Do you agree with the UFC's current P4P Rankings?

P4P is imaginary

Name me one MMA-related ranking list that isn't "imaginary". Including your ranking lists or mine. Or divisional rankings made by UFC or anyone else.

Thats basically the point of MMA rankings,its formed by bunch of peoples(or just one persons) votes. Its imaginary yes,every list are. But that doesn't make it any less legit than.... any other list.

I agree with most of it, but think Weidman is nowhere near number 2. Probably not even in the top 10 imo. Anyways, do you agree with this?
Via: UFC.com

WEIGHT CLASS
POUND-FOR-POUND
1 Jose Aldo
2 Chris Weidman
3 Demetrious Johnson
4 Ronda Rousey
5 TJ Dillashaw
6 Fabricio Werdum
7 Robbie Lawler
8 Rafael dos Anjos
9 Daniel Cormier
10 Cain Velasquez
11 Anthony Pettis
12 Conor McGregor
13 Frankie Edgar
14 Johny Hendricks
15 Joanna Jedrzejczyk *NR

Looks like they are really trying to sell 194....not that it needs much selling!

Ronda shouldn't be on the list, let alone at #4.

Come on bro, she's way better than Frankie and Werdum, etc.
We can't let the patriarchy blind us to greatness. Ronda's so good she makes her opponents look like they aren't very skilled or athletically talented. That's gotta count for something.

9a409eb885a3c9bfd8caba84d8d9124c36464aeaf301e7d6e17097c90cdfef2f.jpg

Nah, it's complete promotional bullshit, but I can't respond to it seriously for sanity reasons

I disagree

1. Aldo - great everywhere long time champ
2. Weidman - Very well rounded and has high fight IQ
3. Dos Anjos - The LW Champ is always top 3 P4P IMO because of how well rounded you have to be to even get a title shot much less be the champion(top 20 at LW are all beasts)
4. TJ Dillashaw - Well rounded and on the bleeding edge of MMA striking
5. Might Mouse - Great all around fighter

Ronda being ahead of TJ is stupid since they fight in the same weight class which would mean people think that she is more skilled that TJ and that is asinine.

I don't agree with p4p in general.

Matter fact lets get rid of weight classes since everyone abuses the fuck out of it anyways.

Everyone fights everyone.

Name me one MMA-related ranking list that isn't "imaginary". Including your ranking lists or mine. Or divisional rankings made by UFC or anyone else.

Thats basically the point of MMA rankings,its formed by bunch of peoples(or just one persons) votes. Its imaginary yes,every list are. But that doesn't make it any less legit than.... any other list.

Divisional rankings at least have some system and can be pretty close to accurate.

P4p is just a big joke of different fans arguing that "their" favorite fighter should be rank higher, knowing it can never be proven because he never has to fight that champion of a higher or lower weight class.

#1. Fabricio Werdum

The rest doesn't matter.

TJ shouldn't be above Werdum, RDA, or Lawler, maybe not even above DC and Joanna. The guy still only has beaten 1 quality opponent and we're supposed to be sold on him being an established champion let alone top 5? Come on.

Aldo
Ronda
Mighty Mouse
Weidman
Werdum
RDA
Lawler
DC
Joanna
TJ

Not a hater either, just that nobody else on the list has ONE top opponent on their resume.

It's p4p. Who cares?

P4P is based upon arbitrary criteria anyway. Heck, even actual divisional rankings are kind of wishy washy and those are supposed to be based on actual fight results. SI has Rousey as #1. The UFC has Rousey as #4. Bloody Elbow doesn't even include Rousey in P4P. None of them are right or wrong.

It's all a MARKETING gimmick.

It's p4p. Who cares?

P4P is based upon arbitrary criteria anyway. Heck, even actual divisional rankings are kind of wishy washy and those are supposed to be based on actual fight results. SI has Rousey as #1. The UFC has Rousey as #4. Bloody Elbow doesn't even include Rousey in P4P. None of them are right or wrong.

It's all a MARKETING gimmick.

I guess they're not that interested in marketing RDA, Lawler, Cormier or Jedrjezcyzk lol.

I stopped after you said Weidman doesn't deserve to be in the top 10.

Jones should be #1

Ronda would toss MM like a garden gnome 10 out of every 10 times and should be above him

Joanna would turn MM's face into pomegranate 10 out of every 10 times and should be above him

Conor should be above Aldo since Conor has the real belt

Dang man if you wanted some attention you should have just asked. We're here for you sherbro

Mighty over Weidman.

Cormier above Lawler. Cormier is underrated because Jon Jones is so damn good.

Rousey should be at least below all UFC champs. All UFC champs climbed a hellacious mountain to get to where they are, and should not be below someone that is the best of a sub 1000 person talent pool.

Back