Do you buy Halal meat ?

johnnybeebob

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I live in Mississauga Ontario which has a very large muslim community and I noticed that the best butcher shops around tend to be halal.

I buy halal whenever it’s on sale at my grocer or if I want good cuts of chicken I go to my local halal butcher.

It’s interesting because when I was a kid I was unaware of halal meat and eat a lot of pork.
Now my kids eat very little pork and request meat from the halal butcher.

Nah, though a lot of the slaughterhouses are labeled as more hygienic(though having seen them I don't notice the difference), the practice of slaughter is even more fucked up than regular, which is pretty unfathomable already.

In my country if a regular non-halal licensed abattoir tried to kill the animals the way you would slaughter Halal, they would be committing an actual animal cruelty crime, That should tell you something.

There aren't that much halal meat to begin with right? I mean obviously rabbit and horse are halal but you don't exactly buy them. I have cows, sheep and chicken so I only buy haram meat (pork).

I don’t have a preference, there was a halal butcher near my apartment when I was younger, I’d go there out of convenience. If I want a goat leg I’ll usually go to a halal butcher, assuming they’ll have one in stock whenever I need one.

I buy Tyson chicken nuggets because I’m not a fucking terrorist.
Taking bets on how long your Sherdog tenure will be. Anyone?

I've eaten halal probably a hundred times but I don't know if I've bought it before.

There aren't that much halal meat to begin with right? I mean obviously rabbit and horse are halal but you don't exactly buy them. I have cows, sheep and chicken so I only buy haram meat (pork).
I must be misinformed. I thought halal was the process of killing the animal. As in praying, slashing its throat and draining the blood?

Help, @newjerseynick @DoctorTaco ?

Would buy, but not at a premium

Not in the UK but when I'm in France with the in-laws I eat it.

I must be misinformed. I thought halal was the process of killing the animal. As in praying, slashing its throat and draining the blood?

Help, @newjerseynick @DoctorTaco ?
It means permissable (by islamic law)
Its not just how its killed but also how its raised and fed .
Certain animals, cuts and parts arent halal aswell.

Back