Do you even want the US to be united?

And this is why I will never vote Democrat or Republican ever again. It’s just an outlet for hate mongering.

Yeah pretty much, I class myself as a centrist and its clear most people are quite far from the centre for their party.

hello DespicablePeep,

when you use the term "media", i hope you're not including Fox News.

if you mean that its lefty outlets like PBS and National Public Radio that's tearing the nation apart, fine.

- IGIT

All media, they fuel both sides. Fox fuels the right leaning idiots and Twitter/msnbc/cnn fuels IGIT type of idiots.

Of course. I would love if we could all come together as a nation, but in recent years there seems to have been an awakening of hatred or at least a renewing of hatred between the right and left that may not be able to be repaired. So much hate and horrible accusations were thrown around that it may just be the way it is from now on.

I want the US to be united but we get further divided every day. The media and our very education system furthers the divide.

I get work e-mails about upcoming LGBTQ events with guest speakers from that "community", Black history month events, Hispanic heritage events, Pacific Islander events, Women in leadership events, etc, etc, but never a single one for people such as myself.

That's what progressives have wrought. A system that neatly labels people and places a spotlight on them and microphone in their hand if their race, gender, and sexual orientation makes them part of a "special class" yet is exclusionary to those who've been deemed not worthy of the attention.

We should be better than this.

I'm noticing this. They won, and they're still acting sad and bitchy. It's very strange.

Exactly how it was four years ago, but with the teams reversed. It's only strange to those of you that blindly play for your teams. For any outsider, and those of you that actually think, it's expected by both sides.

Pence was the only one with an adult response through all the debates.

Both did not answer the question at all, however, Pence had the better overall reply.

What reasonable person doesn't agree with this statement?

Here's the big difference in enmity between the left and the right:

The left burns with righteous anger against those who would deny a chronically ill American needed medical care on the basis of their inability to afford it.

The right burns with righteous anger against those who would raise taxes on American billionaires.

That's it in a nutshell.
Nahh I think the essence of it is the left is convinced to cede more power and money to the government at the expense of individual liberty because if not you’re racist.! And right wing people just want to pursue happiness in peace with less government interference. Oversimplified but basically true

It's very rich for anyone on the left to call for acceptance and unity after 4 years of russia this, #not my president that, and utter denial that trump was anything other than the legit president of the US. Your calls for unity would seem much more genuine if they happened 8 months ago when we were facing a global crisis.

Some of you mf'ers have the attention span of a fly. This started a long time ago, and its just reaction following a reaction. Don't act like conservatives have not been acting like total assholes to Obama (and the DEMs) for 8 years.

I agree 100 percent
I agree but what I find repugnant is someone like my brother sending me 40 huffington post videos a day about BLM and why Trump is racist etc. I provide a few counter arguments, then he has a bitch fit. He can believe that nonsense if he wants but if he can’t accept my beliefs then fuck’em! I didn’t impose my shit on him

No it will only end in war and secession. I think its best to separate in some way or let some states leave.

Both sides have extremists who want to destroy the other side. This is not healthy

I don't get why a lot of states would want to secede. If say Arkansas secedes from the US, how much trade power/GDP could it realistically expect to have?

It's like asking if Nazis and commies should be united.
It makes no sense.

A country unites around things like tribe, culture, and beliefs.
There's little uniting Trumpists and Democrats. Though if the Democrats fully embrace the "Islamo-leftist" creed and becomes fully anti-white, lots of liberal Democrats could go red.

It only makes sense to call them Nazis and Commies if you're only paying attention to the extremes on either side. The average American is nowhere near either a Nazi or Communist.

It's a very loud minority on either side.

It only makes sense to call them Nazis and Commies if you're only paying attention to the extremes on either side. The average American is nowhere near either a Nazi or Communist. It's a very loud minority on either side.

I was making an exaggerated analogy to make a point, which still stands.
I firmly believe that a good part of the right and left in this country are irredeemably divided.
In fact it's not just me saying this, but the vast majority of political analysts in mainstream media, who have studied the question.

The centrist left and right wing are actually few in number. As many of them as the extremists.
But its the people in between those groups that matter.

Its catchy doe, amirite?

source.gif
<TrumpWrong1>

If the other side wants a Gov run by Trump....Nope. Trumptards can leave. Most of them are rich racists that can afford to leave anyway. Bi Den.
This is so untrue it’s hilarious. The % of Trump supporters in the top income bracket is around 2%. And given the education gap and that his support is mostly in rural areas his supporters make less than Biden’s.

I was making an exaggerated analogy to make a point, which still stands.
I firmly believe that a good part of the right and left in this country are irredeemably divided.
In fact it's not just me saying this, but the vast majority of political analysts in mainstream media, who have studied the question.

The centrist left and right wing are actually few in number. As many of them as the extremists.
But its the people in between those groups that matter.

People will start to come round once they come to terms with the fact that a separated US would mean fuck all in terms of the international scene, aside from probably California, New York and Texas.

Why does it have to be narrowed down to left or right? Were all human beings which is the most important and we shall connect in someway because of that.

Once you start voting you already choose to be devided.
The whole election system is created for division.

Back