Do you even get excited over big events anymore?

Platinum

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Due to all the pull outs, and the other number one bullshit stuff happening, it's hard to get excited over these bigger cards.

So many good cards have ended up being borderline faeces,
Thanks to wires, tiramisu, etc.

Hopefully i don't jinx UFC 229 and 230

(people will pull out anyway, lol, lmao)

I love them all like they are my Babies

I remember how excited me and my friends got for Chuck vs Rampage 2.

The whole house went nuts at the announcement of Cro Cop coming on that PPV.

Chasing that excitement is chasing the dragon.

Kinda, yeah. I was super-hype for Romero vs Whittaker 2, DC vs Stipe and Tony vs Khabib.
I love MMA, doubt I'll ever lose interest completely.

Not so hype for Conor vs Khabib, somehow. Because regardless of the outcome the LW division is stalled for another year or so.

No point, too many fighters having strokes and getting killed on buses

Yes.

Still another week and a half till the next UFC event. (it's even a fight night card) . I'm hurting.

PFL tonight and Bellator coming up is nice, but can't wait for Vick vs Gaethje to get here already.

I love the sport. Give me a UFC event every weekend. I'll watch it and I'll love it.

No. UFC is going the way of boxing once Don King destroyed it. I watch, but no longer have people over for events. If it's a bullshit card I stream, which I swore I'd never do.

Not like I used to but I think I've been conditioned that way to hope for the best but be prepared for the worse. Pull outs happen. I've been left holding tickets to a card that I was jacked for only to be left with an event that changed to crap. Whether attending an event or watching it however you watch it the higher your anticipation or excitement the harder the fall to disappointment when it doesn't meet what you wanted. Ngannou/Lewis wasn't a main event but it was a fight with anticipated excitement. It was shit. You feel like shit afterward for even having been excited for the match up.

Never have.

That's just the way it is for individual sports.

I use to have UFC watch parties with most of my casual friends more often but last time I did was Conor/Diaz 2. That one really delivered. There hasn't really been one worth the PPV price lately

I only watch the gifs and pretend I know the sport.

Due to all the pull outs, and the other number one bullshit stuff happening, it's hard to get excited over these bigger cards.

So many good cards have ended up being borderline faeces,
Thanks to wires, tiramisu, etc.

Hopefully i don't jinx UFC 229 and 230

(people will pull out anyway, lol, lmao)
imagine trying to salvage 229 if the headliner falls through. It would be one of the worst PPV's ever without Conor.

don't believe the hype

too many letdowns lately.

hurt, missed weight. sinusitis. hospitals, dehydration, strokes.

I only watch the gifs and pretend I know the sport.
tenor.gif
Hopefully you know about one of the greatest kicks ever thrown.

Back