Do you believe in different drunks?

I think for practical reasons the answer is yes. You consume different alcohols at different rates according to taste, likely mix some alcohols with high sugar/caffeine drinks and there's going to be some impact from the non alcohol consumption in the drink that's magnified from general drunkenness.

I don't think it's that big a difference, or a reliable predictor based on type of liquor alone, but rather liquor/individual, there might be consistency.

Last edited:
Different alcohols absolutely have different effects on you but when you drink too much of anything you won't be able to tell the difference.

It depends on the alcohol content. Its impossible for me to get blackout drunk on beer alone. I would end up drinking way too much and just falling asleep because the low alcohol content makes me full before I drink enough to get wasted.

Champagne definitely makes me a different kind of drunk than other kinds of alcohol.

Probably because youre surrounded by good times or jealous times. Champagne isnt something people drink at a party or bar, so youre being influenced externally beforehand, I assure you.

Wine is drank usually at home to wind down, and thats the habitual routine people get into.

Shots of tequila have a stigma to them, therefore when most people drink it, its to become drunk or challenged. It catches up to u, as all shots do, and u hurt the next day. Ritual drinkers dont slam shots one after another.

Whiskey makes me angry...? How can it? Vodka makes me happy? Thats all rubbish. Perhaps you drink vodka n cranberry with the women and whiskey when someone at worked pissed you off.

Im a happy drunk and no alcohol hits me better or worse. The more I have or the stronger it is, the more im intoxified.

I always lol @ people using alcohol as a means of explaining their behavior.

No, it wasn't the tequila, you're just a terrible person.

nah, i don't believe in, "different drunks". i think people's premeditated mindsets before drinking, is why they act the way they do. being drunk only enhances whatever you had on your mind to begin with.

Absinthe is the only thing I have noticed a different kind of drunk, and its not much different t, I just felt more 'clear'. probably the reason for this is because I had read things about it, and so I only thought I noticed a difference.

I know a bunch of guys who turn into ass hats when they drink rye. I assume because it tastes bad they just get angry that they are drinking that crap.

Vodka always made me more crazy/wild. Like let's got streaking crazy. Not angry.

I'm definately a happy drunk though.

This is what I thought OP was going to be about.

I'm too busy trying to keep my shit together to do or say much when I get drunk, but I haven't found the type of alcohol to have any effect on that.

same here, & I'm the same way.

I'm always the one keeping the boys in check when we go out.

I've even had to be the one keeping my coworkers in check during outings too.

& I'm always ripped when doing so.

I always lol @ people using alcohol as a means of explaining their behavior.

No, it wasn't the tequila, you're just a terrible person.

This.

Nobody beats up their wife because they drank Stella aka Wifebeater.

It's fair enough saying stupid shit when drunk because that's just because it makes you more confident and loose with your words.
But turning violent can't ever be blamed on alcohol, that just fuels what is already inside someone.

Typically whatever I'm drinking leads to how drunk I plan on getting, and it's the levels that have different personalities.

1-3 HEYYY! Lets all be friends, and have philosophical conversations about sports

4-6 I need to be alone with my thoughts guys. I'm just not sure what to think about these deflated footballs.

7 - I'm sleepy. And pretty horny. I guess that chicks not so ugly over there.

8- Is that guy looking at me funny? Did this ugly chick have a boyfriend?

9- FUCK YOU GUY!

10 - Did I get into a fight last night? And who is this chick?

Whiskeys, vodka, gin keep me to about 5 and under. Tequila I end up at about a 9. Moonshine is a solid 10.

It seems like Tequila and Champagne are different highs based on experience. I don't try to control for all the variables so that I can be scientific about it though. Could be lots factors I suppose.

I think it all depends on the person, their mood and their surrounding environment at the time.

I have drank pretty much every alcoholic beverage known to man, and usually feel the same, for the majority of drinks.

Any time I incorporate champagne/red bull I tend be a much happier drunk.

It's more depending on the mixer drinks.

rakja/slivovitz definitely affects me differently to anything else. so does wine

Back