Do you agree with this top 10 all-time WW list

-Both wrestlefucked Condit
-Both beat Lawler
-Hendricks did better against GSP
-Hendricks KO'd Kampmann, Shields barely won

Explain.
Both lost against GSP.
Both beat Lawler, Condit, and Kampmann.

At WW, Shields also beat impressive WWs such as: Sakurai, Okami, Pyle, Daley, Woodley, and Maia.

At WW, Hendricks also beat impressive WWs such as: Pierce, Fitch, and Koscheck.

Seems pretty clear to me. Jake's WW resume is retard strong.

Both lost against GSP.
Both beat Lawler, Condit, and Kampmann.

At WW, Shields also beat impressive WWs such as: Sakurai, Okami, Pyle, Daley, Woodley, and Maia.

At WW, Hendricks also beat impressive WWs such as: Pierce, Fitch, and Koscheck.

Seems pretty clear to me. Jake's WW resume is retard strong.

Agreed. Shields should be higher, Miletich belongs in there as well and Fitch has zero business on the list. He's maybe a top 20 WW.

Hendricks at 3 is laughable

1. GSP
2. Hughes
3. Hendricks
4. Shields
5. Condit
6. Sakurai
7. Fitch
8. Penn
9. Diaz
10. Lawler

I can't say I disagree that much. Put Militech at 8, bump Penn off.... Maybe reverse Shields and Hendricks.... That probably would be my list. Koscheck and Alves just haven't done enough recently to crack it.

At first, I laughed at the idea of having Johnny as high as 3, but then I thought about it and considered who all he's beaten (GSP, Fitch, Lawler, etc.), and it actually makes sense.

Too bad he lost to GSP.....

1. GSP
2. Hughes
3. Miletech (he had a number of defenses)
4. Hendricks
5. BJ Penn
6. Matt Serra
7. Carlos "The fig" Newton
8. Jake Shields maybe
9. Carlos Condit
10. Diaz or Fitch, but I would lean towards Diaz because at least he had belts in other orgs

hendricks at 3? its too soon, way too soon

-Both wrestlefucked Condit
-Both beat Lawler
-Hendricks did better against GSP
-Hendricks KO'd Kampmann, Shields barely won

Explain.

Shields has wins over:
-Dave Menne (I'm probably gonna get laughed at).
-Yushin Okami
-Carlos Condit
-Paul Daley
-Robbie Lawler
-Jason Miller
-Dan Henderson
-Martin Kampmann
-Akiyama
-Tyron Woodley
-Damian Maia
Yea he only finished two of those dudes, but still,quality wins over quality opponents. LMAO :)

Hendricks, Penn and Lawler have no business being on this list.

Penn has no business being on the list. But no Hendricks and Lawler? Both of them have better wins at WW in the last few years then Nick and Fitch have in there entire careers.

Nicks best WW wins are old Penn and Daley (the Lawler he beat 10 years ago is not half the fighter he is today)

Fitch's best wins are a split decision over Diego and an Alves that had just come of brain surgery and came in looking like a shell of his former self

Lawler and especially Hendricks deserve the top 10 more then Nick and Fitch

Diaz is more of a personality with a following than an actual top fighter. His best win is over an out of his prime 145 pounder, who dominated the first round, then wore out in the second. Diaz has lost to Joe Riggs, Diego Sanchez, Sean Sherk, Karo Parisyan, and Jeremy Jackson. At his very best as a fighter he split fights against KJ Noons, who is barely a top 20 ranked 155er, and he barely pulled out the fight he won. He has never beaten a legit welterweight, who was in his prime and in the top 15. He's an enigmatic figure, but has never really been a top fighter, he couldn't even win a round when he got a title shot.

You know mma history is shallow when you see some of the guys in the top 10.

Diaz is more of a personality with a following than an actual top fighter. His best win is over an out of his prime 145 pounder, who dominated the first round, then wore out in the second. Diaz has lost to Joe Riggs, Diego Sanchez, Sean Sherk, Karo Parisyan, and Jeremy Jackson. At his very best as a fighter he split fights against KJ Noons, who is barely a top 20 ranked 155er, and he barely pulled out the fight he won. He has never beaten a legit welterweight, who was in his prime and in the top 15. He's an enigmatic figure, but has never really been a top fighter, he couldn't even win a round when he got a title shot.

I was gunna say "what about a prime Gomi" but he is at 155. Nick has really only won against people who are smaller than him

Shields has wins over:
-Yushin Okami
-Carlos Condit
-Paul Daley
-Martin Kampmann
-Tyron Woodley
-Damian Maia
Yea he only finished two of those dudes, but still,quality wins over quality opponents. LMAO :)
Dave Menne is not a good win and I pared down that list to include fights that were contested below 170lbs.

Back