Do you consider Werdum the best heavy of all times??

It's interesting that Werdum is making a case so late in his career.

If he can get back the JDS and AA losses, that would give him a pretty strong case.

He did lose to Reem but also has that win against him.

Personally thought Werdum clearly beat Sergei.

Reem, JDS and AA are all floating at the top of the division, so it's not unfathomable that Werdum could end up being the greatest.

This is NOT hard to conclude.

Fedor is #1.

To even start, you have to go 10 years without getting beat, while being an active fighter the whole time, who does not turn down ANY fight that your promotion offers you.

Didn't Werdum just turn down a fight with Miocic?

I don't care the reasons, he still did it while champ and Fedor did not turn down ANY fights from DSE while he was champ in Pride.

I just don't think this is important to Werdum.
those seem like arbitrary criteria. marciano fans can make unbeaten the criteria in boxing.

Fedor's legacy is almost impossible to beat in the HW division. And I think skillwise prime Cain is a better fighter than anyone.

I have Fedor as #1 and Werdum as #2

On paper yes. Scalps: Fedor, Welasquez, Big Nog, Overeem. Impressive list.

He's the best right now (needs to fight though) and that's all that matters. In terms of all time he is number 3 imo

Ehh there will always be a question mark associated with his record.

He fought alot of cans in an organization that encouraged steroids and had predetermined outcomes.

Plus he started to get his ass whooped almost the moment he fought state side

So you think Werdum is the BHWOAT? Interesting.

nobody has surpassed Fedor yet but Werdum is getting there

1.Fedor
2.Big Nog
3.Werdum

Werdum has an incredible resume and really good wins but he also hasnt been as consistent and hasnt defended his belt.

The poll says I'm wrong because people hate Jones like I do. Fedor's fought too many cans while Jones has beaten pretty much everyone who's been champ at LHW lol. Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Rashad, Vitor, and Cormier. Not to mention Gus and Teixeira.
Considering the thread title says BEST HW of all time I'm confused as to why you're even talking about Jones. Unless you're just trolling....then I get it.

Werdum's got a lot of losses on his record, but most of them are a decade old. He's clearly improved leaps and bounds since his first UFC run. I'd argue that his prime didn't begin until he went to Strikeforce - and in that case, he's only got one loss in his prime, a controversial decision loss to one of the most obvious juicers in MMA history.

I'd still like to see him get a few wins as champ before I placed him over Fedorfof GOAT, but I think he could do that with a few good victories.

I do think that Fedor's legacy is a bit overrated around here. He beat everyone in front of him, and he had some great wins over the likes of Nog and Cro Cop, but he also fought a lot of dudes who didn't belong in the ring with him like Zulu & Matt Lindland.

incredible resume, great personality, and a very impressive skillset. but the true GOAT would never pull this weak shit:

Overeem-vs-Werdum.jpg

Personally, I don't like Werdum
He got tagged many times by punches that nearly Knocked him out and yet, he don't work on it until now. He has the mentality that i don't care if i get knocked down because nobody is gonna fight me on the ground they will wait me till i get up . The best example of this is Mark hunt

those seem like arbitrary criteria. marciano fans can make unbeaten the criteria in boxing.

Only to someone that doesn't agree, or have another agenda.

It's part of his accomplishments. These are the things that made him great and with your logic, you don't need to meet or better these accomplishments in order to claim you are better(makes zero sense).

Funny how Werdum was never even mentioned in GOAT discussions until he beat Velasquez.

I don't see how you can bypass everyone else on the list with that single victory.

But on the other hand this is Sherdog, where the prevalent attention span is about as long Dana White's at an Oxford commencement speech.

Back