Do you care about someone you've never met?

I suppose I have the regular level of sympathy any human being would have for any other human being. But people are sociopaths so idunno what the "regular level" even is.

RIP to my man @HuntersCreed

Met him on here and eventually became friends on the FB..was supposed to meet up many of times but it always fell through...he only lived about an hour and a half from me

Tore me up that he died so young

Oh definitely. My two closet friendships have been with people who I met online.

I shed a few tears for Steve Irwin and Michael brooks (The majority report with sam seder and the Michael Brooks showr) the other month.

It's pretty rare though.

I have a guildmate in World of Warcraft that's been in the guild for less than a year. Not too long ago, he found out he's got cancer. He's only 39 and is always a good guy to play with. Always ends his sentences with "lol." He's undergoing chemo right now. A few days ago, he said it makes him so tired that it's hard to even play a computer game.

I really hope he makes it. It's actually stressing me out big time. I've never met him, though he's posted his picture on our discord server. He hasn't logged on in a few days, I am hoping he's doing OK and he'll beat it.

It's hard to gauge the seriousness of the situation with just mere text over a game, but the fact that he mentioned his dad being worried sick makes me think it's extremely bad.

You should know something about friendship:

Time doesn't impact the friendship, it's the quality of the exchanges. Most people don't know this but time and distance can work together (sometimes they can't). In the case of friends, I have a buddy who I've known since my teenage years who means less to me than a friend who is effectively a pen pal whom I've never met face to face.

The punchline, I suppose, is that the magnitude of those nteractions is what matters most. I live away from most of my friends, but when I do reconnect, it's not a reconnection at all. They've ways been there.

When it comes to the real stuff, it's usually quality over quantity (and this is coming from a guy who drinks a lot and yearns for that balance).

I have one really - we usually talk everyday through ps4 chat for over a year now, we always watch the fights together and play ufc until UFC 4 because that game sucks.

It is weird if we go a day without chatting, even if it is just for 20 minutes or so.
It is nice because he is one of those people that you can chill in silence with and say something to once in awhile without it being awkward because neither of us are super talkative people and neither of us can stand yappy people.

I have a guildmate in World of Warcraft that's been in the guild for less than a year. Not too long ago, he found out he's got cancer. He's only 39 and is always a good guy to play with. Always ends his sentences with "lol." He's undergoing chemo right now. A few days ago, he said it makes him so tired that it's hard to even play a computer game.

I really hope he makes it. It's actually stressing me out big time. I've never met him, though he's posted his picture on our discord server. He hasn't logged on in a few days, I am hoping he's doing OK and he'll beat it.

It's hard to gauge the seriousness of the situation with just mere text over a game, but the fact that he mentioned his dad being worried sick makes me think it's extremely bad.

Have you tried calling him thru skype or whatsapp?

If you live in tne same state maybe you could meet up bring your kids and wife or whateve once he hos done eith chemo.

I had this girl I chat with in an MMORPG thise ragnarol style games back in 2014.

Not only did I felt worried when she got sick often a couple of years later a fell inlove with her even though we have never met.

She is from a different country its just like after a few days of chat I dreamed about her that somehow we met and kissed.

I felt really happy even after I wole up even after a few months I feel so inloved like all I coukd think off is her.

People I don’t know have endless potential, the ones I do are fickle...

You should know something about friendship:

Time doesn't impact the friendship, it's the quality of the exchanges. Most people don't know this but time and distance can work together (sometimes they can't). In the case of friends, I have a buddy who I've known since my teenage years who means less to me than a friend who is effectively a pen pal whom I've never met face to face.

The punchline, I suppose, is that the magnitude of those nteractions is what matters most. I live away from most of my friends, but when I do reconnect, it's not a reconnection at all. They've ways been there.

When it comes to the real stuff, it's usually quality over quantity (and this is coming from a guy who drinks a lot and yearns for that balance).

"My God Time and Distance."

I am so stealing this comment.

Its the quality its how you conected.

Its hard to explain sometimes you meet some pne like that like a girl I used to know. We haven't met and we dont even talk that often.

But there are times we share intimate about love, family.

I fell inlove with her. I even felt so sad for her when her Boyfriernd died.

It just I want to see her happy like her happiness means alot to me even though we have never met just saw her pictures heard her voice once in a game chat.

I have no regrets.

"When love over came Distance and Time"

I’ve had the same friends for the past 10 years. 5 days a week aren’t mine, the other two days of the week I share with my significant other.

I’m not people-e and I enjoy “solitude”, being able to share that with someone else is awesome.

Yeah loads. No need to bore you with details but moved half way across the world to be with someone. It didn't work out and I totally regretted it and ended it after 5 days.

We were obsessed with each other, I don't know if it was love or that but I think it was love. If I didn't wake up to a message from that person I was really worried. When I finally moved in with him we had already had all the old married couple arguments that you would have in 20 years. We knew all our foibles but didn't really like them.

That is rough. But I guess there is an explanation why you felt into each other in the beggining its called limerence.

Its an intense involuntarry reaction of emotions for another person like you build an image of this person in your head even if it does not actually represent them in real life.

And once reality kicks in you realize you are not compatible etc.

Its sad but its normal.

I care about all of you cunts. Not saying I'm going to fly over, nurse you during chemo and pay your medical bills or anything but I hope you're all good!

That's pretty crazy. I'm surprised you still met after all that arguing. The phone thing is absolutely nuts. That's real obsession right there.

I had a situation like 12 years ago where this girl randomly started talking to me on a sports forum and it turned out we were only 30 miles apart. We pretty much fell in love through phone conversations but she would never meet me. Always said her anxiety prevented her from going through with it. She would send me pictures and she was like a 6/10 at best so I never thought I was being cat fished but I knew she had some sort of big lie going on that she wouldn't let me find out about.

During that time, I searched for her online and her profiles always had some random picture that wasn't her in them but her work website had a picture of 2 girls, with her name and another girl's name below. One of the girls was cute and vaguely looked like the pics she had sent and the other was fat and ugly. Her name was listed first and she was on the left in the pic so I assumed that was really her.

Haven't spoken to her in 7 years but I randomly looked her up just a couple days ago and she finally has a profile picture of herself posted on her profile. She was the fat and ugly chick in that picture. She would never meet me because she lied about what she looked like and knew I wouldn't be attracted to her. I

Lol I chuckled when you later revealed she is Fat.

I used to see a lot of posts on Reddit that appeared to be a sick kid posting pics of a ton of good toy action figures people on the internet sent to him. No idea if the whole thing was a scam. Could have been a great scam for scalpers.

I used to see a lot of posts on Reddit that appeared to be a sick kid posting pics of a ton of good toy action figures people on the internet sent to him. No idea if the whole thing was a scam. Could have been a great scam for scalpers.
w

WTF Reddit can be really sketchy

My homie brad off Xbox. Known him for 9 years, still talk every day.

Back