Do you consider Deontay Wilder letting his rematch clause expire a duck?

Yep. Wilder has been mismanaged since day dot. I really think they thought Fury would be a soft touch when Wilder fought him the first time. Wilder had until that point taken as many easy fights as he could manage and I'm convinced they thought Fury was an easy mark, especially since he had looked like shit in his come back after he'd ballooned up in weight, admitted serious drug and alcohol issues and mental illness. They failed massively because Tyson proved that he is a fighter that performs to the level of their opponent. And in the second fight Tyson proved he was dominant. Wilder has no answer for him. A third fight with Fury would be even worse for Wilder.

Wilder should make as much noise as possible for an AJ fight. He has that KO power and AJ has shown to be vulnerable. Wilder could gain 3 titles in one night. It's a shame he never seemed to have wanted that fight in the past and instead went the easy route of fighting a fucked up Fury. And look at how that back-fired. Poor management.
They thought that fury was an easy way to build up a bigger share of an AJ split and get more our of DAZN and matchroom.

He should have took the AJ fights could be undisputed right now instead he lost his only real bargaining chip.

Before people say about canelo just because he has a messy deal with GBP as the middle man and they can’t agree the fights it doesn’t mean Wilder wouldn’t have been paid.

DAZN have plenty to spend on new tv rights and keep paying Hearn his $1bio

Before people say about canelo just because he has a messy deal with GBP as the middle man and they can’t agree the fights it doesn’t mean Wilder wouldn’t have been paid.

DAZN have plenty to spend on new tv rights and keep paying Hearn his $1bio

DaZN aren't as illogical as certain fight fans, if they are looking to renege on their cash cow Canelo, that would spell trouble for other big name boxers. Canelo is younger, on a longer term deal and a bigger draw than Wilder, if they could priortise 1 guy on their roster to look after well it should be Canelo. That they can't speaks volumes to people who aren't deaf

DaZN aren't as illogical as certain fight fans, if they are looking to renege on their cash cow Canelo, that would spell trouble for other big name boxers. Canelo is younger, on a longer term deal and a bigger draw than Wilder, if they could priortise 1 guy on their roster to look after well it should be Canelo. That they can't speaks volumes to people who aren't deaf
Exactly

Arbitrary top 10s where you criticize all of one fighter's top ten but ignore the glaring holes in everybody else's.
He must of been so afraid of people that he planted drugs in Povetkin to stop the fight from happening. Its Wilder's fault that Povetkin takes drugs and got the fight canceled.q
He also was so terrified to fight Fury he signed up 2 fight him 2 more times.
Yet he let his contract rematch clause expire

Canelo contract is lot longer than the effective 2 fight deal they offered wilder. Also canelo contract situation is complicated by different terms each have with GBP.

Saying wilder wouldn’t have got paid for his fights with AJ because canelo and DAZN can’t agree on opponents doesn’t make sense.

People are using canelo to justify why wilder was right not to fight AJ and fight fury instead....still. In hindsight it was a business mistake but more so a sporting one!

Yet he let his contract rematch clause expire
Yeah at least he has a reason like a real injury/surgery.
Not like Fury where he was so terrified to rematch Wlad that he hid for over a year and needed dugs,alcohol, and food to cope.
But I forgot you're new to the sport so you don't know. Keep jumping from topic to topic after you keep getting embarrassed.

Canelo contract is lot longer than the effective 2 fight deal they offered wilder. Also canelo contract situation is complicated by different terms each have with GBP.

Saying wilder wouldn’t have got paid for his fights with AJ because canelo and DAZN can’t agree on opponents doesn’t make sense.

People are using canelo to justify why wilder was right not to fight AJ and fight fury instead....still. In hindsight it was a business mistake but more so a sporting one!
Please keep telling us more about a contract or deal you have never seen or negotiations you were not a part of..
Wilder's team said the deal wasn't the straight forward $ offer Hearn tried to pass off through the media. Said there was more to it that they weren't going to concede to. Then magically we find their bigger star and golden child in that same type of situation with a contract nobody is clear of and that the fighter is disputing....yeah im sure those things are related at all...lmao

Yeah at least he has a reason like a real injury/surgery.
Not like Fury where he was so terrified to rematch Wlad that he hid for over a year and needed dugs,alcohol, and food to cope.
But I forgot you're new to the sport so you don't know. Keep jumping from topic to topic after you keep getting embarrassed.
Wilder got beat

deal with it

Wilder got beat

deal with it
Go deal with your homework... troll elsewhere. You offer nothing of merit or value to any conversation. Just weak trolling with a substantial lack of boxing knowledge. Sorry that Wilder hate has you flustered.

Please keep telling us more about a contract or deal you have never seen or negotiations you were not a part of..
Wilder's team said the deal wasn't the straight forward $ offer Hearn tried to pass off through the media. Said there was more to it that they weren't going to concede to. Then magically we find their bigger star and golden child in that same type of situation with a contract nobody is clear of and that the fighter is disputing....yeah im sure those things are related at all...lmao
Read the lawsuits

OH yeah wilder is so much better off now no title and no shot at one in sight. Not to mention a legacy that shows he was beaten soon as he stepped up in class.

Knowing what you do now you don’t think he would have had a better chance of beating AJ than Fury over two fights?

Last edited:
Read the lawsuits

OH yeah wilder is so much better off now no title and no shot at one in sight. Not to mention a legacy that shows he was beaten soon as he stepped up in class.

Knowing what you do no you don’t think he would have had a better chance of beating AJ than Fury over two fights?
-No guarantee he keeps the title if he fought AJ or if it would of yielded 3 giant fights.
- At the time Fury wasn't the overweight basket case lame duck you guys made him out to be. He already started his healthy transformation back. So at the time Fury didn't seem as elite and untouchable as he does post 2nd fight. Also you were the main one crying Fury was the easier figjt and that's why they took it.....

I still think we haven no idea who AJ is post the 2nd Ruiz fight. It almost makes him even more of an enigma.

A third fight doesn't make any sense anyway. Fury beat him twice and the second time was even more decisive. Both of them need to fight other guys now. Fury vs Joshua would be awesome

why are people saying Wilder should fight Ruiz??

Ruiz was a disgrace in his last fight and even admitted himself he didnt train, i dont think Ruiz deserves to share the ring with anyone even remotely as good as Wilder until he has a few really good wins
I don't even have any interest in watching him fight again after that. He let down all boxing fans. Tons of guys out there who want it more than he does.

-No guarantee he keeps the title if he fought AJ or if it would of yielded 3 giant fights.
- At the time Fury wasn't the overweight basket case lame duck you guys made him out to be. He already started his healthy transformation back. So at the time Fury didn't seem as elite and untouchable as he does post 2nd fight. Also you were the main one crying Fury was the easier figjt and that's why they took it.....

I still think we haven no idea who AJ is post the 2nd Ruiz fight. It almost makes him even more of an enigma.
I agree at the time fury looked the easier fight on paper which is why they took it not denying that. I don’t really get why they took it first fight didn’t make much then 2nd fight was big. There isn’t a 3rd?!

I am saying and it said all along they took what they thought was an easy fury fight to get more out of AJ and the 50/50 split they wanted.

With benifit of hindsight seems like a mistake so say the least

I agree at the time fury looked the easier fight on paper which is why they took it not denying that. I don’t really get why they took it first fight didn’t make much then 2nd fight was big. There isn’t a 3rd?!

I am saying and it said all along they took what they thought was an easy fury fight to get more out of AJ and the 50/50 split they wanted.

I imagine they thought that Fury would come in hesitant after nearly being knocked out in the first fight and would be a sitting duck

No it doesn't. Made guaranteed boatloads and didn't have to deal with a contract or company they thought were shady and non transparent.
He has one loss and is still a giant name and draw in the sport. Can come back to who and whatever he wants in due time.
He could have that same loss to AJ but still be trying to get what was promised to him like Canelo....

Fury beat him twice and the second time was even more decisive.
Yeah, he exposed and dethroned Wilder in his backyard. :)
Fury is beautiful, large boxer from U.K, real pride, he put boxing masterclass on Wilder, totally exposed him! ;)

No it doesn't. Made guaranteed boatloads and didn't have to deal with a contract or company they thought were shady and non transparent.
He has one loss and is still a giant name and draw in the sport. Can come back to who and whatever he wants in due time.
He could have that same loss to AJ but still be trying to get what was promised to him like Canelo....
You can’t compare canelo and wilder as I keep saying one is a multi year deal with mechanics around opponent selection the other was a three fight deal with known opponents

he hasn’t made $100m has he?

He doesn’t have his belt anymore and hasn’t challenged to be become undisputed has he?

His stock hasn’t risen by getting dominated by fury has it?

Any rational person with hindsight would say he made the wrong choice.

I imagine they thought that Fury would come in hesitant after nearly being knocked out in the first fight and would be a sitting duck
Maybe I am sure once fury got up in the 12th wilder knew he couldn’t beat him in the 2nd.....if there was any doubt that maybe he could he lost that by start of 2nd fight when fury walked through his right hand

Back