Do you even lift, bro? Powerlifter to the rescue

Lonesome Crow

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Powerlifter recounts freeing man pinned by two-ton SUV after crash

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-frees-man-trapped-after-accident/2907595002/

"Ryan Belcher was leaving work Thursday afternoon in Ypsilanti, Michigan, when the powerlifter heard a loud noise in the distance, he told Detroit's WXYZ-TV.

"I just hear a big smash and, as I look out, a crowd of people are coming and this vehicle is flipped upside down," Belcher said, "and my first instinct was to just take off out there."

A man lay pinned by the overturned Jeep with his body halfway out of the wreckage, MLive.com reported, as four or so people gathered trying to help.

“He was talking about his legs, how he couldn’t feel his legs,” Belcher told the site.

Belcher weighs 350 pounds, he told MLive, and has squatted 950 pounds. But the black Jeep Cherokee weighed roughly two tons.

The 29-year-old stuck his arms inside the car and "just grabbed it," he told Fox News, hoping to move the car that had trapped the man against a speed limit sign.

Lifting and pushing, Belcher leveraged his weight to move the car perhaps three feet, he told the network, enough to free the man so that others could pull him to safety"

bro-do-you-even-lift_o_1554021.jpg

Guy should have taken his muscley toxic masculinity and just minded his own business.

Lost opportunity to get together a diverse group of heroes and heroines with realistic bodies to solve the problem, IMO.

Moving a 2 ton car to rescue someone is badass, hope he got a bj or something. At least a tuggie.

Pretty much every power lifters wet dream to have something heavy that only they can lift to save the day.

What a stud.

Pretty much every power lifters wet dream to have something heavy that only they can lift to save the day.

What a stud.

The only reason to powerlift is to one day save lives with your retard strength.

that's dope and all but humans that large don't live as long as string bean lanky lean old men.

This is literally what he has been waiting for his entire life. Good job.

Well, shit. I competed in powerlifting for 10 years and didn’t get to save anybody. Friggin’ waste of time.

This is literally what he has been waiting for his entire life. Good job.

Exactly. I used to lift. Then I thought “why the fuck would I go to the gym and practice lifting stuff? Why don’t I join a boxing gym or something so that I get in great shape and get good at doing something that has actual practical application?” I guess I was kind of wrong. But still, what are the chances?

Every powerlifter daydreams about the day that they can use their power to save a life and this man just did that.

Every powerlifter daydreams about the day that they can use their power to save a life and this man just did that.

What a stud.

Except I'm sure in their fantasy it's a hot chick they're saving. Just as long as her breasts weren't obliterated.

cool story bro.
hopefully the guy that was pinned didn't lose his legs (or ability to walk).

Back