Do you consider Hector Lombard elite?

Sickplicity

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hector Lombard is currently 32-3-1-1 in MMA.

- He's never been stopped before.
- He was riding a 19 fight win streak up until his controversial loss to Tim Boestch.
- He decimated Rousimar Palhares in his 2nd fight, though Palhares has shown questionable MMA IQ. This was the first time Palhares was unquestionably KO'd. The Marquardt victory was controversial & Alan Belcher shut down all of Palhares' submission attempts which in my eyes I believe Belcher shut down Palhares mentally and Palhares just gave up. Hector just finished up the hype-train that was Palhares brutally.
- Out of the 19 fight win streak only 4 fights went to a decision & everything else ended in finishes.
- Hector Lombard is the former Bellator Middleweight Champion.
- His only other losses other than Boestch were against Gegard Mousasi, a highly regarded LHW & Akihiro Gono. Both losses were at the early stages of his career.

Do you think he'll go far in the UFC?!

Yes. I believe he was injured during the Boetsch fight, and I don't see how most guys beat him when he is healthy.

You should also mention he has a blackbelt in BJJ and is a Judo Olympian

He's one of those fighters who looks like they are elite but they just don't have those top wins to really confirm he is elite. I think he is a top 10 MW and would love to see how he does against the rest of the top 10. I think he is proabbly elite, but until he shuts down some top 10 guys then it's hard to say he truly is.

Gegard is a MW. They fought at MW, and now he's an undersized LHW.

No, I think you have to beat someone elite to be elite.

Gegard is 220 pounds, that's hardly undersized. He was skinny as crap at MW.

And yeah, Hector is elite.

Ive seen videos where Gegard is talking about moving to Heavyweight..

I think he's more of top 10 guy than Stann, even though Stann has the better wins.

Yea, I consider anyone who actively fights in the UFC to be an elite MMA fighter.

Sorta, but he isn't going to get in the title picture at all.

Most will disagree but I think he beats anyone in the division other than Anderson Silva

What's up with Palhares? Sherdoggers were touting him as the man to beat Anderson Silva a couple of fights back yet now he's not even a good win anymore?

Hector Lombard is currently 32-3-1-1 in MMA.

- He's never been stopped before.
- He was riding a 19 fight win streak up until his controversial loss to Tim Boestch.
- He decimated Rousimar Palhares in his 2nd fight, though Palhares has shown questionable MMA IQ. This was the first time Palhares was unquestionably KO'd. The Marquardt victory was controversial & Alan Belcher shut down all of Palhares' submission attempts which in my eyes I believe Belcher shut down Palhares mentally and Palhares just gave up. Hector just finished up the hype-train that was Palhares brutally.
- Out of the 19 fight win streak only 4 fights went to a decision & everything else ended in finishes.
- Hector Lombard is the former Bellator Middleweight Champion.
- His only other losses other than Boestch were against Gegard Mousasi, a highly regarded LHW & Akihiro Gono. Both losses were at the early stages of his career.

Do you think he'll go far in the UFC?!

How much can this guy preacher curl?

I don't consider him elite yet if we're talking about resume. His skillset may be elite, though.

very talented, and i could see him beating guys like bisping or stann who are top 10

Back