Do you consider Werdum the best heavy of all times??

synyster

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I am a massive Werdum fan he is easily my fav heavy on the UFC roster.. But I have a hard time buying into him being the best ever just yet.. Dont get me wrong I see the argument I just think its early, the fickleness off the MMA community can not be underestimated.
every single UFC heavy weight champ there has been since Couture many people have called them the best ever, now none of them are in that conversation anymore....Couture's wrestling was great lots of people thought he could grind out just about any fighter on the planet, and maybe at the time that was true.. Lesnar to huge to athletic, started late, best ever who knows how good he could of been....Cains cardio is untouchable he is the best heavy of all time... JDS has the best hands ever in MMA heavyweight history would tots kill prime cro cop... Nvm Cain is still the best... Werdum subed nog and fedor and he is a k-1 level striker with ADCC elite level grappling...
If Werdum looses his next fight will he still be the best ever??? I doubt people will think so. I think A lot of UFC fans need to feel like they are witnessing the best ever, or just in general buy into the fact that UFC fighters are of another caliber when really that's not entirely the case.

And yes obviously I am a Fedor fan so I am sure this will be viewed as biased..

Respect to all the men mentioned, all of them have been fun to watch/had memorable careers.

Flame on sherbro's

Obligatory Karate hottie pic
1.jpg

I consider Fedor the best HW of all time. But there is an argument to made for Werdum..

The Karate woman has outgrown her panties.

If Werdum beats all the contenders lined up to fight him next, then yes, he would be in the talks of best ever.

It's hard to say at HW who really is the best ever.

Cain? well, he lost to werDooM
Fedor? Maybe... until he lost 3 in a row.
Werdum? Yeah, he subbed fedor/Nog/Cain, but he did lose to Reem after Fedor win
who else to consider?

Based on streak at their prime, I'd still say Fedor

He wasn't invincible for a long time like Fedor. Which IMO is a prime criteria for being a GOAT. Also has Zero title defense. Which makes it hard to consider him as HW GOAT over Fedor.

Not even close.

Werdum is a placeholder.

Let me start by saying I am a massive Werdum fan he is easily my fav heavy on the UFC roster.. But I have a hard time buying into him being the best ever just yet.. Dont get me wrong I see the argument I just think its early, the fickleness off the MMA community can not be underestimated.
every single UFC heavy weight champ there has been since Couture many people have called them the best ever, now none of them are in that conversation anymore....Couture's wrestling was great lots of people thought he could grind out just about any fighter on the planet, and maybe at the time that was true.. Lesnar to huge to athletic, started late, best ever who knows how good he could of been....Cains cardio is untouchable he is the best heavy of all time... JDS has the best hands ever in MMA heavyweight history would tots kill prime cro cop... Nvm Cain is still the best... Werdum subed nog and fedor and he is a k-1 level striker with ADCC elite level grappling...
If Werdum looses his next fight will he still be the best ever??? I doubt people will think so. I think A lot of UFC fans need to feel like they are witnessing the best ever, or just in general buy into the fact that UFC fighters are of another caliber when really that's not entirely the case.

And yes obviously I am a Fedor fan so I am sure this will be viewed as biased..

Respect to all the men mentioned, all of them have been fun to watch/had memorable careers.

Flame on sherbro's

Obligatory Karate hottie pic
1.jpg

So far I'd go Fedor. Werdum, Nog, Timmy, Arlovski, Randy, etc are all in the conversation but Werdum's the only one close to Fedor imo. If he defends his title a couple more times I'd probably say he's the best. He's faced better competition than Fedor so we can excuse some of the losses.

Jones has never lost by decision, TKO or submission and he's been fighting at the highest level since the age of 22, it is that clear cut.
he is right in the mix... I'll save my judgement for when his career is said and done, a lot can happen in a short amount of time and he doesnt seem to have his head on straight... regardless this has nothing to do with Jon.

Jones has never lost by decision, TKO or submission and he's been fighting at the highest level since the age of 22, it is that clear cut.

Yeah I hate Jones and root for him to get KO'ed every fight but the dude is the Goat. He's passed Fedor, GSP, and Anderson at this point. He's the best to ever do it. Demetrious Johnson's up there too but people don't care about him lol.

Yeah I hate Jones and root for him to get KO'ed every fight but the dude is the Goat. He's passed Fedor, GSP, and Anderson at this point. He's the best to ever do it. Demetrious Johnson's up there too but people don't care about him lol.
Thats your opinion and no one can tell you your wrong, but the polls still say otherwise.. Again this has nothing to do with Jon and I have zero problem with you or anyone els considering him the P4P GOAT as that mythological hypothetical means very little and will always be subjective.... If we go by what P4P really means its DJ hands down

When you hide in a lower weight division for being afraid of facing people of your own size, Then you are not GOAT.

Even though Werdum beat Fedor, I would still have to say Fedor, He was a top HW for almost a decade straight.

Back