Do you ever see yourself....

yeah. I feel the same way about the blue to purple transition

I'm concerned less with any other transition.
but the blue to purple is such a mountain.

damn I want that purple and I'm SOOO far away

Yeah man, purple has got to be the hardest belt to get. It took me longer to earn the first stripe on my blue belt, than it took me to earn my blue belt.

If I get my purple I know I will make it to black. But I have a deep-seated fear of remaining a blue belt forever, lol

Even though I suck right now I'll be training until I get my BB even if it takes more then 10 years.

Someone once said that a black belt is a white belt that never quit. I take that to heart.

Since I have no plans on quitting anytime soon, I see myself getting there.

Someone once said that a black belt is a white belt that never quit. I take that to heart.

Since I have no plans on quitting anytime soon, I see myself getting there.

I actually had a black belt tell me something similar. But he said "The only difference between you and me is mat time." Makes you feel a bit better after he crushes you

The first day i stepped on the mats and really experienced BJJ I told myself I WILL become a black belt in this martial art.

No matter what it takes.

Yeah man, purple has got to be the hardest belt to get. It took me longer to earn the first stripe on my blue belt, than it took me to earn my blue belt.

If I get my purple I know I will make it to black. But I have a deep-seated fear of remaining a blue belt forever, lol

purple belt are known as the mini BB.

It take a couple of years to blue and another couple of years to purple.

By then so many people situations and interest change and the time spent really question your long term interest in BJJ.

Blue belt is the worst belt by far.

It is like a curse...people get to blue and disapear.

well, it took me five years to get the purple.
maybe five years more to black'? why not.
i could be black belt with 35, not bad.
anyways i just want to enjoy bjj, belts are not the most important.
right now i am injured so i want to enjoy bjj again :icon_conf

I have no doubt in my mind that I will get there.
Just because BJJ is now a part of my life and my identity.

If I loose a leg and an arm, I will be a one-armed, one-legged blackbelt.

Having said that, I am in no rush and well aware that blackbelt is not the end, but just another chapter in the life-long learning process of BJJ.

I am taking it one cauliflowered, bone-grinding step at a time...

I'm a fresh blue belt, and I see the purple sooo far, that I'm not even thinking about black.

Of course I hope I will be a BB someday. I just can't still see it happening in terms of skill... but rationally I know I'll get there, sooner or later.

anyways i just want to enjoy bjj, belts are not the most important.
right now i am injured so i want to enjoy bjj again :icon_conf

I agree... I'm injured too and not training that's the worse part :icon_sad: . Another damn month at least... :(

Yes, I'll get my BB. I've just got to keep training. You have no control over when you get promoted to any belt, the only things you have control over are how often and how hard you train.

Training + experience + attitude + time = success

my path to BB

Back