Do you consider Matt Hughes a top ten WW of all time?

Do you consider Matt Hughes a top ten WW of all time?

• Total voters
Ok guys, I too laughed and called TS a retard when I first read this post. But hear me out.....

I think TS doesn't understand that there is a difference between actual skill, and accomplishments.

Matt Hughes is the second most dominant WW of all time and one of the most dominant fighters EVER in the early days of the sport. You HAVE to put him in the top 3 at WW

But as accomplished as he is.....he wasnt that good when you compare him to guys today. If he was in his prime he probably wouldnt crack the top 10 I'm today's WW. I think this is what TS means but failed to communicate properly.
Yes.

The 2 people that voted 'no' should be shamed and given double yellows imho.

Lol @ anyone who thinks Hughes could beat prime Tyron Woodley.

lmao he would be ww goat if it wasnt for Gsp. Jesus christ , idiots ....

I don’t care for his beliefs and actions outside the cage, but in terms of history of the sport, his place is cemented. I hope his health and well-being continue to improve.

The top ten ww’s of all time mean the top ten BEST. Not the top ten most famous for something like defending the belt in the early 2000’s.

The 2 votes for no is TS and his troll account.

I remember when Ngannou would beat prime Fedor (pre Miocic fighf oc)

Right lol

I mean regardless, of course these newer guys would have a chance to beat the old legends because they have much better training these days, so they are more well rounded and they cut more weight so they are bigger. When deciding who is an ATG you go by career and not who would potentially beat who in a fight.

( I know you aren't arguing this point, I'm just venting lol )

Dumbest thread of all time...

giphy.gif

We can only compare him to who he fought and he did very well against the competition available to him. These threads are like saying Jesse Owens sucks because Usain Bolt is faster. It's stupid.

I vote no.

He was the UFC champ in a green era of MMA. Sure, he was a legit NCAA wrestler and had black-belt level jiu-jitsu. But his striking was lousy. I don’t think he should be in the top 10 list of welterweights.

I think the following guys can beat Hughes.

1. GSP
2. Tyron Woodley
3. Johny Hendricks
4. Ben Askren (Better wrestling credentials.)
5. Josh Koscheck
6. Thiago Alves
7. BJ Penn
8. Demian Maia (Bad style match-up for Hughes.)
9. Carlos Condit (Maybe.)
10. Rory MacDonald (Maybe.)
11. Rick Story (Maybe.)
12. Darren Till (Maybe.)
13. Stephen Thompson (Maybe.)
14. Robbie Lawler (Maybe.)
15. Kamaru Usman (Maybe.)

Also, I think Jon Fitch, Jake Shields, Nick Diaz, and Rousimar Palhares would be very competitive fights for him.

Well, I’ve got 8 people that I think for sure would beat Hughes, and 11 that might be able to get the job done.

170 pound division has improved significantly since 2006, and I think numerous fighters could beat him.

What do you think?
And I think you are a dumbass.
... so much for what we think, isn't it?

Fact is: Hughes is the #2 WW fighter in the world, only behind GSP.,.. a guy he beat once and lost twice (at the tail end of his career)..

the dude had a record of 41-4 before he lost to GSP. Only a dumbass hater would try to claim he is not a top 10 all time in his division.

This is like comparing Chuck Liddell to Jon Jones. Different era and the new guys have had the advantage of watching the evolution of mma. Hughes, whether you like him or not is a pioneer and legend of the sport.

???????? wut are u doing here.

He's not only a top 10 WW of all time, but he's a top 10 of all time period.

Also, ban TS.

I vote no.

He was the UFC champ in a green era of MMA. Sure, he was a legit NCAA wrestler and had black-belt level jiu-jitsu. But his striking was lousy. I don’t think he should be in the top 10 list of welterweights.

I think the following guys can beat Hughes.

1. GSP
2. Tyron Woodley
3. Johny Hendricks
4. Ben Askren (Better wrestling credentials.)
5. Josh Koscheck
6. Thiago Alves
7. BJ Penn
8. Demian Maia (Bad style match-up for Hughes.)
9. Carlos Condit (Maybe.)
10. Rory MacDonald (Maybe.)
11. Rick Story (Maybe.)
12. Darren Till (Maybe.)
13. Stephen Thompson (Maybe.)
14. Robbie Lawler (Maybe.)
15. Kamaru Usman (Maybe.)

Also, I think Jon Fitch, Jake Shields, Nick Diaz, and Rousimar Palhares would be very competitive fights for him.

Well, I’ve got 8 people that I think for sure would beat Hughes, and 11 that might be able to get the job done.

170 pound division has improved significantly since 2006, and I think numerous fighters could beat him.

What do you think?
24D1A1C1-AC9F-431A-8D44-1C71FA5DA65C.gif
GSP
HUGUES

WOODLEY

Whatevs elsys
90CB6B5E-2897-45D4-8442-9C220FC78D5C.gif

Last edited:
ClutteredGlisteningAmericanblackvulture-size_restricted.gif

This is an awful thread.

Back