Do you agree with the UFC's current P4P Rankings?

The UFC is in a weird state of flux at the moment because most of their champions aren't "tenured," and this throws of the rankings because we can't easily identify them as the best fighter in their own weight class, and this makes any p4p list look weird. Look at this list

Aldo: 7 defenses (not "current" belt-holder...)
DJ: 6 defenses
Ronda: 6 defenses
Weidman: 3 defenses
TJ: 2 defenses
Lawler: 1 defense
Werdum: 0 defenses
RDA: 0 defenses
DC: 0 defenses (and paper champ)

You can make legitimate arguments that 4-5 of these champs are not the best in their weight class at the moment. Only Aldo, DJ, Ronda, Chris, and TJ have those spots locked up.

Really.....not current belt holder? Please....

Conor is favored to beat Aldo so he should be ranked higher. Pound for pound should not reflect body of work. It should reflect the best fighters at this point in time.

And how do you suggest that be determined?

I agree with most of it, but think Weidman is nowhere near number 2. Probably not even in the top 10 imo. Anyways, do you agree with this?
Via: UFC.com

WEIGHT CLASS
POUND-FOR-POUND
1 Jose Aldo
2 Chris Weidman
3 Demetrious Johnson
4 Ronda Rousey
5 TJ Dillashaw
6 Fabricio Werdum
7 Robbie Lawler
8 Rafael dos Anjos
9 Daniel Cormier
10 Cain Velasquez
11 Anthony Pettis
12 Conor McGregor
13 Frankie Edgar
14 Johny Hendricks
15 Joanna Jedrzejczyk *NR
Wow, are you still salty because Weidman whooped your boys?

Conor is favored to beat Aldo so he should be ranked higher. Pound for pound should not reflect body of work. It should reflect the best fighters at this point in time.

yeah, that's why aldo is ahead of conor

1. It would be better for everyone involved if they separated men and women in these lists. I think Ronda has put WMMA on the map more than any other female fighter, but part of her legacy is going to be this unhealthy habit of comparing her abilities to males. These lists just reinforce that.

2. I used to strongly dislike P4P lists, but I've come around a bit. P4P exists so we can pay proper respect to the skills of smaller fighters. The only time they get out of hand is when they are overemphasized and folks start forgetting that Werdum kills everyone on the roster from at least MW on down.

Jones should be #1

Ronda would toss MM like a garden gnome 10 out of every 10 times and should be above him

Joanna would turn MM's face into pomegranate 10 out of every 10 times and should be above him

Conor should be above Aldo since Conor has the real belt

^ p4p best basement occupier on Sherdog

P4P is the dumbest ranking ever.
It sure is. It's literally based around who your favourite champions are.

The only way this can be objectively measured is if it's based on longest and most impressive title reign.

Otherwise it's completely based around whoever is hyped best.

1. Jones
2. Aldo
3. MM
4. Weidman
5. Dillashaw
6. Lawler
7. dos Anjos
8. Werdum
9. Cruz
10. McGregor
11. Edgar
12. Cormier
13. Hendricks
14. Pettis
15. Velasquez

If we include the women, I'd put Rousey at #1. She is by far the most dominant fighter relative to her competition. JJ would be near the bottom of the top 10.

1. Jones
2. Aldo
3. MM
4. Weidman
5. Dillashaw
6. Lawler
7. dos Anjos
8. Werdum
9. Cruz
10. McGregor
11. Edgar
12. Cormier
13. Hendricks
14. Pettis
15. Velasquez

If we include the women, I'd put Rousey at #1. She is by far the most dominant fighter relative to her competition. JJ would be near the bottom of the top 10.

Relative to her competition should mean she isn't in the top 15 her competition is shit.

how the fuck is pettis on this list? He looked good like 4 years ago, won the belt, got injured, came back, looked like shit, lost the belt and got injured again. I'd put Mir above him right now in a p4p list.

P4P is imaginary, and putting a female on the list only shows just how silly it's getting.

Fabricio Werdum is the best fighter in the world, until someone beats him and then it will be that guy. Then you have the lower weight divisional champions. The end.

Jones should be #1

Ronda would toss MM like a garden gnome 10 out of every 10 times and should be above him

Joanna would turn MM's face into pomegranate 10 out of every 10 times and should be above him

Lol @ ronda and Joanna beating mighty mouse hahahaha hahahaha

Buahahahahaahah

Mwhahaahha

The things shertards say nowadays is better than the Chapelle show

No Rory? Not sure I even agree with Hendricks being on the list. Do not agree with these rankings.

Honestly you could say the same for others though. MM dominates Flyweight, there's only one guy who has sorta been competitive. Aldo's in the same position, at least for the last 9 years. Weidman's only really had issues with Maia and on less than 2 week notice, and beat the then-GOAT twice (technically). Though you can say there's more people who can potentially beat those guys than Ronda has in WBW, we can't conclusively say Ronda's unbeatable in her division either. We have to go by results. I do actually agree with her being in the top 4 because of her status there, but I don't think it's fair to move her above those guys without her competition being on the level the others have fought, even though that's not her fault.

@bolded, perfectly said.

sherdoggers dont understand this.

also women should have their own list.

1. Jones
2. mcgregor
3. Aldo
4. MM
5. Weidman
6. Dillashaw
7. Lawler
8. dos Anjos
9. Cruz
10. Edgar
11. Werdum
12. Cormier
13. Hendricks
14. Pettis
15. Velasquez

I agree with most of it, but think Weidman is nowhere near number 2. Probably not even in the top 10 imo. Anyways, do you agree with this?
I guess it depends on what you are basing the list on. Are they basing it on the fighters overall skill level or something else?

The only way you can have Ronda on that list is if you base it on divisional dominance, which is a pretty pointless way of doing it (yes even more pointless than what P4P already is). Because being dominant doesn't mean that you are a great fighter, it just means that you are better than the rest of your division, which is a lot easier for Ronda to be than for any male fighter.

Ronda's placement on that list becomes pretty silly if they've based on skill level, because what they are actually saying in that case is that Ronda would win if she stepping into the cage against TJ Dillashaw or Barao since she is above them on the list and they are fighting at the same weight as her.

Hell no

Weidman #1
Then Lawler

Jones was #1 but he sadly gone for now.

Jones should be #1

Lmao all of these are wrong,maybe except the Ronda-MM one but maybe

Back