Do you consider Billy Joel as one of the greatest musical artists of all time?

For those who don't know, Billy Joel had his Spinal Tap (Stonehenge moment) in 1970, it was called "Attila".

9083906_billy%20joel%20artilla.jpg

watch this whole video, then tell me

I dont wanna watch a video. I wanna know how he ranks amongst pianists. I can watch 10 people play piano and think theyre great. I cant really tell whats good and great.

I dont wanna watch a video. I wanna know how he ranks amongst pianists. I can watch 10 people play piano and think theyre great. I cant really tell whats good and great.

Every piano player ever or his peers?

If compared to the very best classical musicians, Joel himself has admitted he's mediocre at best.

Compared to say, Elton John or any other pop rock piano player, every bit as good. Probably better.

Not even the best with Billy Joe in the name...

wait for it...

I always kind of likened him to a US version of Elton John minus the gay. He's pretty good imo.

Never heard of him

If I was to rank him in the top 2000, he would be #1998
Ranked right next to Right Said Fred #1999

I would have to say no. His music doesn't do anything for me, and it's not like he's some piano or singing virtuoso either.

That being said, I saw Joel come on stage at a Bruce Springsteen concert to play a few of his own tunes with the E Street Band, and they absolutely killed it, one of the highlights of a great show, and I'm not that big on Springsteen either really, but he knows how to put on a show.

Back