Do You Consider Tim Sylvia a Five Time Champion?

Yeah I still wonder about that. I assume it's gone out of style. Perhaps for the best, because the night Tim won his first UFC belt he "had a sexual experience" with a girl that requested he take it off. He said something along the lines of, "No I've worked my entire life for this, and if you don't like it you can leave." Always cracks me up.

Not to derail the thread, but when did giving a new belt for each victory go out of fashion? Any ideas?
I believe that is still the case. I don't understand why the UFC does that but I guess it is just a part of MMA culture.

No, you get a new belt with each successful defense but a successful defense doesn't make you a new champion.

Yes I do.

It also showcases the UFC's HW division to the Pride HW division.

I hate to admit it, but it is what it is.
Im not delusional like iseestiffness is.
It sucks BALLs because i couldnt stand his style. Normally id dont say that, but it is what it is.

I dunno about you, but, Timmy's fighting style is vastly under appreciated. At least until he won the title back vs Arlovski.

But up until that, a vast majority of his fights ended with his opponent being finished. He went out and put people to sleep.

I never understood why being a "____× champ" was a cool bragging point. If you were a 5 time champ, then that also means you got your ass kicked at least 4 times.

The problem really is when people start to hype someone like Randy having many separate reigns as champ as a positive, why does losing almost every title defence make your career more impressive?

People refused to give Tim Sylvia credit because his body looked like total shit.

True.
I know it's just a way to sell yourself and make your reign look good..but it can also be pretty misleading.
Unless you're like Cruz who never technically lost his belt to anyone. Or like GSP if he ever comes back. I guess the same applies to Interim championships as well.

Nah there's only one 5 time champion and that's Booker T.

Damn, I posted about Book, too, but you beat me to it, lol. At least somebody else knows what's up, though! I can dig that, but I ain't no sucka, that's for sure.

He won 5 title fights, which is the UFC HW record. Cain only has 4 title wins.
Incorrect, Randy Couture has 6 HW title fight Victories. Claiming 3 titles with victories over Maurice Smith, Kevin Randleman, and Tim Sylvia. Defenses against Pedro Rizzo twice, and Gabriel Gonzaga.

If Tim Sylvia looked like Sage Northcutt then his achievement of 5 time UFC champion would be acknowledged.

But MMA "fans" want their fighters to look like MTV action stars or bodybuilders.

Hello friends,

View attachment 129975

So I've been wondering this for some time. Is Time Sylvia a five time UFC heavyweight champion? To his credit he did win five UFC title matches. But we would think it either a joke or just rather quaint if Anderson Silva had ever boasted that he was an 11 time UFC Champion. In contrast, Sylvia frequently markets himself as a "five-time UFC heavyweight champion." If you watch the trailer for his current show, Hit Squad Outdoors, the very first image you will see will be this one:View attachment 129995 Even after three years I'm a little green to the rules here. But in an interview fiveouncesofpain.com Big Tim says, "I give off a persona of being a badass. I think it’s because I’m a five-time UFC champ... I thought to myself: How can he be a five time champion?" Ironically in the same interview he calls Randy Couture a "three time champion." So what are your opinions Sherbros?

Does anyone else find it odd that Sylvia is the only former champion to do this? Are there others? Oh and by the way, his favorite pizza topping is pepperoni.​
He's the former champion with four defenses, not 5 time champion

So does he have more UFC HW championships than anyone else?

Tim Sylvia UFC HW GOAT.

Back