Do you ever carry through signs?

I think the CC guy did a damn good job, especially once he pulled the guy went belly on pavement.

Oh he did fantastic. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I was just saying the actions here wouldn't have actually stopped a bomb from being detonated had there been one since it reads like the confrontation occurred outside.

Most likely, CCer had a head on his shoulders and while there was definitely a threat, could tell by whatever the crazy guy was doing/saying there wasn't actually an armed and ready to go bomb in the backpack. So no need to fire any shots or even sweep all the other movie goers in the theater. Pulling from holster so that'd it'd be ready much faster, but keeping hidden behind back to prevent further panic, was a very good decision on his part.

Oh he did fantastic. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I was just saying the actions here wouldn't have actually stopped a bomb from being detonated had there been one since it reads like the confrontation occurred outside.

Most likely, CCer had a head on his shoulders and while there was definitely a threat, could tell by whatever the crazy guy was doing/saying there wasn't actually an armed and ready to go bomb in the backpack. So no need to fire any shots or even sweep all the other movie goers in the theater. Pulling from holster so that'd it'd be ready much faster, but keeping hidden behind back to prevent further panic, was a very good decision on his part.
I was still working in my hometown when this happened and I FEEL like there was a report that the CCer was infantry in the Army for awhile and finished his time in as like an MP or something.

The guy obviously had training and understood the panic a pulled gun can cause.

that is a crazy story, thanks for posting the link! i was trying to visualize how it went down, like if he was stopped before entering the theater, etc. a bomb threat does pose some interesting questions, like if it's a real bomb on a timer, then shooting the person won't stop it.

anyway, hope we didn't take your thread too far off topic HockeyBjj

that is a crazy story, thanks for posting the link! i was trying to visualize how it went down, like if he was stopped before entering the theater, etc. a bomb threat does pose some interesting questions, like if it's a real bomb on a timer, then shooting the person won't stop it.

anyway, hope we didn't take your thread too far off topic HockeyBjj

No problem at all. Shows the benefit of being armed in the higher danger public areas like theaters and malls, even if there's no gun signs

This subforum can use all the traffic it can get. And this was a valid story to discuss.

Never; but in SC the signage has to be very specific to be legal.

Carrying against a legally posted ban is just asking for loss of CC and possible confiscation.

What would you guys do going into a very restrictive state like New York or Cali on a road trip or something? Would you carry, or leave the gun at home?

Saying that, I’m jealous as fuck that you guys can CC. Don’t even get me started on the paperwork/hoops we have to jump through up here to bring a handgun anywhere.

Back