Do you feel differently about Fedor vs CC after reading this?

CC coulda woulda shoulda had him. Fedor was hurt, but CC was so intent on winning by LHK that he threw it instead of playing smart. then he spent most of the rest of the fight on his back. as was inevitable.

good sub d though. that surprised most of us.

those were fun times. staying off the interwebs until the Pride PPV came sucked though.

Last edited:
Yeah he broke it against Kohsaka. They (commentary) speculate about it during the fight.

Biggest robbery in MMA history. Can't believe Fedor got the nod. Cro Cop made him his bitch.

Wish he would have stayed retired. The greatest mma fighter of all time.

Biggest robbery in MMA history. Can't believe Fedor got the nod. Cro Cop made him his bitch.

if your serious im concerned about your mental state this is no laughing matter you either have some serious brain damage or horrendous vision either way you should get that checked out:icon_cry2

its no wonder you break your hand throwing punches like he does. he literally puts his whole body into those shots.

Fedor is so Zen he should be Asian.

I definately need to watch this fight again.

I think their recollection of the fight itself is a little rose-coloured. I watched the fight yesterday. For the first half of the first round, Fedor is getting tagged left right and sideways. He's striking back but CroCop is doing all the damage. It isn't until Cro-Cop smells blood and prematurely goes in for the kill that Fedor turns it around, takes him down, and gasses him out. Once Cro-Cop was gassed he was done for but if he had had better conditioning I believe he would have won.

good read.
id like to see a gif of that shin to knee kick they mentioned in that article.

I think their recollection of the fight itself is a little rose-coloured. I watched the fight yesterday. For the first half of the first round, Fedor is getting tagged left right and sideways. He's striking back but CroCop is doing all the damage. It isn't until Cro-Cop smells blood and prematurely goes in for the kill that Fedor turns it around, takes him down, and gasses him out. Once Cro-Cop was gassed he was done for but if he had had better conditioning I believe he would have won.

CroCop says it wasn't conditioning; he was tense, he froze, and had an adrenaline dump. in other words, nerves.

that being said, it was his 13th fight in under 2 years. things were different then.

but ya it's weird watching these "amazing" fights later. it wasn't that this particular fight was **exciting**, per se; it was the context of the bout. and that context gets completely lost after live. not unlike two guys not in the top 20 can have an "exciting" bout, but it's totally meaningless in the grand scheme of things. does that make it more or less fascinating than a top 5 v top 5 stylistic matchup that had less action?

i remember watching Wandy v Rampage II and thinking it was the best fight ever. it was the one that left Rampage in the ropes dripping blood like a waterfall. years later i realized it was half on the ground with Rampage on top doing very little. so about half the fight was the best half fight ever :) but overall i'd completely forgotten the slower parts had happened.

Last edited:

thats now how i remember it. Fedor is stalking cro cop,and putting ALOT of pressure on him. Cro cop lands some hard body kicks and straights but Fedor keeps stalking him. Even when mirko feels he is safe out of range he has to dash back cos fedor is chasing and swinging at him. I had the fight even in these exchanges. Both men were dangerous and They both land shots on each other,but Fedor is dictating the pace of the fight. Mirko has to constantly back up and he clearly doesnt like it,thats not how he fights. Mirko scores on a straight and backs fedor up but Fedor throws a ridiculously huge overhand that mirko had to put on the breaks to get away from,and tries a LHK but he was kind of rattled and off balance when he threw it and it didnt hit fedor that hard,but it did cut him. What happens next is weird,im not sure if mirko tried to take fedor down or just stumbled into it but he clinches with Fedor and Fedor takes him down and gets on top. In the next round,mirko looks limp and tired,and Fedor bashes the fuck out of him whenever their standing,which isnt long,since mirko isnt threatening enough to stop Fedor from getting near him and tripping him to the floor where he stays for the rest of the rounds.

can kkkkhan get his own Fedor subforum?

CroCop says it wasn't conditioning; he was tense, he froze, and had an adrenaline dump. in other words, nerves.

that being said, it was his 13th fight in under 2 years. things were different then.

but ya it's weird watching these "amazing" fights later. it wasn't that this particular fight was **exciting**, per se; it was the context of the bout. and that context gets completely lost after live. not unlike two guys not in the top 20 can have an "exciting" bout, but it's totally meaningless in the grand scheme of things. does that make it more or less fascinating than a top 5 v top 5 stylistic matchup that had less action?

i remember watching Wandy v Rampage II and thinking it was the best fight ever. it was the one that left Rampage in the ropes dripping blood like a waterfall. years later i realized it was half on the ground with Rampage on top doing very little. so about half the fight was the best half fight ever :) but overall i'd completely forgotten the slower parts had happened.

for sure you get swept up in the memory but the fact is the standup portions in both wandy rampage II and Fedor vs Mirko were fuckin fantastic. Wandy lands a fucking six punch combination on quinton and he tries to cover up and of course thats when wandy clinches and pours on the violence,and then quinton takes him down...that was the SHIT,but then on the ground he just stayed in wandys guard and didnt do much. The 2nd round he was tired but it still had some great standup moments of course....the match slows down but the action parts are MONEY. This is how i feel about Fedor/Mirko as well.

for sure you get swept up in the memory but the fact is the standup portions in both wandy rampage II and Fedor vs Mirko were fuckin fantastic. Wandy lands a fucking six punch combination on quinton and he tries to cover up and of course thats when wandy clinches and pours on the violence,and then quinton takes him down...that was the SHIT,but then on the ground he just stayed in wandys guard and didnt do much. The 2nd round he was tired but it still had some great standup moments of course....the match slows down but the action parts are MONEY. This is how i feel about Fedor/Mirko as well.

that i was :)

thats now how i remember it. Fedor is stalking cro cop,and putting ALOT of pressure on him. Cro cop lands some hard body kicks and straights but Fedor keeps stalking him. Even when mirko feels he is safe out of range he has to dash back cos fedor is chasing and swinging at him. I had the fight even in these exchanges. Both men were dangerous and They both land shots on each other,but Fedor is dictating the pace of the fight. Mirko has to constantly back up and he clearly doesnt like it,thats not how he fights. Mirko scores on a straight and backs fedor up but Fedor throws a ridiculously huge overhand that mirko had to put on the breaks to get away from,and tries a LHK but he was kind of rattled and off balance when he threw it and it didnt hit fedor that hard,but it did cut him. What happens next is weird,im not sure if mirko tried to take fedor down or just stumbled into it but he clinches with Fedor and Fedor takes him down and gets on top. In the next round,mirko looks limp and tired,and Fedor bashes the fuck out of him whenever their standing,which isnt long,since mirko isnt threatening enough to stop Fedor from getting near him and tripping him to the floor where he stays for the rest of the rounds.

I don't wish to fight over this, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't have to rely on dim recollection. As I said, I watched it just yesterday. Fedor is moving forward and backing up Cro-Cop, yes, and it was very effective strategy, but for the first 5 minutes it is causing him to get clipped over and over. Mirko tags him good around the 5 minute mark give or take and rushes in. From there it's all down hill for Cro-Cop.

Regarding the reason for him running out of gas so suddenly, my only point is not the reason for that, but the result of it. I think had that not happened he had the fight in the bag. I am not discounting Fedor's performance, which, as Bas said at the time, was game plan excellence in action, but it would not have worked if Cro-Cop and had not gassed as he did.

And fair enough if you disagree. I'm not a Fedor hater by any means.

Back