Do you belong in the 1000lb club?

Sick of these Asian dudes in the weight room who keep slamming the weights on their deadlifts... They don't have strong enough grip.

1604339_1.jpg

I'm a manlet. There is no actual difference if I DL or not.

375 Bench
175 squat
225 DL

??
how can you do 175 on squat while doing a 375 bench? You must have Jon Jones leg.

I do way less but I'm barely a man, so there is nothing wrong with me.

im not i started lifting in march and my lifts are all 3x5

bench 220
squat 220
deadlift 240
standing military press 155

= 835.

I think i can increase my deadlift to about 300 by the end of the year, squat to about 250, press to about 185.

maybe by the end of the year ?

Maybe but I don't squat or deadlift and don't bench a ton of weight. In college I could bench 260 a few times and weighed 205...

Weight: 185

Squat: 545
Bench: 365
Deadlift: 625
Never competed in a meet or anything.

For the real athletes:
One-mile run: 4:08
5k run: 16:57
2-mile swim (pool, no fins): 56min
Can knock out pinch grip pullups

1227lbs, but I'm weak as fuck compared to where I should be. Squat is about half what it could be due it a knee problem I've just recently fixed.

So odd.....I just did this last week for the first time in about 6 months.

Former member checking in. I'm 49 now so it's getting harder and harder. The Bench is really hurting me these days. Need some of that old man TRT. I think I'd feel better about myself if I got back up there. But my diet and exercise habits are pretty atrocious at the moment. Barely benching over my body weight.

Bench: 230
Squat : 320
Deadlift: 400

Being 5'5 and 70kg that's gonna be hard to acheive. My current goal is DL 180kg, squat 140kg, and bench 110. That's still only 430kg total.

your height and weight isn't a problem IMO. You can increase your bench goal to 140kg. you just gotta be crazy driven to do it but it is not out of your reach. Not even close...

im not i started lifting in march and my lifts are all 3x5

bench 220
squat 220
deadlift 240
standing military press 155

= 835.

I think i can increase my deadlift to about 300 by the end of the year, squat to about 250, press to about 185.

maybe by the end of the year ?
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your total is 680. Military Press isn't done in comp.

And have you been benching way longer than squat and DL? Most people have numbers much higher than their bench for those.

With my back in its current state that's probably the most I could get away with before an agonizing, crippling death.

Pretty stupid how close my bench has gotten to my lower body lifts over the last year. My goal was always 500/400/300 and my current lifts are like 375/350/275 lol.

i dont know what i squat or deadlift, but i bench 500, so i figure i am in. training legs is for losers though

Weight: 185

Squat: 545
Bench: 365
Deadlift: 625
Never competed in a meet or anything.

For the real athletes:
One-mile run: 4:08
5k run: 16:57
2-mile swim (pool, no fins): 56min
Can knock out pinch grip pullups
gotta say your mile time is impressive as hell, 5K too.
What stroke you using for the 2 mile swim?

Freestyle
nice, I don't think I could maintain a freestyle stroke for 2 miles. I'd have to breast stroke or side crawl, but then I'd never do it in the time you are talking about.

nice, I don't think I could maintain a freestyle stroke for 2 miles. I'd have to breast stroke or side crawl, but then I'd never do it in the time you are talking about.
The mind quits before the body does, so you'd be surprised. You can keep pushing yourself, and if you're only in 3-6 feet of water like a lot of lap pools, there's pretty much no consequences to pushing yourself to the point of complete exhaustion. Just have a buddy that's swimming near you or have a lifeguard on duty if you want to be safe, but you'll know you're about to black out before you actually do. And if you are really struggling, substituting the breast stroke for 25-50m isn't going to totally destroy your time.

Back