Do you draw life lessons from MMA?

I've learned man lessons from mma, some more specific than others

Discipline, resolve, respect, etc. are all qualities that can be learned from MMA. But I think one will adopt these better from training than from watching. Still, important lessons can be derived from the sport as long as someone is rational and selective.

Agreed. One can draw inspiration from a fighter, and find ways to apply it to their daily routine....I think fighters can more dramatically effect folks who are going through a struggle or illness.

I'm a sucker for a fighter/athlete who shows up for sick kids who are fans of theirs. Gives me the "feels", and reminds me why I love sports.

For example, watching Bisping finally become champion reinforced the idea that hard work, dedication, perseverance, and preparation will lead you to achieve your dream.

Seeing Conor talk a preposterous amount of shit and then get embarrassed reinforced the idea that humility and respect are important.

Seeing Ronda get KO'd is a lesson in staying level-headed and constantly looking inward.

What about you?
there are lessons to be learned within all combat. a ton a luck too!

Jon Jones has given me a lot of food for thought.

Even though I don't care for Jone's smugness, fakeness, or some of his tactics in the ring. He is one of the most inspiration fighters for me. His level of preparation, belief in himself, and ability to fight through adversity is impressive.

I learned to not make excuses when I failed at something. And that's big for me.
Self believing its another thing that I have learned

There's a ton of good things you can learn with these fighters. A lot of bad things too. Just be objective and you will get the best out of it

Sure. Food for thought, indeed.

Yeah, if you're a bitch a very humble woman will kick the fuck out of your face

And if you dance like a clown with your hands down by your sides you're going to get caught

And if you try to cheat the system by fleeing a car crash scene you'll probably cheat inside the cage too

I base my life around Sherdog actually.

posted from cell block 7, Rikers island penal institute.

Yes I do.

Examples:

Seeing Conor becoming one of the best paid fighters so quickly taught me that knowing how to sell yourself is important and can lead to more financiall success.

Seeing Ronda amassing an excellent 12-1 career record with many first-round-victories taught me how important self-confidence is.

Seeing Rockhold getting caught by Bisping taught me that you should never underestimate your opponent even if your skill set is far superior.

Probably 2 things:

Always expect the unexpected.

Some of the US fans are headcases and I can understand why parts of the country are messed up.

Yeah, don't let people pay you money to be hit in the head.

Back