Do you consider TJ vs Cejudo a superfight?

awymore

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Of all the possible scenarios, I consider this the least super thing the UFC could do.

DJ v TJ at 135 would have been the superest

DJ v TJ at 125 would have been superer

Cejudo v TJ at 135 would have been superish

And then Cejudo v TJ at 125 just doesn't really make any sense at all. Feels more like the ultimate weight watchers than ultimate fighting. How can you say two people who could easily fight at a higher weight class instead starving themselves to fight at a lower weight class is super anything?

The prerequisite for a "superfight" should be the fighters weigh more than a 13 year old girl.

Champs crossing weight divisions to fight for a belt is technically a superfight.

The general census is that neither fighter is viewed as "GOAT" material and therefore diminishes the label of superfight.

Nope, belts mean Nothing.

Its a great matchup though, should be good.

Yeah for sure. Would have rather seen DJ/TJ but Cejudo earned it I guess. Too bad DJ just couldn't get the fan following. Guy probably is the P4P Goat. Wish him the best in Asia. More guys his size over there anyways LOL.

Of all the possible scenarios, I consider this the least super thing the UFC could do.

DJ v TJ at 135 would have been the superest

DJ v TJ at 125 would have been superer

Cejudo v TJ at 135 would have been superish

And then Cejudo v TJ at 125 just doesn't really make any sense at all. Feels more like the ultimate weight watchers than ultimate fighting. How can you say two people who could easily fight at a higher weight class instead starving themselves to fight at a lower weight class is super anything?
Agreed to the breakdown

DJ would have been better, but I'm enjoying ESPN+ so far :D

Not really. I would have liked to have seen both defend their belts for awhile, actually let this fight be a 'super'fight

DJ would get fucked by TJ.
Cejudo can actually mitigate the size disadvantage with his wrestling acumen. This is the best low weight class fight in the history of the sport.
Definitely a superfight.

TJ is a great fighter, Cejudo beat MM so it works for me.

A superfight is 2 much accomplished fighters fighting each other. Tj is a super fight fighter but Cejudo not.

UFC can hype this all it wants but it's still two junior high boys throwing down. I don't think I even know a man who is 5'4".

Agreed to the breakdown

DJ would have been better, but I'm enjoying ESPN+ so far :D
Is the green emoji signifying sarcasm because I'm literally in the middle of signing up for ESPN+ right now?

DJ would get fucked by TJ.
Cejudo can actually mitigate the size disadvantage with his wrestling acumen. This is the best low weight class fight in the history of the sport.
Definitely a superfight.
You're looking at it from a different perspective than I was, and that definitely makes sense. I was thinking more the star power marketability essence of a super fight, but this may very well end up being the most competitive of those scenarios listed.

Is the green emoji signifying sarcasm because I'm literally in the middle of signing up for ESPN+ right now?
I've been enjoying the "unleashed" content the most, but it also gives you access to exclusive articles about your favorite sports etc

I've been enjoying the "unleashed" content the most, but it also gives you access to exclusive articles about your favorite sports etc
Right on, thanks. Just finished signing up. Had a good chuckle looking at the UFC section and seeing they had a whole section for Cyborg but not Nunes. I wonder who they thought was going to win that fight.

Back