Do you enjoy beating people up?

Pierced7681

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Just curious, anyone else here train BJJ because they enjoy beating people up? I know it's a martial art and all, respect your opponents and whatnot, but I find I enjoy grappling because it's fun when you can beat on people and kick their ass.

Also, anyone here hate it when people don't want to spar 100%? I'm used to hard sparring from training at an MMA club, and I figure that if you want to just flow roll and work technique you better have an injury that's keeping you from real sparring.

No, I don't. I just enjoy the sport

You live the sword and you die by the sword.

so if you enjoy beating people, do you enjoy getting beaten as well?

i smell a troll but i'll bite. It's no fun dominating a sparring partner, if you're dominating that bad you're not learning anything new. if i'm that far ahead in terms of skills, i purposefully put myself in bad positions to get out instead of tapping the guy every few seconds.

If someone beats me it just means I have to train harder to get to their level. So yes, I view getting my ass kicked as a good thing and I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am now in the sport without all the times I've been tapped and put to sleep.

You live the sword and you die by the sword.

so if you enjoy beating people, do you enjoy getting beaten as well?

That's not necessarily true, its just saying that the way you live is the way you die, it doesn't say anything about enjoying the latter because you enjoy the former.

That's not necessarily true, its just saying that the way you live is the way you die, it doesn't say anything about enjoying the latter because you enjoy the former.

If someone pleasure in BJJ is by beating training partner (winning), then what happens when they lose and get beaten? do they quit? are they still happy as the sole source of pleasure is taken away from them.

Also, anyone here hate it when people don't want to spar 100%? I'm used to hard sparring from training at an MMA club, and I figure that if you want to just flow roll and work technique you better have an injury that's keeping you from real sparring.

going 100% to me means im gonna choke the shit out of your face and you better tap quick if i get you in a joint lock because I'm not about to wait for your counter. and your gonna have to put me to sleep because there is no way im tapping to a choke.

I like to roll competitively where both people are trying hard to win but controlled. Other times I just like to take it easy and move at my own pace and enjoy training.

I like to get beat once in a while. Keeps me ego in check :)

If someone beats me it just means I have to train harder to get to their level. So yes, I view getting my ass kicked as a good thing and I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am now in the sport without all the times I've been tapped and put to sleep.

then you must be as much as a sadist as a masochist!

ok, just kidding..

I like to win by using a check mate approach in BJJ.

make your opponent thinks that he has options but in reality you are setting him up in your net of BJJ tricks and tapping becomes the conclusion.

the amount of strength to be used just changes depending on your training partner.

He's basically saying if you can dish it out, you better be able to take it as well.

Just want to add, in no way do I try to actually hurt my training partners, I'm not a spaz who tries to injure people.

I enjoy outsmarting people and thinking up moves on the fly. I've never been in a fight and I've never enjoyed hurting or beating anybody up.

If someone pleasure in BJJ is by beating training partner (winning), then what happens when they lose and get beaten? do they quit? are they still happy as the sole source of pleasure is taken away from them.
I don't think that having some pain inflicted on me could be considered having my pleasure of dishing it out taken away from me, maybe at that point in time, but I can't imagine it affecting someone in the long run. Well, that is unless they're getting smashed 95% of the time, in which the pain in/pain out ration isn't really in favour of the sadist. But, I'm not a sadist, so this is all speculation to me.

where exactly are you in the sport right now?

Two stripe white belt, but I don't really train in the Gi very often, more of a no-gi grappler who's game is more suited to MMA.

I'm debating having my first amateur fight soon, but my boxing needs some more work before I really go for it.

I really can't stand guys like you in the club.

No offense. You're probably a nice person, but I just can't stand it.

Why? I'm well liked at my club, I've never injured anyone. Honestly I just roll to win and enjoy beating people up, it's how I get my kicks.

Also, I'm not a big guy who likes using his size (im 5'7, 153pds) to dominate.

To TS, how are you doing in competition?

last i read, you had to travel far for competing.

Back