Do you consider Billy Joel as one of the greatest musical artists of all time?

SEANO IS DROPPING KNOWLEDGE ITT.
Billy Joel doesn't sound like anybody, there is no comparison.
Billy Joel has made a jazz album, a pop album, a greaser album, an emo album, a post modern rock album, a Spinal tap cover band album and countless other albums that are genre bending.

Elton John can only fantasize of being as diverse as Billy Joel is.

You forgot that one (Attila).

In a nutshell, Joel is a poor man's - a very poor man's - Elton John. Joel's career best songwriting never touched the best of Elton's first 10 albums. And as a vocalist and a piano player EJ was far and away superior.

Elton John is the romo man's Billy Joel

hes a great singer and perfomer but no

i would consider man others over him (lennon, mercury, ect)

he is incredible in concert. one particular memory was in greensboro in 1992 or so. his voice was shot and he apologized to the fans for it. but he also said he would make up for it and he just killed it on the piano. actually the best of the 5 times i saw him play.

as for his skills on the piano, i know he doesnt claim to be that great, but i particularly love the way he plays on angry young man. seems pretty badass to my untrained ear

he varied his sound, adapted with the times and remained relevant for longer than 99.9% of other acts. most in here are too young and are just gonna bash older music though. of course they will also talk about the great musicians of today who will sample music rather than create their own

he spent his entire life trying to aspire to the greatness that is john cougar mellencamp, but fell well short. kinda sad really.

John-Cougar-Mellencamp-image-john-cougar-mellencamp-36717538-474-267.jpg

Last edited:
He's an incredible songwriter.
Your sister's gone out. She's on a date. You just sit at home and masturbate.

Back