Do you consider Werdum the best heavy of all times??

he beat fedor and cain, what else does he need to do ??

Thats your opinion and no one can tell you your wrong, but the polls still say otherwise.. Again this has nothing to do with Jon and I have zero problem with you or anyone els considering him the P4P GOAT as that mythological hypothetical means very little and will always be subjective.... If we go by what P4P really means its DJ hands down

The poll says I'm wrong because people hate Jones like I do. Fedor's fought too many cans while Jones has beaten pretty much everyone who's been champ at LHW lol. Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Rashad, Vitor, and Cormier. Not to mention Gus and Teixeira.

He's top 3.
Fedor is the best though by a long way.

This is NOT hard to conclude.

Fedor is #1.

To even start, you have to go 10 years without getting beat, while being an active fighter the whole time, who does not turn down ANY fight that your promotion offers you.

Didn't Werdum just turn down a fight with Miocic?

I don't care the reasons, he still did it while champ and Fedor did not turn down ANY fights from DSE while he was champ in Pride.

I just don't think this is important to Werdum.

I have Werdum at 2-3 right now, tied with Nog. With a couple of defenses, he'd be the clear #2 all time. To be in the GOAT discussion, a dominant fun would be required.

When you hide in a lower weight division for being afraid of facing people of your own size, Then you are not GOAT.

This is not totally accurate.

Jones pulled out of a fight against Chael Sonnen not due to injuries nor pay, so he is actually afraid of people smaller than himself as well.

fedor fans, fedor was dominant, but so was royce,
so was Rickson,

But werdum has the tools to beat anyone, fedor's not that old to challenge nor is cain,,,

Everyone gets their run and gets old and beaten.

This is NOT hard to conclude.

Fedor is #1.

To even start, you have to go 10 years without getting beat, while being an active fighter the whole time, who does not turn down ANY fight that your promotion offers you.

Didn't Werdum just turn down a fight with Miocic?

I don't care the reasons, he still did it while champ and Fedor did not turn down ANY fights from DSE while he was champ in Pride.

I just don't think this is important to Werdum.
To play devils advocate Werdum said he wouldn't retire now because he's now making all the money. So I'm sure that played a factor.
But ya, I have Fedor at 1 with Werdum at 2, and there is a decent argument that Werdum is 1 I just don't think he is yet.

Werdum has definitely placed himself in the conversation at this point. He's still got some work to do but at his age who know how long he will fight. Either way, he has had an amazing career thus far and is way up there

Let me start by saying I am a massive Werdum fan he is easily my fav heavy on the UFC roster.. But I have a hard time buying into him being the best ever just yet.. Dont get me wrong I see the argument I just think its early, the fickleness off the MMA community can not be underestimated.
every single UFC heavy weight champ there has been since Couture many people have called them the best ever, now none of them are in that conversation anymore....Couture's wrestling was great lots of people thought he could grind out just about any fighter on the planet, and maybe at the time that was true.. Lesnar to huge to athletic, started late, best ever who knows how good he could of been....Cains cardio is untouchable he is the best heavy of all time... JDS has the best hands ever in MMA heavyweight history would tots kill prime cro cop... Nvm Cain is still the best... Werdum subed nog and fedor and he is a k-1 level striker with ADCC elite level grappling...
If Werdum looses his next fight will he still be the best ever??? I doubt people will think so. I think A lot of UFC fans need to feel like they are witnessing the best ever, or just in general buy into the fact that UFC fighters are of another caliber when really that's not entirely the case.

And yes obviously I am a Fedor fan so I am sure this will be viewed as biased..

Respect to all the men mentioned, all of them have been fun to watch/had memorable careers.

Flame on sherbro's

Obligatory Karate hottie pic
1.jpg

How can it even be a Legit question he has ZERO title defenses. In UFC Tim Sylvia > Werdum at this point. Let's see how long he keeps it, and backing out of fights like Stipe to keep it doesn't count.

How can it even be a Legit question he has ZERO title defenses. In UFC Tim Sylvia > Werdum at this point. Let's see how long he keeps it, and backing out of fights like Stipe to keep it doesn't count.
Sylvia doesnt get the respect he deserves for sure

he beat fedor and cain, what else does he need to do ??
How many times does it have to be explained how Werdum's early career was n't anything special and he lost to Nog the first time. Nog's career is still superior.

To play devils advocate Werdum said he wouldn't retire now because he's now making all the money. So I'm sure that played a factor.
But ya, I have Fedor at 1 with Werdum at 2, and there is a decent argument that Werdum is 1 I just don't think he is yet.

I don't understand what the first part of your post has to do with anything, so please let me know.

The second part I don't agree with. If there was a decent argument for him, than the very basic criteria would be met and it has not. Mind you, I love Werdum.

"Best" as in best fighter? No. He has too many losses for that. "Greatest" as in resume? No. I've got him 3rd behind Fedor and nog.

I don't understand what the first part of your post has to do with anything, so please let me know.

The second part I don't agree with. If there was a decent argument for him, than the very basic criteria would be met and it has not. Mind you, I love Werdum.
I meant that under the UFC's new pay structure it pays to be champion and not a contender. Fighting Stipe on short notice is extremely risky. Sure it could be a quick payday and Werdum could have very easily won. However it was extremely risky. Especially when you spent your whole camp preparing for someone completely different. I was getting to the fact that in the long run pulling out would be a safer bet and could potentially pay off instead of fighting a threat on short notice and risking that pay day.
I stated Werdum wouldn't retire now because he's now making money which is what he's stated. So he's probably letting that guide him for future fights and not being as risky.

Back