Do you believe in Khabib's standup now?

Its lightyears behind Conor McGregors standup. Its sloppy and harmless but because of takedown threat its not totally useless.

Nah. Gaethje was focused on avoiding the cage and a takedown, that’s the only reason Khabieber had success striking.

All striking match? He gets slaughtered.

I don’t believe in the striking technique but I believe in the pressure, and if you have trouble understanding what I’m saying - you’ve got some tape study to do

Nah. Gaethje was focused on avoiding the cage and a takedown, that’s the only reason Khabieber had success striking.

All striking match? He gets slaughtered.
This is mma brother. All boxing match, look what happened to conr. He got whipped there too. You think if gaethje was able to stuff his shots, he's able to match the pressure still? I doubt it.

Anyone wanna explain why the TD threat helps his striking?

Anyone wanna explain why the TD threat helps his striking?

"Before stepping into his jab, Khabib dips his level, forcing Gaethje to crouch and extend his arm as a frame in order to defend a potential takedown. Khabib follows it up with a 2, constantly eating up space in the process. Knowing who Justin Gaethje is, he instantly wants to retaliate with a counter.

This exchange was the basis for Khabib’s entire strategy from here on out. Khabib knows that his jab can force Gaethje into a crouching position, which eliminates his ability to quickly move laterally to open up angles from which to counter, escape, or kick from. Gaethje is forced to take a linear step back, plant, and then throw while still being straight-on with no positional advantage. Khabib can see the punch coming and hide behind his shoulder before putting the pressure back on."

read more here: https://www.thefight-site.com/home/khabib-nurmagomedov-vs-justin-gaethje-a-legend-cements-his-status

Yes, TD threat is a weapon for striking in mma. It’s the same type of threat as CC left high kick, hendos h bomb, or conors left, and khabib uses the TD feints brilliantly to compliment his striking.

Khabibs whole game syngergizes perfectly

"Before stepping into his jab, Khabib dips his level, forcing Gaethje to crouch and extend his arm as a frame in order to defend a potential takedown. Khabib follows it up with a 2, constantly eating up space in the process. Knowing who Justin Gaethje is, he instantly wants to retaliate with a counter.

This exchange was the basis for Khabib’s entire strategy from here on out. Khabib knows that his jab can force Gaethje into a crouching position, which eliminates his ability to quickly move laterally to open up angles from which to counter, escape, or kick from. Gaethje is forced to take a linear step back, plant, and then throw while still being straight-on with no positional advantage. Khabib can see the punch coming and hide behind his shoulder before putting the pressure back on."

read more here: https://www.thefight-site.com/home/khabib-nurmagomedov-vs-justin-gaethje-a-legend-cements-his-status

F these dudes at the fight site. Those loser liberal hipsters are massive Khabib haters. And F those guys at heavy hands too.
And can't forgot about jack slack. F that loser too

So many of these so called analysts are major Khabib haters for some weird reason man.

Dan hardy and that young fat guy Tom are also haters

Only real smart guy there that always gets it right with Khabib is Zane Simon

One more round and Gaethje could've tapped standing to Khabib's strikes

F these dudes at the fight site. Those loser liberal hipsters are massive Khabib haters. And F those guys at heavy hands too.

Only real smart guy there that always gets it right with Khabib is Zane Simon
The analysis was good. Just because some of them didn't pick Khabib to win doesn't mean they don't have good analysis. What the fuck dude? lol. Dan Hardy Picked gaethje to win, doesn't mean he can't breakdown a habib fight after the fact. Genetic fallacy. The write up there is pretty good. Tell me what's inaccurate about the excerpt I posted.

The article did a great job of breaking down khabib's masterful performance. It was masterclass.

The writer of the article picked Khabib to win by R3/SUB. You're overgeneralizing the website.

The analysis was good. Just because some of them didn't pick Khabib to win doesn't mean they don't have good analysis. What the fuck dude? lol. Dan Hardy Picked gaethje to win, doesn't mean he can't breakdown a habib fight after the fact. Genetic fallacy. The write up there is pretty good. Tell me what's inaccurate about the excerpt I posted.
You are too quick bro :D

I tried to edit more stuff in my original comment but you are very quick

I came across those losers and their posse on mma twitter about the time of Khabib conrat ufc 229.

Just read this article made by one of their best analyst lol

Those pansy ALWAYS pick against Khabib. The problem lies with them and not Khabib.

If you can't get Khabib right then you're a fucking lousy analyst to me. Period

Prediction: Poirier via KO3. This writer caps Poirier at -120. <45>

You are too quick bro :D

I tried to edit more stuff in my original comment but you are very quick

I came across those losers and their posse on mma twitter about the time of Khabib conrat ufc 229.

Just read this article made by one of their best analyst lol

Those pansy ALWAYS pick against Khabib. The problem lies with them and not Khabib.

If you can't get Khabib right then you're a fucking lousy analyst to me. Period

They have more than one author on the site man. Aiden Hayes, the one who wrote the post fight breakdown picked Khabib to win by Round 3/Sub.

"The biggest factor to me is that I have absolutely no real clue about Gaethje’s cage wrestling or wrestling defense past his incredibly energy inefficient scrambling and that makes it hard to pick Gaethje with any confidence here. I think Gaethje will do a good job of herding Khabib into his leg kicks or check hook/cross counter on the backfoot and will use his footwork to prevent Khabib from lining up his takedowns, but I do not trust his ringcraft to hold over 5 and expect Khabib to fully exploit that with driving doubles + his infamous cage wrestling and top game. I think Gaethje’s pressuring game will give Khabib some good resistance in the form of kicks, body work after he weaves in, and a jab, but I think Khabib will find some openings to go for his single, which probably won’t get Gaethje down, but will wear on his gas-tank or force the clinch. Not without adversity, Khabib Nurmagomedov SUB3"

https://www.thefight-site.com/home/ufc-254-staff-picks

https://www.thefight-site.com/home/khabib-nurmagomedov-vs-justin-gaethje-a-legend-cements-his-status

I personally do not care if they pick against khabib. Picking against khabib doesn't mean you can't write a good article. This is not a zidan piece. Some people are skewed towards strikers. Shit like that happens. But this guy picked Khabib. He got the round wrong and again, his post fight breakdown is pretty good. Give it a read. You'd be surprised. It really shows off the brilliance of Nurmagomedov.

the cerrone style standing knee he threw surprised me. The guy was only getting better and better.

I don't think he won the stand up, but I do think it served it's purpose well to feel Gaethje out and create opportunities for grappling. Pretty much what I thought he would be able to against Gaethje. The pace right out of the gate kind of surprised me a bit, but on second thought I immediately realized how smart it was of him and I am not surprised by him being smart.

Reactions: HHJ
I don't think he won the stand up, but I do think it served it's purpose well to feel Gaethje out and create opportunities for grappling. Pretty much what I thought he would be able to against Gaethje. The pace right out of the gate kind of surprised me a bit, but on second thought I immediately realized how smart it was of him and I am not surprised by him being smart.
I thought he won the standup, Gaethje landed some hard shots, but the aggression, octagon control and outstriking gaethje is enough for me to give it to Khabib. The takedown at the end and sub attempt only further the case that round was a khabib round.

I thought he won the standup, Gaethje landed some hard shots, but the aggression, octagon control and outstriking gaethje is enough for me to give it to Khabib. The takedown at the end and sub attempt only further the case that round was a khabib round.

Official scoring looks at damage first, only if that isn't decisive you go to octagon control, aggression, etc. But I thought it was pretty clear Justin was landing the more significant strikes (doing more damage). So pressure and all that did not come into play when judging, for me.

Back