Social Do you ever get bored?

My opinion is

• Total voters
Yes 100%.

I used to watch every Dodgers and Lakers game as well as all the NFL games televised during the week, and all the UFC countdowns and undercards and TUF. Now I don't even watch basketball, NFL only certain games (too many fucking commercials) and UFC I never watch the countdown or TUF or Contender Series and outright skip shitty events. Movies used to go the the theater almost weekly and probably go twice a year max, too many sequels, remakes, and redundant shit (talking about blockbusters), same shit with video games, maybe play 1 or 2 times a month tops (used to play daily).

However I have filled my time with other things. Language learning, podcasts, YouTube, bike riding, travel, work, girlfriend, etc. So while old things I used to do a lot bore me I've filled my time with new things. Think that is a normal part of life honestly.

Well I’ve been stuck in bed with a broken leg since November. So I’ve been really goddamn bored.

Finally started physical therapy. Hopefully will be going back to work in a few weeks.
Wishing you the best of health!

tbh, I have two jobs, work hella hours for shit pay. I don't have the luxury to be "bored." in the spare time I do have I embrace it with sleep, or spending time with mi Novia, or family and friends.

and yes, I know this forum looks down on poor people but it is what it is. hate away.

Reactions: Zer
Do you think it’s something that goes and then comes back? I used to follow sports a l out more
I don't know really. Maybe when I was younger I was more affected with the excitement but I knew pretty much all the track and field squad in the Olympics in the 80s and 90s. Couldn't name any of them now.

Maybe me not playing tennis or being an athlete anymore has something to do with it.

Never ....... who would ever come to post here if they were bored?

Yeah I get bored, whenever this happens I try to practice guitar, I did this a lot during lockdown

Yes, Chess.

I have waves. When I was in high school it was life. It was exciting, my friends and I went to tournaments. It was one of those things you can't explain how awesome it was because it's your experience that makes it... think of a song that you enjoy because you associate it with a time but somebody else may hear it and not feel the same.

Anyway, after high school I'd have periods where I'd play a lot, then periods where I barely played the game at all. After long droughts, sitting down to play a little bit was fun and exciting.

The reason it gets boring from time to time is because I peaked. Unless it is a slow game, I'll fluctuate around the same range. I've made peace with that.

I won't get better unless I study, bust my ass, stress over it, etc. and for what? A few rating points?
<{cruzshake}>

That's how some fanatics get and it is a miserable existence.
Not worth it; I just do it to have fun. Decompress, listen to a podcast, play while drinking my morning coffee to 'wake up,' etc.

IDK if bored but I got over somethings in life and went on to do others.

For example.. I barely play any guitar now and I used to play all day as a teenager.

Or I quit kickboxing after many years and now I ride my bike and lift weights.

i constantly find myself tiring of things i would do normally.

Yeah, I’m hats why I come here sometimes. Tho, this place has been boring too lately

Doing same old shit will cause boredom in the long run, might as well doing different things like learning some new things.

I plan on doing martial arts and motorcycling again, needs some new things to do.

Not really. I never miss an opportunity to do stuff outside, and I never get tired of fishing, golfing hunting, hiking etc. My main indoor hobbies are reading and watching movies, and I never get bored of these either. A good book in my recliner with some Coltrane in the background never gets old.

I like this one a lot by trane.

Yes, Chess.

I have waves. When I was in high school it was life. It was exciting, my friends and I went to tournaments. It was one of those things you can't explain how awesome it was because it's your experience that makes it... think of a song that you enjoy because you associate it with a time but somebody else may hear it and not feel the same.

Anyway, after high school I'd have periods where I'd play a lot, then periods where I barely played the game at all. After long droughts, sitting down to play a little bit was fun and exciting.

The reason it gets boring from time to time is because I peaked. Unless it is a slow game, I'll fluctuate around the same range. I've made peace with that.

I won't get better unless I study, bust my ass, stress over it, etc. and for what? A few rating points?
<{cruzshake}>

That's how some fanatics get and it is a miserable existence.
Not worth it; I just do it to have fun. Decompress, listen to a podcast, play while drinking my morning coffee to 'wake up,' etc.

What was you highest rating?

Back