Do you agree with this top 10 all-time WW list

Dave Menne is not a good win and I pared down that list to include fights that were contested below 180lbs.
WHOOPS

Shields's resume really isn't that thick when you only count the fights that were actually at 170 (or 175 in the case of the ROTR tourney).

I was gunna say "what about a prime Gomi" but he is at 155. Nick has really only won against people who are smaller than him
Plus Daley who almost knocked Diaz out twice in one round and was ranked like #10 at WW when they fought, but yeah. The guy really has very few good wins although you'd be hard pressed to make a diehard Diaz fan understand that.

Hendricks at 3? GTFO

Um...the guy is basically unbeaten: a split decision didn't go his way, and he didn't lose to GSP. On top of that, he's laid out a number of the top 10, and he beat Condit more convincingly than GSP. Anyone not putting Hendricks in the top 5 is hating, and who do you put in front of him, Shields...???

Um...the guy is basically unbeaten: a split decision didn't go his way, and he didn't lose to GSP. On top of that, he's laid out a number of the top 10, and he beat Condit more convincingly than GSP. Anyone not putting Hendricks in the top 5 is hating, and who do you put in front of him, Shields...???
He certainly didn't beat him either, but regardless, a hard-fought draw with the GOAT of your weight division isn't exactly something to feel shame over.

Ummm as far as I can tell BJ has only ever won 2 fights at WW in his career, not sure how that warrants him being a top 10 all time WW..........

Hendricks did not beat Condit more convincingly than GSP. No one questioned whether GSP won or not. It wasn't close. Hendricks won a razor thin decision against Condit & many thought if it went 5 rounds Carlos would've won.

Plus Daley who almost knocked Diaz out twice in one round and was ranked like #10 at WW when they fought, but yeah. The guy really has very few good wins although you'd be hard pressed to make a diehard Diaz fan understand that.

You're a clown.

Hendricks did not beat Condit more convincingly than GSP. No one questioned whether GSP won or not. It wasn't close. Hendricks won a razor thin decision against Condit & many thought if it went 5 rounds Carlos would've won.
This plus Condit clearly won if you score reversals and damages over successful takedown attempts. There was a point where Hendricks just started taking Condit down over and over again solely because he knew it would score.

lol at these people not thinking hendricks is #3. He should honestly be #2 since he'd destroy hughes in his prime, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. nostalgia doesn't determine an all time ranking, rather how well they would do against each other. Half of these lists are filled with people who wouldn't make top 10 in the WW division today, even if they were in their prime.

1. GSP
2. Royce Gracie - fought @ 176
3. Sakuraba - fought at 167
4. Matt Hughes
5. Johnny Hendricks
6. Carlos Newton
7. Carlos Condit
8. Robbie Lawler
9. Pat Militech
10. Jake Shields

lol at these people not thinking hendricks is #3. He should honestly be #2 since he'd destroy hughes in his prime, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. nostalgia doesn't determine an all time ranking, rather how well they would do against each other. Half of these lists are filled with people who wouldn't make top 10 in the WW division today, even if they were in their prime.

Your accomplishments is what matters not hypothetical fantasy matchups.

I find it funny Hendricks fans like to claim he beat GSP but ignore the close SD wins Hendricks got against Kos and Pierce.

Miletich?

My thoughts exactly. He may not have had a ton of highlights, and naysayers can easily point to quality of opponents to try and discredit him, but he belongs in the "All Time WW" discussion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back