Do you consider Woodley taking GSP isntead of Wonderboy a step up in competition or a duck?

i love gsp and hes the goat and overall better than WB but at this point in their careers i think WB is more dangerous for woodley

duck

He is definitely ducking......... a lower paycheck.

It makes me think Woodley is ducking Wonderboy, like GSP may have been ducking Lawler.

The timeliness of the return certainly raises suspicion. Yes, I understand the Reebok thing.
Did Robbie ever call GSP out? Was GSP ever offered the fight? Woodley became champ and immediately called him and Diaz out.
It drives me nuts how often the word ducked is misused on this board. You don't fight and KO a beast like Lawler, and then fear fighting WB.
And there's a reason why GSP is considered a GOAT. He's a martial artist. Dude lives the life. If he comes back, he'll be in shape and ready. 35 is not that old.

Tyron seems not to fancy the Thompson fight? Fighting Gsp will be more lucrative and he's unlikely to get his head kicked off, win/win.

He's definitely ducking Wonderboy. GSP was well rounded, but Woodley knows he matches up better vs GSP than Wonderboy. GSP's wrestling would probably be a nonfactor and he doesn't have enough striking power to KO Woodley. If anything, GSP would win via points(which he could very well do). If Woodley loses to a taller, more dangerous striker in Thompson, it'd most likely be via KO.

Well, I would say Wonderboy is a stylisticly a lot worse match up for him.
+ if he gains a looot more by beating GSP.

So yeah, ducking.

Did Robbie ever call GSP out? Was GSP ever offered the fight? Woodley became champ and immediately called him and Diaz out.
It drives me nuts how often the word ducked is misused on this board. You don't fight and KO a beast like Lawler, and then fear fighting WB.
And there's a reason why GSP is considered a GOAT. He's a martial artist. Dude lives the life. If he comes back, he'll be in shape and ready. 35 is not that old.

ok. Nothing I said was outlandish.

Woodley calling out retired fighters instead of the consensus #1 contender in the world is not at all weird to you? He doesn't even acknowledge the guy who was clearly ahead of him as the #1 contender and is acting like he needs to have another fight before fighting Woodley, when he himself didn't even deserve the damn titleshot in the first place.

If he calls out BJ Penn next, that's ok too because ya know, $$$$.........

Haha. Some of youguys are crazy. If gsp is willing to sign and set a calendar date, Woodley has to take that fight.

And props to him as his plan will have worked

ok. Nothing I said was outlandish.

Woodley calling out retired fighters instead of the consensus #1 contender in the world is not at all weird to you? He doesn't even acknowledge the guy who was clearly ahead of him as the #1 contender and is acting like he needs to have another fight before fighting Woodley, when he himself didn't even deserve the damn titleshot in the first place.

If he calls out BJ Penn next, that's ok too because ya know, $$$$.........
It's not weird because he wants to get paid. GSP comes with a higher pay check. GSP left on top as a champ, and has been talking about wanting to come back for a while. He is not BJ.
His jabs at WB were over WB not thinking he'd win against Lawler...andd that he wants a money fight. If you don't have a name, then you have to have a belt to get money fights. Woodley is being smart and getting paid. People keep acting like GSP is skme geriatric. If Dom and Brock can take off years and come back to dominate, so can GSP.

GSP has been inactive so by your limited criteria I consider it a duck. A few years ago it would have been a step up in competition.

However, I think Woodley is doing it for the money, not to duck Thompson. Wonderboy isn't a draw.

I don't like this Woodley
Trying to call shoots after he has the belt for 2 hours

I consider it a smart move.

A slightly less risky fight for much, much higher reward.

he Is ducking him no doubt especially after that wonderboy wanted to fight robbie now he gets his change remark

Of course. He has a better chance against a guy who hasn't fought in years. He'll make a lot more money for this fight and a better chance of winning.

GSP is the step up financially and legacy-wise, but he's way past his prime, so it's a win-win situation.
If he loses, he loses to the GOAT. If he wins, he becomes super-star in only 1 fight.

Thompson is a very tough opponent and a potential loss on the way. He's not taking anything from this fight, only the prospects of a head trauma.

i think lots of people here call duck whenver possible - i wouldnt say this is a duck at all

Duck, Duck,.....

bigstock-Goose-Sitting-On-Golden-Egg-1317308.jpg

Goose.

Back