Social Do you care if so called 'marginalised' groups are marginalised?

If you're not against the marginslizing of the marginalized, you're for it; there is no wishy washy middle ground.

Who's really being marginalized anyways? Nobody gives a shit about the gays. Nobody cares what trans people do either. It only becomes an issue when they want people to ignore thousands of years biology. Systemic racism, debatable. Is there still racism? Yeah but not 1950's level. We did have a black president not that long ago and everyone has access to the same opportunities.

Chappelle “marginalizes” black people in his comedies too.
Duh, he’s a comedian and one of the best.

no one deserves to be marginalized except assholes. If you are an asshole, I don't care what color your skin is, what thing you identify as or what your sexual preference is, go fuck yourself. If that bothers you then you are an asshole

Don’t care at all

Recently we are hearing often that certain speech marginalizes certain protected groups. the effects are very vague. For example; Dave Chappelles recent show marginalizes Trans and alphabet people by jokes at their expense. while he makes jokes about everyone. i dont believe the claims that speech, ' micro regressions' etc does marginalize people but at this stage, even if it did I dont care fedorshrugs.gif.

people say and do mean things to everyone every day. why should i care anymore than anyone else?
No, not really. People aren't equal and shouldn't be.

Recently we are hearing often that certain speech marginalizes certain protected groups. the effects are very vague. For example; Dave Chappelles recent show marginalizes Trans and alphabet people by jokes at their expense. while he makes jokes about everyone. i dont believe the claims that speech, ' micro regressions' etc does marginalize people but at this stage, even if it did I dont care fedorshrugs.gif.

people say and do mean things to everyone every day. why should i care anymore than anyone else?
Marginalization? If it’s discriminatory then it’s a problem. Policing is discriminatory against white people and that’s a problem. Education admissions are discriminatory against Asians and that’s a problem. Making jokes against perverts in dresses is not marginalization or discrimination, it’s just called humor. Trying to protect adolescent and young girls from adult pervert males who call themselves women is also not discrimination either - it’s called duty of care

Depends.

Trans activists are a special bunch - really fucking retarded. For one thing, they cite gender as a social construct, as though that would automatically disqualify it from relevance - but they fail to apply that same scrutiny to the social construct of "human rights" without which no one would even give them the time of day.

And they maintain that, in order for them to not be marginalised, my speech has to to be compelled.
But, if you believe in the social construct of "rights", then theirs end where mine begin - in which case, the marginalisation of trans people is a human right.

The definition of what being marginalized means keeps shifting.

The biggest thing holding back most disadvantaged groups is shitty culture and bad or absentee parents.

Back