Do You Care If a Fighter Acts Classless After A Win?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
If a fighter wins a fight and proceeds to act classless or distasteful, do you care or is it something that doesn't cause you to think any differently of them? Like for instance Jones after the DC fight or Bisping after the Rivera fight.

I used to when I first got into MMA, then I realized that they are people just like you and me. There are a lot of emotions and sometimes animosity building up throughout the process of camp and the lead up to the fight.

In the heat of the moment some fighters tend to act out on their feelings as their adrenaline is still high. They're human, we all do and say shit we regret from time to time.

It's normal.

I like to see some mutual respect directly after but sometimes that's not on the table if there are legit personal issues.

Is what it is.

Really depends on what is said and done, but for the most part, no.

If a fighter wins a fight and proceeds to act classless or distasteful, do you care or is it something that doesn't cause you to think any differently of them? Like for instance Jones after the DC fight or Bisping after the Rivera fight.
Of course I care how else do they become heels?

I only dislike it when white fighters do it. Wouldn't want to be called a racist for disliking Jon.

depends on what they do and how they do it.Jones dx sucking dc no,Bisping spitting on someones corner yes.

Yes it's despicable and makes me sick

I don't

fighters are not nice guys usually.

they beat other guys brains in for a living

So....as long as you're not fighting/hurting someone (i.e. Paul Daley), I'm fine with post-fight saltiness. Jones basically saying "fuck DC, this is combat" was okay to me. DC still hating on Jones, that's fine too. On the other hand...I also like when guys Bruh it up after a fight. I'm not even sure which I prefer more...but both are alright and have their merits.

Sure it's sport/competition, and the guy on the other side of the cage is just doing what you do...trying to make a living, but it's a god damned fight. You're trying to smash the other guy, so if you don't want to be besties after the fight...that's fine too.

I love it, hate that fake humble shit.

4joqoz.jpg

giphy.gif

Classless sore losers are the worst in my book.

I hate all anti-sportsmanship conduct, including trash talking before and after a fight.

Don't tell me that crap about this being ok just because it's a combat sport. Guys like Rich Franklin and many others have shown that you can be a class act in MMA and still have a great career and followers

Hard for me to be a fan of a loudmouth.

Back