Do you consider Rousey a true champ?

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Jose Aldo had the greatest winning streak of recent times, lost it in possibly worst fashion than Ronda, considered top 5 GOAT. Loses in 13 seconds, man enough to have an interview after. Tries to fight Conor again in March but Andre tells him no. Beats up Frankie Edgar after Frankie destroyed Oliveira, dominated Faber, stopped Swansons 7 fight win streak, and knocked out Chad Mendes. Calls out the man who beat him, begs Dana White to let him move up to LW and fight the guy everyone is ducking..Khabib.

Conor Mcgregor has his hype train stopped by Nate Diaz on 11 days notice, everyone clowns him, people say that Nates going to beat him even worse if they fought again. Begs for the rematch, edges it out....and finished the year with the LW belt over a game Eddie Alvarez

Anderson Silva got knocked out and asked for a rematch 5 months later. Got a horrific leg injury and returns in 12 months to fight one of MMA's finest..Nick Diaz.

After years of ups and downs...Bisping finally beats Silva, avenges his loss to a prime Rockhold, and beats Dan Henderson...oh and he's the MW champ.

I love Ronda, but it seems like while she was a champ...she only has a champions mentality when everything is going great. We saw how Cruz reacted after losing, showing poise and control. But when things go bad....she takes her ball and goes home.

I think her attitude about fighting, winning, and losing is significantly going to tarnish her legacy. Couldn't even congratulate or shake Amanda's hang after getting severely outclassed. Greater fighters have fallen and have bounced back. She's a sore winner and a sore loser. I love Ronda but damn is she a cry baby.

You Fucking having a Laugh??? of course she was you Muppet

I think at her peak she was a glorious champion. Fan for life.
I can admit that her performance last night did not look like champion type stuff

Come on. I never liked Ronda , loved rooting against her and was so happy after both defeats but yes she was a true champion

Um yes, she won the world championship from Tate in SF then defended it multiple times for years with several impressive, -60 second victories. She was as much of a champion as anyone else.

Um yes, she won the world championship from Tate in SF then defended it multiple times for years with several impressive, -60 second victories. She was as much of a champion as anyone else.

I'm not talking about her championship. I'm talking about her championship mentality and resolve. When placed against the heat...she runs away. Other champions dust themselves off and try to prove themselves once again.

No one cares if Ronda is champ or isn't champ. We just want people to be themselves. There's nothing wrong with being a top 15 woman fighter but represent yourself as what you are, not what you aren't

People just want honesty and the UFC to stop swindling little girls

Of course she was a real champ, but she hasn't shown the ability to dust herself off and comeback stronger. They are actually different phenomena.

She had no control over the quality of her opponents. Of course she is a true champ. Even the best fighter will get beat eventually.

I consider myself more of a champion then Rawanda Lousy.

Her reign over kempo yellow belts and accountants was the stuff of legend.

yes of course she destroyed everyone that was put in front of her. She was the best during her prime.

Seven defenses of the Strikeforce-UFC belt makes Ronda a true champion in my book.

Let's not forget who owns the record for most broken arms in WMMA. She was a champ no doubt. However, she hasn't had to evolve and she needs a new camp or to retire. I believe she has the drive in her still but financially, does she really need to do it? Money and comfort change people's desires. If she comes back it will be to show people she is better than they are giving her credit for now. She doesn't need the $$$ anymore.

Back