Do you consider Woodley taking GSP isntead of Wonderboy a step up in competition or a duck?

the current champ will always have a bit of a 'what if...' over his name if he doesn't beat GSP. that's the fight he needs to really cement his position at the top of the table

Doesn't matter because GSP was always going to get an instant title shot the second he decided to come back. These are just facts.

Doesn't matter who Sherdog thinks is more deserving.

This is the hardest possible fight for Woodley. How dare people call this a duck. He wants to face THE WW GOAT!

Sherdog has thousand reply threads lamenting fighter pay, but when a guy wants to get the biggest payday possible, the fans shit all over him. The Woodley hate is coming from a dark place with a lot of these guys. It's that Rashad/Jones/Anderson/Cormier hate.

This is like 1st time in mma/UFC history it's a double duck

Gsp was ducking Hendricks/lawler for over 3 years n now wants to come back to face a guy who's been easily defeated by his teammate gsp style

Woodley doesn't want a no.1 contender but rather call out a guy who's been inactive for over 3 years

I think this confirms GSP was terrified of Lawler.

Lawler is a much easier fight. Much weaker wrestling and not as versatile as GSP on the feet.

Woodley just put Lawler in a coma with one glove and GSP wants to fight Woodley. Woodley also has very good wrestling.

You people don't even try, do you?

A huge duck!
Of course he's going to take the big money fight, so I understand that. But in terms of the more dangerous opponent, there is no one in the WW division better than Wonderboy atm.
GSP hasn't fought in forever, his skills will have obviously diminished, his speed and timing will all be off and WB is an absolute monster. It doesn't matter who fights, Wonderboy will have that title at some point.

GSP is a bigger payday and a bigger name on his resume if he wins.

Lawler is a much easier fight. Much weaker wrestling and not as versatile as GSP on the feet.

Woodley just put Lawler in a coma with one glove and GSP wants to fight Woodley. Woodley also has very good wrestling.

You people don't even try, do you?

GSP pokes your face which means he would have eaten counters. He quit for years the last time he was hit that much in return.

GSP has had a long lay off and lots of injuries he wasn't exactly in his prime when he retired/took a break so right now I say it's the easier fight.

Since when do fighters outside 400 mill generating McGregor get yo call their fights? TW should fight wonder boy next. Stylistically it's a nightmare for TW who may still catch him but wonder boy weathers an early storm and dissects him from then on finishing him in 3.

T-Wood was never told the fight Wonderboy by the UFC though. He was simply challenged by Wonderboy. T-Wood said he'd rather fight a big money guy like GSP or Diaz. You would have a point of the UFC told T-Wood he is fighting Wonderboy and he refused. But that didn't happen.

I agree Wonderboy is a tough fight everyone in the WW division. The question was is he a bigger challenge than GSP (WW GOAT) though.

What say you sherdog?
Tbh I still think GSP is goat at 170. And it's the money right for absolutely certain. Wonderboy is the safer fight but less reward IMO. I think Woodley is hoping he can stop the TD.

Back