Do you consider Billy Joel as one of the greatest musical artists of all time?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
Well, do you?

I think he's one of the all time greats

[YT]Jo9t5XK0FhA[/YT]
[YT]h3JFEfdK_Ls[/YT]
[YT]5eAQa4MOGkE[/YT]
[YT]eFTLKWw542g[/YT]
[YT]hCuMWrfXG4E[/YT]
[YT]a_XgQhMPeEQ[/YT]
[YT]gxEPV4kolz0[/YT]
[YT]hSq4B_zHqPM[/YT]
[YT]bEea624OBzM[/YT]

Meh.

Very bold claims.

Don't agree but I respect the guy.

Certainly is.

His depth of musical skills is tremendous.

Jonah's gonna spidey jizz all over this thread.

I think so , he's produced many great songs, lots of hits

I wouldn't necessarily list them all in the op however

Not even close.

One of, sure. He's the real deal. Howard Stern just did a town hall with him and you would be suprised at how many artist's look up to Billy Joel in a big way. Perhaps he is a musicians musician.

One of the greatest musicians of all time he is not. His shit is mediocre, and his fans smell like butt.

One of, sure. He's the real deal. Howard Stern just did a town hall with him and you would be suprised at how many artist's look up to Billy Joel in a big way. Perhaps he is a musicians musician.

Exactly.

He is like a solo Little Feat, if you are familiar with them.

Fucking sucks.

"JFK, blown away, what more do I have to say?"

Worst fucking lyrics ever.

"All Time Great" means different things to different people of course. For me, it would mean someone that left an indelible mark with his artistry. While he is good, not sure he's done that. He's been around a while and shown some versatility, but I don't see what he's done that sets him apart from others with a lot of hits.

That being said, I just rented all his CDs from my city library and put them in my iTunes. I had forgotten how many good songs the guy has had. I kept around 35 songs which is close to as much as any artist collection I have.

Well, do you?

I think he's one of the all time greats

[YT]Jo9t5XK0FhA[/YT]
[YT]h3JFEfdK_Ls[/YT]
[YT]5eAQa4MOGkE[/YT]
[YT]eFTLKWw542g[/YT]
[YT]hCuMWrfXG4E[/YT]
[YT]a_XgQhMPeEQ[/YT]
[YT]gxEPV4kolz0[/YT]
[YT]hSq4B_zHqPM[/YT]
[YT]bEea624OBzM[/YT]

I already disagree with everything you ever write in F54, now I think if we ever met we'd instantly hate each other. Billy Joel is mediocre at best, he's the Jimmy Buffet of piano pop.

One of the greatest all time in pop rock, sure.

"All Time Great" means different things to different people of course. For me, it would mean someone that left an indelible mark with his artistry. While he is good, not sure he's done that. He's been around a while and shown some versatility, but I don't see what he's done that sets him apart from others with a lot of hits.

That being said, I just rented all his CDs from my city library and put them in my iTunes. I had forgotten how many good songs the guy has had. I kept around 35 songs which is close to as much as any artist collection I have.

Those two paragraphs contradict each other.

Billy Joel has written and performed songs that receive airplay to this day and will for years to come.

His style was pretty original and he even managed to span a couple of different genres. (Piano Man and Uptown girl for example, are very different styles of songs)

Fucking sucks.

"JFK, blown away, what more do I have to say?"

Worst fucking lyrics ever.

While not shakespearian, its laughable to say those are the "worst lyrics ever."

787939471.gif

Back