Do you all still consider Luke Rockhold to be the best MW?

He will be now. That was his GSP / Serra, Luke will get the belt back and defend for a few years till like 2020 lol... i actually mostly believe that too.

Lol no it wasnt. Vitor ktfo of him a few fights back before Bisping knocked his ass out.

GSP was only finished by strikes once via fluke Haymarker.

There are so many assassins at mw that's it's going to be hard for any one of them to dominate for a long period of time .

Saying that I think Jacare is the guy most would like to avoid

I see Rockhold as the best, yes. I believe he'll regain the belt and maybe get a few defenses.

I think it was and still is Weidman. He beats Luke in a rematch and i dont see anyone else in the top 10 beating him aside from maybe Jacare

He's probably the best fighter. I do wonder about his ability to take hard shots, though.

I don't want to seem like I'm jumping the gun here, but when a fighter has 3 losses- all via 1st-rd (t)KO/KO- it's fair to doubt his chin. I think he's healthy, but it's a recurring problem of his. It makes me wonder how serious it is and how it might get worse later in his careee.

I still consider him the best, as of now...

Lol no it wasnt. Vitor ktfo of him a few fights back before Bisping knocked his ass out.

GSP was only finished by strikes once via fluke Haymarker.

The Vitor kick was a spectacular kick from a high level striker. Bisping had no business beating Rockhold who fought sloppy and over confident.

Rockhold was never on Romeros level.

I think Jacare, Romero, Rockhold and Weidman could all beat one another on a given day. I think they're all better than Bisping but Rockhold deservedly lost to him because he was arrogant as hell and didn't take him seriously. It wasn't luck though.

I'd say pre USADA Weidman was the best, have to see how he comes back though with modern testing.
I could see Bisping beating any of them though. If he can avoid getting taken down he could outstrike Jacare and Weidman, Vitor looks like an easy fight these days, and hes already beat Rockhold. Mousasi is the only guy I really can't see him beating, but he has to get into a position to get a shot first

His is the best at 185. I have him just behind cruz in terms of well-rounded fighters. If DC wasn't the champ I think he could challenge for the 205 title too.

I would have loved to see Bones vs Rockhold.

He was humbled by bisping. No different to how GSP was to Serra and Conor by Nate. He'll be back. Weidman and Jacare are his closest rivals. Yoel behind that, and Whittaker after that.

Can anyone beat Rockhold at 185 without getting lucky?

"getting lucky"

Vitor%2BBelfort%2Bspinning%2Bback%2Bheel%2Bkick%2Bvs.%2Bknocks%2Bout%2BLuke%2BRockhold.gif

Probably Ghey Jesus or Jacare, but definitely not Rockhold. That said, Bisping is the Champ and I, for one, am willing to give the guy his due. He earned it. Rockhold is easily top 5, but you can't be the best when you got KTFO in your last fight. Same goes for Weidman.

Hes a great fighter but he was never the best mw was he? I know he had the title but the ufc title is like wwe at this point anyway

His is the best at 185. I have him just behind cruz in terms of well-rounded fighters. If DC wasn't the champ I think he could challenge for the 205 title too.

I would have loved to see Bones vs Rockhold.

He was humbled by bisping. No different to how GSP was to Serra and Conor by Nate. He'll be back. Weidman and Jacare are his closest rivals. Yoel behind that, and Whittaker after that.
DJ is the most well rounded fighter in the ufc by miles.

At this point, it's hard to say. It looks like a four-horse race between Luke, Weidman, Romero, and Jacare. On any given night, I could see any of these guys beating the others. If they all fought each other multiple times, I'd guess that Weidman comes out with the most wins. But we won't truly know until the matches happen.

Luke vs. Romero and Weidman vs. Jacare sound good right about now.

Back