Do you Consider Social Media a Weapon?

I’m the opposite. I believe it should not be regulated at all. Get rid of the so called “fact checkers.” I believe in free speech. How can speech be free if it is suppressed?

You believe in absolute free speech where slander and incitement are allowed? really?

sure, amongst many other things. it's never less things. it's always more things.

I think what the right wants is to stop being censored by Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg because they have a view of the world that differs.

Well too bad for them the constitution still exists and Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg have their own rights that cant be legally violated by government. Too bad for them advertisers hold more sway than they do.

The hard right is being collectively banished by consumers and corporations and there ain't a single fucking thing they can do about lel. Simply put they can't force others to accept their speech who do not want to see it, hear it, or be associated with it in any way.

Well too bad for them the constitution still exists and Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg have their own rights that cant be legally violated by government. Too bad for them advertisers hold more sway than they do.

The hard right is being collectively banished by consumers and corporations and there ain't a single fucking thing they can do about lel.

You seem very invested.

All its going to take is for the fed to put the FCC in charge of oversight.

You seem very invested.

All its going to take is for the fed to put the FCC in charge of oversight.

Been invested FB for years. Great company stock flirting with its all time high. Zuck is killing it.

What exactly will the FCC do that allows for the content that currently gets banned today, to stay up permanently tomorrow? I'm curious to know the steps it takes to get there.

The FCC can't change the opinion of the actual users and advertisers who power these platforms and are demanding the removal of this stuff. It is more a demographic/societal shift being reflected here and it can't be stopped.

Been heavily invested FB for years. Great company stock flirting with its all time high. Zuck is killing it.

What exactly will the FCC do that allows for the content that currently gets banned today, to stay up permanently tomorrow? I'm curious to know the steps it takes to get there.

The FCC can't change the opinion of the actual users and advertisers who power these platforms and are demanding the removal of this stuff. It is more a demographic/societal shift being reflected here and it can't be stopped.

Its not users that need to be regulated, its the companies that want to censor people they don't agree with. It may not be the FCC, that was just an example, but if you think the Fed can't step in and force companies like Twitter and Facebook to make changes you are just wrong.

Leftists love saying "Private company they can do what they want"

No they don’t!
They love exposing, publicizing, tarring, feathering....and getting people fired with social media!
Videos of someone having a bad day, a stray comment, and someone gets fired from their job.

No, social media is gossip gone global. Gossip can be wonderful if you know how to disseminate the truth from it. There will always a certain amount of bullshit in gossip that needs to be weeded it out before you get to the actual information.

That being said, it doesn't mean that whoever is putting out a message on social media shouldn't be prudent in sending the message that will benefit as many people as possible.

Its not users that need to be regulated, its the companies that want to censor people they don't agree with. It may not be the FCC, that was just an example, but if you think the Fed can't step in and force companies like Twitter and Facebook to make changes you are just wrong.

The government does not have power to regulate users, but they are the ones driving all of this.

The coveted target demographic of FB advertisers does not want this content on a platform they use.

That means advertisers do not want their brands associated with this content.

That means Facebook does not want this content on their platform.

It really is that simple.

From FB's perspective in a perfect world they would allow all content, and users and advertisers would be okay with it being there even if they disagreed with it. That was the game social media played for years allowing high engagement hard conservative stuff on their platforms until it all blew up around 2016.

I don't believe the FCC can make any fundamental change that allows for the majority of the TOS violating stuff that gets taken down today to become immune to moderation in the future. Show me the roadmap to get there through regulation and change my opinion.

It's one of the most dangerous weapons ever created. It's brainwashing the young, they're are conforming like never before.

You believe in absolute free speech where slander and incitement are allowed? really?
I think the owner of whatever site should set rules and those rules must be followed, just like here. I do not believe in government intervention on free speech.

I think the owner of whatever site should set rules and those rules must be followed, just like here. I do not believe in government intervention on free speech.

Ok so Twitter could censor Trump if he broke their terms of usage?

Roll Tide
Saban_Heisman2009a1Rcb.jpg

Um, OK. Getting rid of fact checkers would prevent free speech, regardless of who is being fact-checked.

Um, OK. Getting rid of fact checkers would prevent free speech, regardless of who is being fact-checked.
interesting that Biden and his cabinet were never corrected by fact-checkers until now though.
Im sure its coincidential

regardless, fact checkers have no merit to be arbiters of truth

Back