Diogenes of Sinope

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
-It has been used to promote violence
-Instigate nation-wide riots
-tamper with elections
-promote propaganda

It's pretty obvious that social media is a soft WMD at this point.

Hence why it needs regulation

Leftists love saying "Private company they can do what they want"

Not when its a company that focuses around a product that contains that much destructive power

absolutely 100 percent.

the left have perfected it in terms of silencing opposition, canceling/doxxing folks.

it is the modern day equivalent of a "she's a witch!!" accusation. and Social media clips are often cleverly edited to demonize the intended target.

The Covington kid is a perfect example of how this tool has been weaponized.

how many here fell for that thumbnail and short clip?

the left are enemies of free speech and dissenting points of view. they have found their perfect too in social media.

It can be, but regulation? I don’t know about that. A lot of what regulation would do is grant power over language to those in charge.

It certainly can be. It’s being used by the majority of Leftist media outlets as a weapon. Facebook along with other similar sites definitely suppress conservative views, while promoting leftist ideology.

However, most mainstream media is driven by leftist ideology. That’s not surprising. What is surprising, is how many people take what’s said on social media as fact.

Something with that much destructive potential needs regulation.
I really do hear what you’re saying, but it’s hard to stop regulation once it starts. Many times regulation is a snowball In the other direction, not just a brake. The only regulation I would argue for is one where social media somehow begins to infringe on the constitution.

absolutely 100 percent.

the left have perfected it in terms of silencing opposition, canceling/doxxing folks.

it is the modern day equivalent of a "she's a witch!!" accusation. and Social media clips are often cleverly edited to demonize the intended target.

The Covington kid is a perfect example of how this tool has been weaponized.

how many here fell for that thumbnail and short clip?

the left are enemies of free speech and dissenting points of view. they have found their perfect too in social media.

The TS is calling for using the gov't to suppress free speech, and you seem to be agreeing with him.

ABSOLUTELY!

There are too many examples I could name, but I'm NOT trying to derail this thread.

OGC.6e33c176b0bfb4822c82718be3064c97

I really do hear what you’re saying, but it’s hard to stop regulation once it starts. Many times regulation is a snowball In the other direction, not just a brake.
Im pretty sure TikTok was banned in India and there are talks of it being banned in the U.S.
I think social media does more harm than good, when weighing out the pros and cons of regulation

-It has been used to promote violence
-Instigate nation-wide riots
-tamper with elections
-promote propaganda

It's pretty obvious that social media is a soft WMD at this point.

Hence why it needs regulation

Leftists love saying "Private company they can do what they want"

Not when its a company that focuses around a product that contains that much destructive power
I’m the opposite. I believe it should not be regulated at all. Get rid of the so called “fact checkers.” I believe in free speech. How can speech be free if it is suppressed?

I’m the opposite. I believe it should not be regulated at all. Get rid of the so called “fact checkers.” I believe in free speech. How can speech be free if it is suppressed?
Social Media is regulated by the company's standards, which they doubt have to honor and can choose favorites. Companies are also profit-motivated so they can skewer their free speech policy due to corruption.

Government Regulation would set universal guidelines that are aligned with our natural rights

Social media is a cancerous tumor on society. Most of the smart men and women who have studied it all say the same thing, delete it, and run as fast as you can.

Yes.

Social media has massive influential power. The left has been and continues to weaponize it

i'm against that as well. I'm against all modes of silencing voices. (very few exceptions withstanding)

But what about the idea that social media is a weapon that needs to be regulated by the gov't? That seems to be a clear mode of silencing voices.

Back