Do you consider Joe Rogan to be one of the most knowledgable MMA experts in the world?

Of course he is. All of his fringe claims aren’t maybe right but generally he’s very knowledgeable and has great access.

Joe is not very knowledgeable/talented at anything really, but he's remarkably successful.

His comedy was pretty mediocre, but he did a great job of paying the bills with his standup and tv gigs.

His MMA knowledge is pretty abysmal, considering the time/exposure he's had, but he's made a great living off of screaming "Oh!!!" and other nonsense to us at home.

His podcast insights are basically the equivalent of a teenager's miseducated ramblings, and yet he's over on Spotify making hundreds of millions.
The Curious Case Of Joe Rogan

The man routinely consumes kimchi, kombucha tea, and mushroom supplements. I can only assume that his breath and overall smell is utterly putrid.

"It's the Machida era"

(Machida goes on to lose to Shogun and be trapped in mediocrity ever there after)

Of course he is. All of his fringe claims aren’t maybe right but generally he’s very knowledgeable and has great access.

There is no nuance to his analysis. And he's a moron, which I can qualify by pointing to his two best friends who are complete morons - Shaub and Bravo

He is full of crap.
He doesn't believe in the most crap he tries to sell.
Nobody knows if Joe Rogan knows anything. He always plays a character.

As an analyst, no. He’s definitely an expert in the sport though. Has a crazy amount of knowledge about fighters and history of the ufc

He's not the best but he's not as bad as he's made out to be on here.

Nope, he's not better than the average Sherdogger. <mma3>

Joe makes mistakes, but he is pretty knowledgeable about MMA. I remember when Eddie Bravo used to give a breakdown of his scoring in between rounds, and Joe used to use all the 10th Planet lingo ("Ok, he's in Crackhead Control, Mission Control now," etc.). He knows TKD and some Karate and Muay Thai. He is knowledgeable in JJ. While I hate to call him an "expert," I kind of think he might be, even if one on the lower rungs. Not completely sure, though.

That depends. Is he familiar with who Falaniko Vitale was?

He went from the Fear Factor guy to a right wing cuck.

XIEa.gif

Yes. He is an expert analyst who knows the sport in and out.

Most of sherdog are brain dead casual fans who havent got the first clue about MMA as a sport, so i wouldnt listen to what they say

He's seen more MMA than 99% of the world from 10 feet away, is a legit BJJ practitioner and has legit striking skills as well. He's also had some hilarious takes that turned out to be wrong, the difference between us and him is his are all public to millions while nobody here remembers what a sherdogger has posted 5 years ago. Whatever that makes him, that's what he is.

He's seen more MMA than 99% of the world from 10 feet away, is a legit BJJ practitioner and has legit striking skills as well. He's also had some hilarious takes that turned out to be wrong, the difference between us and him is his are all public to millions while nobody here remembers what a sherdogger has posted 5 years ago. Whatever that makes him, that's what he is.
Dude, his hot takes are to create publicity for UFC as brand, nothing more. He knows more than 100% of the low IQ moron casuals who infest this forum.

Dude, his hot takes are to create publicity for UFC as brand, nothing more. He knows more than 100% of the low IQ moron casuals who infest this forum.

while that may be true, at least some of them are his legit takes.

I'd certainly consider him an expert. Not an expert like I'd consider a high level coach that's also competed at high levels of MMA, but certainly as close as you can get to that.

edit: also, I bet most of those experts above him also could not articulate as well as him. People like Dom, DC, Bisping, etc are a rarity for sure

Back