Do you care about Your health / Natural health products / Supplements ?

First of all, I am Canadian. I work over in South Korea. Second of all, your debating abilities are quite suspect. Your references have been shown to be from biased sources and your idea of a dialogue consists of hyperbole and and misappropriating facts to suit your doomsday 'conspiracies'.

Go to LEGISINFO - The Library of Parliament's research tool for finding information on legislation to read the legislative summary on bill C-51.

Here's the purpose of the bill:

A. Health Protection Legislative Renewal

The purpose of the Canada Health Protection Act(4) would have been

Cory_Pilfold, this will be last response in this thread. It's obvious that you are too narrow

We should all agree to disagree.
I think there is plenty of truth to everyones arguments.

Although you should all know that my arguments are right on.

empowered.jpg

MainPhoto.gif

First of all, I am Canadian. I work over in South Korea. Second of all, your debating abilities are quite suspect. Your references have been shown to be from biased sources and your idea of a dialogue consists of hyperbole and and misappropriating facts to suit your doomsday 'conspiracies'.

Go to LEGISINFO - The Library of Parliament's research tool for finding information on legislation to read the legislative summary on bill C-51.

Here's the purpose of the bill:

Here's the part about 'health products'

Here's the protocol stated for natural health product manufacturers:
What exactly is wrong with this part?

This part discusses the enforcement of the rules:

Notice if you actually read any of this, that the first part sets rules for manufacturers. The second part may seem harsh to you. But what I see is good police enforcement against the businesses that peddle such bullshit. As long as companies follow the standards (i.e; obtain licenses, conduct legitimate clinical trials, or be truthful about their product) set forth, there should be no problem.

Why should health companies not be subject to the same standards just like other products?
I don't understand? I have biased sources when they are coming from the bill themself? and stopc51.com site? You should really take the time to read and understand the entire bill, instead of picking out little parts which support your argument.

BTW you're talking about the natural health companies that peddle such bullshit???? clearly you have never gone or used a natural health product on your entire life..because If you did..you would realize how effective they are, and no it has nothing to do with somebody selling you horns and claiming they cure cancer. Take the time to find out more about it, and the truth will come soon enough..until then you are just making biased points that are completely taking away your argument..

I don't understand how you can claim my arguments are biased from bill c-51, almost all the information I posted CAME from the bill it self..or the stopc51.com site. Are they biased and lying too?? are they all tin foil hats claiming dooms day as well?? for wanting to keep their rights and freedom to a healthy clean lifestyle intact ?

I'll agree to disagree if you do, because you really need to start looking at the situation for what it really is...This bill has everything to do with regulating and criminalizing natural health products in the wake up big pharma, which is what you really need to realize. There is far going on than meets the eye, and if you actually took the time to read majority of the stuff on stopc51.com site or read the bill..you would realize that there is some things that are deathly wrong with this bill.. This bill has nothing to do with regulating the products, and has everything to do with big pharma taking control of an industry..notice how New drugs will now be able to get passed through the FDA much easier, regardless of how dangerous they are?

Bill C-51 Will:
Allow Government agents to:
-Enter private property without a warrant Section 23 (4)
-Confiscate your property at their discretion, at your cost Section 23.3 a
-Dispose of your property at their discretion, at your cost Section 23.3 c
-Seize your bank accounts without a warrant Section 23 (2) (d)
-Charge you for shipping and storage of your property Section 23.3a-b
-Store your property Indefinitely without paying you for damages Section 23 (2) (d)
-Levy fines of up to $5,000,000.00 / 2 years in jail per offence. Section 31.1

Introduce new legislation that will:
-Allow laws to be created in Canada, behind closed doors, with the assistance of foreign governments, industrial and trade organizations Section 30.7
-Allow "Crack house style" of enforcement on natural health providers Section 23.1
-Allow enforcement to be considered on more than 70% of Canadians who use NHP's Health Canada Reference
-Allow the minister, based on opinion, to shut down research without any scientific reason or evidence of risk or harm Section 18.5
-Allow the minister, based on opinion, to allow or disallow market authorizations for Natural Health Products Section 18.7 (1)

Can Health Canada be Trusted With the Police State Powers Sought For In Bill C-51?

Cartoon related to bill c-51-Causing Deaths Through Enforcement Actions
-Filing of Falsified Court Documents
-Attempting to Bankrupt Businesses
-Falsified Charges
-Enforcing Regulations Against Constitutional Rights

Is this information biased as well? It's from the bill.. I don't know if you realize how much freedom and constitutional rights this is taking away from everyday citizens like me or you, Beyond the "dooms day theories" and the "tin foil hat remarks" you should at least see that..Of course there is more disturbing things about this bill then that, this is one of the main things to get people on board with fighting against it.

To this day i truly can't believe how there are even people that are for this bill, because they are either uneducated..or just plain stupid ( no offense)

I don't think you're like that..but you're confused about what is really going on. Go with your feelings and intuition..they don't lie, however..I cant say the same about "unelected officials"

Eliminates the Ability of our Elected Officials to Protect Us
Section 30(7) of Bill C-51

1. Bypassing our elected official

Damn, I saw you were the last poster in this thread and hoped like hell it was closed.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

it has nothing to do with the world ending, and everything to do with our freedom and rights being taken away from us. You'd think that if people seen there is actually laws being passed revolving around this subject, they would throw away the conspiracy theorist remarks..however I guess people you just enjoy being in denial about these type of things.

GunsforGuevera has already poked numerous holes in your ramblings with quotes from the links you posted. You believe this ridiculous horseshit you keep babbling about cause you found it on some doomsday/conspiracy website, yet fault him for believing everything he reads. The one point you attempted to make that I decided to look at a little closer to find out how full of shit you are was this:
Allow Government agents to:
-Enter private property without a warrant Section 23 (4)
making it sound like they can just barge into your house anytime they want, but if you read it, that's not what it says. You imply all kinds of shit with nothing to justify most of your claims, and make yourself look retarded.

Someone here posted a while back about the bill also, but about how retarded the Canadian gov't is for it, not about how all the gov'ts of the world are trying to kill us with it. We were all aware of the bill before you came in here acting like Chicken Little. I do think the bill is ridiculous bullshit, but I think you're taking it about to about 100 extra levels of stupidity.

GunsforGuevera has already poked numerous holes in your ramblings with quotes from the links you posted. You believe this ridiculous horseshit you keep babbling about cause you found it on some doomsday/conspiracy website, yet fault him for believing everything he reads. The one point you attempted to make that I decided to look at a little closer to find out how full of shit you are was this:

making it sound like they can just barge into your house anytime they want, but if you read it, that's not what it says. You imply all kinds of shit with nothing to justify most of your claims, and make yourself look retarded.

Someone here posted a while back about the bill also, but about how retarded the Canadian gov't is for it, not about how all the gov'ts of the world are trying to kill us with it. We were all aware of the bill before you came in here acting like Chicken Little. I do think the bill is ridiculous bullshit, but I think you're taking it about to about 100 extra levels of stupidity.

It comes from the fucking stopc51 site dude, this site is sponsored by health net work action society, an organization that is actually looking out for the health and well being of it's citizens. In my opinion It's a good thing to trust companies that are actually trying to help you, instead of trusting government officials that have had a proven track record to do the exact opposite. I'm not saying that you need to believe everything from that site, but the clear points are there..and if you read the entire bill, you would realize that these things are said. Of course in different words, but same literal meaning..they use a lot of key words like "sell" "theraputic product" that have been completely changed, without a doubt they are doing it the same way with other things in order to get people somewhat behind this bill.

What people don't realize is that this bill will essentially kill off 80% of our natural health products. At the rate they are accepted by the FDA is going, It looks like the 80% number will be indeed correct. Simply because laws already in place since 2004 have already left the industry crawling on it's knees. If you don't believe THIS, you are just not educated enough about the subject to have a serious respectable opinion.

I also tend to look at Health Canada, and I found out that it has a very sketchy and suspicious work ethic. They do not have the health and freedom / rights of the citizens in mind. In fact the only reason natural health products are being regulated in this fashion is because simply, Money cannot be made of it. Natural health products are relatively inexpensive, and get the job done..The difference between this and pharmaceutical drugs is that The drugs treat symptoms and not the actual problem. There is also some very big health risks, as deaths from pharmaceutical drugs have been the 4th leading cause in death. the FDA has some big ties with BIG pharma obviously..And it appears that Health Canada is following the guidelines they share as well.

Bill c-51 AT BEST, Is a way to control an already out of hand "problem" in the eyes of the pharmaceutical companies such as big pharma. This is a way to AT BEST take control over the product, and at least make it so that you can make money off the product..Like i said, Natural health products are inexpensive, and very effective..this makes them a very dangerous threat to the pharmaceutical drug companies, for obvious reasons.

Why would you want to regulate product that has never had a reported death or incident? when there is drugs out right now killing thousands of people, PHARMACEUTICAL DRUGS. Don't you suppose that they should be regulating Pharmaceutical drugs a lot more? I mean they are basically getting a lot of power with this bill, with reduced safety measures on the drugs..and an easier route to getting the drugs passed by the FDA.

It's kind of a back words world in a way, Were trying to get rid of something (in a sense) that is only out for our health and well being. Only to subject ourself to the rule of companies that have a track record of not being to conscious about the health of it's citizens. Look for example to the many drugs out on the market that have caused thousands of deaths..in fact I heard of one that caused 80,000 deaths. ONE DRUG. Considering the FDA'S ties with the many Big pharmaceutical companies out there, It is clear they are only focused on profit and corporate well being, and Not focused on OUR health and well being..THE PEOPLE.

60% of natural health products are already gone due to existing laws that have been in place since 2004 regarding natural health. If you truly don't think the exact same thing would happen to a big degree if a bill like this was passed, I don't know what to say.

Who do you want to believe in? People that have your interest / freedom / well being / health in mind? and they truly do care?

Or companies like the FDA / BIG PHARMA / Health Canada/ that have a proven track record of NOT GIVING A FUCK about it's citizens, In many ways.

I think it's a pretty clear choice, If I do say so myself. Simply knowing the back round of which these government agencies and corporations came from, should be enough to change your mind. To this day, I can't believe people are listening to every word they are saying and believing it as truth. There is a proven track record with these agencies / corporations..and it has NOT been a good one..Knowing THAT ALONE should be enough to believe these laws are not about looking after the health / well being of it's citizens..If at all this is what you truly believe the government is trying to do.

Companies that actually truly care about our health in a very deep and passionate way, are Health action network society..greenpeace etc..And yet we continue to believe every single word these corporations and agencies are saying, knowing how much harm they have caused to Canadian and American citizens alike.

Oh and by the way, I don't find this from "dooms day websites" sheep.

I tell you what

This ignore function is BRILLIANT

Cory, I just saw something fly past your dorm window! It looked like this:

ufo05.jpg

It comes from the fucking stopc51 site dude, this site is sponsored by health net work action society, an organization that is actually looking out for the health and well being of it's citizens. In my opinion It's a good thing to trust companies that are actually trying to help you, instead of trusting government officials that have had a proven track record to do the exact opposite. I'm not saying that you need to believe everything from that site, but the clear points are there..and if you read the entire bill, you would realize that these things are said. Of course in different words, but same literal meaning..they use a lot of key words like "sell" "theraputic product" that have been completely changed, without a doubt they are doing it the same way with other things in order to get people somewhat behind this bill.

What people don't realize is that this bill will essentially kill off 80% of our natural health products. At the rate they are accepted by the FDA is going, It looks like the 80% number will be indeed correct. Simply because laws already in place since 2004 have already left the industry crawling on it's knees. If you don't believe THIS, you are just not educated enough about the subject to have a serious respectable opinion.

I also tend to look at Health Canada, and I found out that it has a very sketchy and suspicious work ethic. They do not have the health and freedom / rights of the citizens in mind. In fact the only reason natural health products are being regulated in this fashion is because simply, Money cannot be made of it. Natural health products are relatively inexpensive, and get the job done..The difference between this and pharmaceutical drugs is that The drugs treat symptoms and not the actual problem. There is also some very big health risks, as deaths from pharmaceutical drugs have been the 4th leading cause in death. the FDA has some big ties with BIG pharma obviously..And it appears that Health Canada is following the guidelines they share as well.

Bill c-51 AT BEST, Is a way to control an already out of hand "problem" in the eyes of the pharmaceutical companies such as big pharma. This is a way to AT BEST take control over the product, and at least make it so that you can make money off the product..Like i said, Natural health products are inexpensive, and very effective..this makes them a very dangerous threat to the pharmaceutical drug companies, for obvious reasons.

Why would you want to regulate product that has never had a reported death or incident? when there is drugs out right now killing thousands of people, PHARMACEUTICAL DRUGS. Don't you suppose that they should be regulating Pharmaceutical drugs a lot more? I mean they are basically getting a lot of power with this bill, with reduced safety measures on the drugs..and an easier route to getting the drugs passed by the FDA.

It's kind of a back words world in a way, Were trying to get rid of something (in a sense) that is only out for our health and well being. Only to subject ourself to the rule of companies that have a track record of not being to conscious about the health of it's citizens. Look for example to the many drugs out on the market that have caused thousands of deaths..in fact I heard of one that caused 80,000 deaths. ONE DRUG. Considering the FDA'S ties with the many Big pharmaceutical companies out there, It is clear they are only focused on profit and corporate well being, and Not focused on OUR health and well being..THE PEOPLE.

60% of natural health products are already gone due to existing laws that have been in place since 2004 regarding natural health. If you truly don't think the exact same thing would happen to a big degree if a bill like this was passed, I don't know what to say.

Who do you want to believe in? People that have your interest / freedom / well being / health in mind? and they truly do care?

Or companies like the FDA / BIG PHARMA / Health Canada/ that have a proven track record of NOT GIVING A FUCK about it's citizens, In many ways.

I think it's a pretty clear choice, If I do say so myself. Simply knowing the back round of which these government agencies and corporations came from, should be enough to change your mind. To this day, I can't believe people are listening to every word they are saying and believing it as truth. There is a proven track record with these agencies / corporations..and it has NOT been a good one..Knowing THAT ALONE should be enough to believe these laws are not about looking after the health / well being of it's citizens..If at all this is what you truly believe the government is trying to do.

Companies that actually truly care about our health in a very deep and passionate way, are Health action network society..greenpeace etc..And yet we continue to believe every single word these corporations and agencies are saying, knowing how much harm they have caused to Canadian and American citizens alike.

Oh and by the way, I don't find this from "dooms day websites" sheep.

tl/dr

basically, what I'm saying is this:
Guns looked up his counterpoints on the link you provided to the bill itself. You're getting your "facts" from the stop51 site, which in its name is obviously biased, yet you made the comment to Guns:
The fact that you truly believe all the information you're reading is completely true just shows how narrow minded YOU are.
Come on man, seriously.

Ian, point me to the ignore function, I've been looking for the button since this thread popped up. Am I blind?

1. Click on Cory's name.
2. Click Add Cory_Pilfold to Your Ignore List (yellow link toward the top of the screen).

Cory_Pilfold
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Cory_Pilfold
Find More Posts by Cory_Pilfold
Add Cory_Pilfold to Your Buddy List

wtf? I don't get an ignore button? That's what comes up when I click on a name

EDIT:
I found it, didn't realize I had to actually go to the profile. This thread looks so much better now :icon_chee

You're a lifesaver Saith

Back