Do you care about jokes?

Subjective surely, depends on a lot of things, the setting, who's telling it etc, if you accept free speech then really there should be no line just your response that may or may not be negative, ah well shit happens, rather hear a joke about something than be hit with a shovel.

Not offended, but it really is one of those jokes where I just wonder why, out of all the things that crumble, did he decide to use that particular example other than to blatantly stir up controversy? I think that's what is really annoying.

I don't see problem with what Adesanya said. It's not even a joke. I think he means it. He feels like he'll crumble Romero like the twin towers. So what's wrong with that?

It's almost 20 years since 9/11 and people just have to get over it.

I wonder if you guys find this offensive.

I dunno who ts or that adidasanya are, however, jokes are part of who I am.

T.s. I'll repeat my offer: "Do you want some mushroom spunk?"

<{fry}>

Adidas -sanya

<[analyzed}>

I'm trying to think of a good replacement for a "crumbling" comment.

I think famous people would be a good category.

Make you crumble faster than... hmm.....well....God there's really not a lot of good options here.

<Dylan>

Serious, just saw the hatred about adesanya coments, i know he didnt meant anything bad. But are you guys really that sensitive? Im brazilian, im getting jokes all the time about me living in a slum and being a dirty animal, i just dont care. Do you guys really care about jokes?
Taking offence to something just shows you're weak. Growing up poor we used to just hurl insults all day at eachother and if you got offended you were the bitch. There were no lines that couldn't be crossed and no sacred cows(mom's) that couldn't be defiled.

People these days are so sensitive they couldn't last a day in that environment.

Any red-blooded American male should be outraged. I'm getting a group of armed guys together to ride to New Zealand on horseback to demand a apology from Israel in person

My problem is inconsistency.

There are people who tell you "grow up snowflake" or "get thicker skin" if it's a topic that doesn't offend them. The moment you make a joke that they personally find offensive they flip out.

Americans can by hypocritical in this regard when it comes to 9/11 jokes. They'll laugh at someone else's tragedy, make memes about it, etc. But 9/11 jokes are where we cross the line.

My rule is if you can dish it you better be able to take it.

Don't really care about jokes. Can definitely find them dumb, tasteless and the guy who made it to be dumb or an asshole, does not mean the joke actually bothered me.
To be honest tho I had my period where I liked dark humor. I would crack jokes just for the sake of being "edgy". I would make fun of handicapped people, ethnicities (including mine), historical tragedies etc... It stopped being funny after a while because it's easy, and I was like 15.
Being politically incorrect doesn't mean saying something outrageous or offensive. I see to many dumb people saying dumb shit, getting called out for it, and pulling the PC card.

We do live in a dumb society tho. Or at least social media somehow gets the dumb to come out of the people. Like Adesanya absolutely rehearsed that twin tower line, and chose to keep it because it would make a good "headline" on social media. It's like a double edged sword. People reacting on social media in a dumb way, and people IRL do dumb shit to get a reaction out of them. Vicious circle.

Sorry for the little rant haha

It's not a very good joke. But at least Romero can say that he will destroy Israel just like the Holocaust did.
Israel was founded in 1948 - after the Holocaust. The Holocaust actually led to the creation of Israel, so Romero would look a bit silly saying that.

Israel was founded in 1948 - after the Holocaust. The Holocaust actually led to the creation of Israel, so Romero would look a bit silly saying that.

I'm aware of that, but Israelites were also the entire tribe of Jewish people that were the protagonists of the Old Testament and whose European population was nearly decimated by the Third Reich.

I'm aware of that, but Israelites were also the entire tribe of Jewish people that were the protagonists of the Old Testament and whose European population was nearly decimated by the Third Reich.
Jokes are always better when you have to explain them.

Serious, just saw the hatred about adesanya coments, i know he didnt meant anything bad. But are you guys really that sensitive? Im brazilian, im getting jokes all the time about me living in a slum and being a dirty animal, i just dont care. Do you guys really care about jokes?
It was a shit thing to say imo but im not offended. Some people just want to be wronged

I’m here and all over this board because I’m ‘good with the jokes’.

Shit don’t bother me one bit.

I think it would be funny if it was funny, but it wasn't funny, zero originality, and I guarentee he wouldn't say in public in front of a crowd in the US.

I mean, maybe if Yoel was a NY native it might be a nice little jab, but he's not, so it's just dumb

Now if he mentioned a rape van he'd be sweet

Back