Do you consider Phelps the GOAT Olympian?

Is Phelps the Olympic GOAT

• Total voters
Watching Mick lay a path of destruction is really something to behold.

Really happy to see Mick put himself together and muster up a comeback doing what he does best.

Because the last couple times Mick walked into a thread...

UkVmM.gif

How he left the thread...

anigif_enhanced-26804-1403728277-12.gif

Just wanted to make sure that guy was making a horrible comparison.

Are you stupid? Phelps took a dump on Efimova and claimed to be "pissed off" by "people who are testing positive and are allowed back in the sport, and multiple times". How the fuck is it a terrible comparision? Gatlin has served two doping suspensions and was allowed back in the sport. It's a perfect comparision, ffs. What's the difference between Gatlin and Efimova? Phelps is a sanctimonious hypocrite.

I know he says this is his last games but I think when towards the end of 2018 he's going to get that itch thinking about being he firs Olympian ever to medal in 5 separate games.

Off topic a little but I believe some British rowers medaled in 5 straight Olympics

Are you stupid? Phelps took a dump on Efimova and claimed to be "pissed off" by "people who are testing positive and are allowed back in the sport, and multiple times". How the fuck is it a terrible comparision? Gatlin has served two doping suspensions and was allowed back in the sport. It's a perfect comparision, ffs. What's the difference between Gatlin and Efimova? Phelps is a sanctimonious hypocrite.

Umm did that chick serve a 5 year suspension before being let back in?

When was the last time Gatlin failed a test?

In January 2014, it was announced that Yefimova had failed an out of competition drug test in October 2013.[2] Her positive test was for DHEA, anendogenous steroid hormone banned in professional sports.[7] On May 13, 2014, she was disqualified for 16 months, from October 31, 2013, until February 28, 2015.[8] She was also stripped of her results and medals at the 2013 European Short Course Championships. Her world short-course records (50 metres and 200 metres breaststroke set in November/December 2013) were also invalidated.[2][9][10]

Yefimova also tested positive for meldonium in March 2016. She was provisionally banned by theInternational Swimming Federation (FINA).[11] This suspension was later put on hold while the World Anti-Doping Agency investigates the drug.[12]

He's great, but overrated. He's the greatest in a sport where you get 10 chances to medal every time. Let alone being in a sport that much fewer compete in to begin with. I'm sure Jordan, Federer, Ali, etc couldve medaled 50x if given that many opportunities.

The rowing pair were the same two people the whole time, I wouldn't really equate it with a team sport.

I've never compared team events to individual events.

Not trying to water down what the rowers did.

He's great, but overrated. He's the greatest in a sport where you get 10 chances to medal every time. Let alone being in a sport that much fewer compete in to begin with. I'm sure Jordan, Federer, Ali, etc couldve medaled 50x if given that many opportunities.

He has 4 golds in the individual IM....

Swimming offers several events, with small variations for a large overall medal count and some other events don't.

Other athletes have shown dominance in their respective sport for a comparable length of time. Also, some people prize winning events with multiple stages, like a decathlon, very highly; not me personally, but I get it.

Phelps has won the most gold, so yeah, he wins the Olympics. It does seem like there's some room for different perspectives though.

And there it is. You agree.

Well he does have an advantage being able to compete in so many events. Having said that, he still won the gold in most of them. Whether he is or isn't I can't think of anyone I would put above him.

LMAO mick absolutely destroyed bermi(not a very difficult task tbh tho lol!!)

It's hard so say because the best swimmer in the world has a lot more chances for medals than say the greatest sprinter in the world so by medals alone it's unfair to compare. Greatest swimmer ever: easy yes

Lisa Leslie never lost a game in the Olympics, winning 4 straight golds.

Back