Do you ever wish Jiu-Jitsu had a different name?

i love after u tell them u do jiu jitsu they get in a karate stance and tell u to show them a move

Lol..I get this all the time...

I say, "Ok you want me to show you a move?"

They say, a little less assuredly "Um, yeah, show me something"

I say: "Ok, here's my best technique." I pause and then step right close and then suddenly run away.

This always works...

But seriously, i get really annoyed at people always asking me how my karate is going. My boss at work calls me "Kung Fu Boy", just to piss me off, cause he knows it works. One of my other colleagues regularly calls me "Tai Chi" cause he knows it pisses me off.

I have repeatedly asked both of them to visit my school...no takers. They've seen videos of my comps.

never tell anyone about fight club

"judo chop"...still makes me laugh from austin powers. anyhow, i could care less about who thinks or says what. it could be called sissy fighting. i like throwing people, i like submission wrestling, i like striking. the place that i train is actually a "jujitsu" place. not bjj but we spend about 60% of instructional training doing groundwork. and we always spend the last 30-45 min of class rolling. point being.....a name is just a name.

It could be worse. Judo, for some reason, is associated with "chopping", and the word "Sambo", along with being a Russian martial art, is also a racial epithet towards black people.

Sambo is a term for black people? I never have heard that...or been called that.

i have to say that i hate it when i tell somone that i do jiu-jitsu and they come back with some silly shit like "Really? my son does karate". it has always bugged me that the average joe's first thoguht goes towards TMA. wrestlers & boxers don't have to deal with that shit.

Just go with "submission wrestling." It's close enough.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back