Media Do you agree with this Boxing reporter? Says Pacquiao is cherry picking Thurman

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He is pretty consistent on his views on Manny Pacquiao, for years after every fight he said Pacman is cherry picking and always takes the easy fight. He said he will never praise Pacquiao to please the colonizers basically the nut huggers and said this is the easiest route for Manny. He goes to different boxing events and interviews fighters for youtube he gets press passes so he is legit. He does have a point Thurman will have more to lose he better bring his A game

updated new video from him

He said Pac broner could have been a draw and commentators said Broner won

He dropped another video going in on Fortune and Pac

Last edited:
Another @TidWell thread criticizing Pacquiao. Yawn.

Anyway, Pac is 40. To pretend that fighting a 31 yrs old, undefeated world champ with the best record available at WW besides his own would be cherry picking is flat-out moronic.

Last edited:
In a way but only because they said they were waiting to see how Garcia looked in his fight and chose Thurman after Garcia looked great.

Thurman is going to beat him anyway.

In a way but only because they said they were waiting to see how Garcia looked in his fight and chose Thurman after Garcia looked great.

Thurman is going to beat him anyway.
Thurman is brimming with confidence this was taken this morning right before the presser

Thurman isn't the best guy in the division but he's 29-0 and 10 years younger than Manny. At this stage Pac could take a couple easy fights for the money and retire but is still taking big fights.

Thurman isn't the best guy in the division but he's 29-0 and 10 years younger than Manny. At this stage Pac could take a couple easy fights for the money and retire but is still taking big fights.
He beat shawn porter and danny garcia, so if we go by Stats he is superior to errol and crawford in the division and is pretty much the young lion to beat.

First, at 40 he can cherry pick. Second, this isn’t who’d I’d cherry pick if I was Manny

First, at 40 he can cherry pick. Second, this isn’t who’d I’d cherry pick if I was Manny

Man thurman looked massive compared to manny, manny must really be tiny thurman is only five foot seven, pac is what five five? I just watched the presser face off i wonder how much thurman weighs he was pretty thick, thurman hits pretty freaking hard that josesito fight is misleading i think he will get up for this fight

If its an attempted cherry pick its a pretty damn stupid one. Thurman has every chance to win.
Well on paper thurman is the man in the division, but because he got rocked by lopez and had a long layoff he is a cherry pick in that sense? All these guys hit harder than anyone pacman has fought, thurman, garcia, spence and porter so i think they are all pretty dangerous for old man manny, thurman hits pretty hard to drop a guy like lopez who has a durable chin.

Manny shouldn't catch flack if he wanted to box Rhonda Rousey. He's 40 and has given us plenty of wars. And yet instead of going for a soft touch he's going for one of the top, in his prime WWs in the division.

Cherry pick is not the right term here. Manny is old and Thurman is an undefeated 30-year old world champ in his prime.

That being said, the timing is a little suspect: Thurman hasn't finished anyone in 4 years and is coming off a lackluster close decision against a guy he should have blown out of the water.

I imagine Manny is thinking if Josesito can do that well against Thurman, maybe Manny still has enough to pull out a big win.

Cherry pick is not the right term here. Manny is old and Thurman is an undefeated 30-year old world champ in his prime.

That being said, the timing is a little suspect: Thurman hasn't finished anyone in 4 years and is coming off a lackluster close decision against a guy he should have blown out of the water.

I imagine Manny is thinking if Josesito can do that well against Thurman, maybe Manny still has enough to pull out a big win.
Yeah they might have saw that Lopez fight and saw that he got rocked as a reason for taking it.

The only thing is Thurman looked exactly like the Thurman in his last 3 fights before the lay off same to me, just that he got rocked by Lopez. But he looked the same to me.

Thurman basically runs now in the ring he tries to lure you in and throw a very sneaky power shot if you try to walk him down.

He moved and boxed against Garcia and Porter and would do his hook exchange from time to time.

Thurman is a hard hitter though, if I were to rank the power of the PBC top dogs Danny Garcia hits the hardest, then Id say Thurman and Spence are tied, Spence couldn't even take out a bloated lightweight in Mikey and was hitting him flush over and over, and then Porter, Porter is more of a mauler type like with strong physical strength.

From what I read Haymon made Pacman vs Thurman for a reason because he wants the winner to face Spence vs Porter winner in a huge title unification super fight on FOX PPV.

He beat shawn porter and danny garcia, so if we go by Stats he is superior to errol and crawford in the division and is pretty much the young lion to beat.
I wouldn't argue that his record is one of if not th best at WW, I just personally believe Spence and Crawford are better than him. Still this is a huge challenge for Manny at this stage. Tougher than Broner or Vargas.

Last edited:
I wouldn't argue that his record is on of if not th best at WW, I just personally believe Spence and Crawford are better than him. Still this is a huge challenge for Manny at this stage. Tougher than Broner or Vargas.

Its funny because before it was Thruman and Spence, now its Crawford and spence, thats what a two year layoff does, thats why in your prime you gotta keep fighting to stay relevant in the mix

This is not a cherry pick. You don't fight undefeated in their prime fighters in at a weight several times beyond your natural weight class when you are 40 years old. Let's get some perspective here. He's taking a fight he could very well lose. I mean he couldn't even beat Jeff Horn not that long ago. This could easily go wrong for Manny.

How anyone can say Pacquiao is a cherrypicker at this point is beyond me, he's still fighting ranked guys for titles and Thurman is legit it's not like he's fighting a green Lipinets who just transitioned from another sport, I mean come on the guy even wanted to fight Lomachenko and Loma is the one who turned down the fight.

Boxing Conor would be cherry picking. Thurman ain't no cherry for sure.

He is pretty consistent on his views on Manny Pacquiao, for years after every fight he said Pacman is cherry picking and always takes the easy fight. He said he will never praise Pacquiao to please the colonizers basically the nut huggers and said this is the easiest route for Manny. He goes to different boxing events and interviews fighters for youtube he gets press passes so he is legit. He does have a point Thurman will have more to lose he better bring his A game

That just sounds like an excuse. It just sounds like he is a Manny Pacquiao hater. So should he get respect just because he is consistent with his hatred?

Thurman is a top three champion at 147, so what's he talking about and if Manny was prime he would destroy this man within 6 rounds from punishment like he did against Cotto.

Back