Do you also fell like the lw belt is worthless right now?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Bangkok ready d1, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Bangkok ready d1 Brown Belt

I mean im a fan so im excited for all the new fights at lw, but with khabib away it just fells like whoever wins the belt of the top guys doesn't matter cause they are not the best in the division. Lhw is in kinda of a similar situation, but jones is crearly slowing down so jan doesn't seem like such a fake champ, the same can't be said about lw though.

Beherit, Ufcmaster, Vegeta and 2 others like this.
  2. Substance Abuse Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

3. Chael_Sonnen You're looking at the reflection of perfection. Platinum Member

4. Post 2 Decision Gold Belt

No, this has happened before and it will happen again. Just give it some time.

5. Social Distance Warrior Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Fighters come and go like they always have...
    I'm mma nothing is set in stone...

6. Kryptt Dead Belt

No but LHW it does feel a tad more hollow. I do look forward to fighters like Jan etc. reshaping and reigniting their Divisions.

LW is a bigger tossup so "wait and see".

7. DS66 Brown Belt

Just gotta give it a little bit of time. Seemed like there could never be a legit FLW champ with DJ and Cejudo gone, but now not much time later Fig seems as legit as it gets. In a year we'll all have moved on from Khabib (assuming he actually stays retired) and the LW division will continue to be a great division loaded with talent and exciting fights.

8. bjjHERRERA Red Belt

for me yeah- when you know the baddest mf'er is just on the sideline, the belt is sorta.. meh

9. Pierced7681 Yellow Card Yellow Card

Tony would have beat Khabib anyways. Come at me sherbros.

10. Kryptt Dead Belt

[​IMG]

Pierced7681 likes this.
  11. Peli Black Belt

It's not worthless, but its loss a little of its swag if you get what I mean. whoever has it may not be king over khabib but they're definitely king of whomever is remaining there.

Willie and Bangkok ready d1 like this.
  12. Fatality Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

A title always feels undervalued when a reigning champion retires without losing the belt. Happened when GSP retired too.

13. Bangkok ready d1 Brown Belt

I get it, but i think this oegit champion won't be any of the guys that are on the top now, probably some new prospect that will come in 2-3 years. Unfortunately guys like conor, dustin, justin will be seem as poor man's khabib since they all have lost to him in a pretty bad way, I could see tony becoming a legit champion if he's able to defeit gaethje in a rematch, truth be told he was always perceived to be the first or second best fighter of the division

14. Bangkok ready d1 Brown Belt

And thats why dana was mad, at least many people tough he lost against hendricks so it was not hard to get a legit champ at ww at the time, but khabib was just so dominant that any guy that comes now will be perceived as a "fake champ"

15. Dmac07 Orange Belt

The 155 title will be undervalued to me until someone who Khabib hasn't beat has it.

If Gaejthe, Dustin or Conor get it, it will feel like a bit of a false title to me.

MassDebater likes this.
  16. eatu4tea Yellow Belt

The feeling will dissipate when Dustin sends mcnuggets to the shadow realm in January.

17. TapSnapBreak Fossil Griffin Belt

Ya I actually do. If Jones didn't vacate no one would have beat him

The lhw belt is forever jones`s <JonesDXSuckIt>

18. Jojomojo Purple Belt

Nope. Still a super deep division with atleast some fighters that couldve troubled Khabib.
    Hopefully they will book Tony for a title eliminator on the Poirier/Conor card.

19. GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

Whenever a champ retires or moves up in weightclass, yeah, the new champ will always have a veil of illegitimacy.

IMO, Welterweight champs have always had that veil after GSP retired from 170. Would each of the champs have beaten GSP in his prime? I doubt it.

20. daniel san Black Belt

Yes. LW has some seriously skilled guys in the division, but Khabib proved that he is way ahead all of them. As for LHW, it has been on a continous decline for years. Jones used to be a bit like Khabib, several steps ahead of the #1 contender, but in his last couple of outings he has not looked as good. Now that he, Cormier and prime Gus have left the division, we're left with someone like Jan who's the current champ. For a short while, we had the likes of Santos and Smith who had some success in a seriously declining division - rewind 2-3 years and they'd barely (especially not Smith) reach the lower end of the top 10 ranking.