Do you agree with the statment that "Carwin won't be an underdog against Overeem"?

Schaub says these ridiculous things in a desperate attempt to stay relevant and make people talk about him.
You're making it work.

With 5XL hands he can probably knockout anyone anytime lol

But I would give him less than 15% against Reem Today

Even prime roided Carwin would have little chance against someone like Overeem. Old, roidless, injury riddled, 5 years inactive Carwin gets shitstomped.
No,

Carwin and any HW always has a decent chance against Overeem. I am a big fan but his chin and heart are simply not there - one clean jab from Carwin and Overeem would be chasing fairies.

The new Calcureem should be able to keep his distance however and win but I would have put all the money in the world on Carwin sleeping Overeem in the first if they fought 5-6 years ago.

Also, Schaub is retarded.

Schaub has to host an MMA podcast with an actor so he can appear to be an authority on the subject.

The guy changes his view in hindsight and acts like he knew exactly what was going to happen despite saying the exact opposite in the lead up, take Holm v Rousey,

He was saying before the fight it was a waste of a match up, Rousey was going to wreck her, wasn't even a competition,

After he was like "man, it's Holly Holmes (wasn't even pronouncing her name correctly) shes one of the best strikers ever, I said Rondas striking wasn't good enough, I knew she wasnt going to win"

Another time on a fight companion he was talking about Hendricks dominating Thompson with his wrestling, Thompson gets the TKO and Schaub starts saying "I told you bro"

I wish Schaub made the Vegas odds, we could all make a fortune.

lol @ all you thinking overeem will beat Carwin. Carwin would put overeem to sleep in 2 mins

All the people in the thread who a) Think Carwin coming back would beat Reem or b) Listen to Schaubs show

You are wrong

41 years old, USADA, major back surgery. No.

Carwin looks like a LHW now.
Shane%20Carwin..%20I%20think%20he%20may%20incorporate%20this%20into%20the%20work-out.jpg.f940072e.jpg

Based on his win over who? Mir? Gonzaga? Cmon.
Reem has a glass chin that's why . Remember how much JDS hit Carwin and wasn't able to knock him out? He just needs one punch to knock out Reem

41 years old, USADA, major back surgery. No.

Carwin looks like a LHW now.
Shane%20Carwin..%20I%20think%20he%20may%20incorporate%20this%20into%20the%20work-out.jpg.f940072e.jpg

Dang he looks absolutely terrible. He could make 185 now. He was never a natural HW that is for sure. His legs are toothpicks.

Carwin was severely overrated when he was fighting. I think he only had what 2 top 10 wins in his career? Zag and Mur? Even then Zag was lighting him up bad before catching him with the TKO. I remember comparing him to Rogers at the time. Point is......Fuck No. Schaub is an idiot.

Carwin was severely overrated when he was fighting. I think he only had what 2 top 10 wins in his career? Zag and Mur? Even then Zag was lighting him up bad before catching him with the TKO. I remember comparing him to Rogers at the time. Point is......Fuck No. Schaub is an idiot.

then how do you see this fight go?

Schaub made a statement that even TODAY, the 41 year old, spine broken, full of injuries, without peds Shane Carwin won't be an underdog against overeem?

I mean, really? Also last time he fought was 5 or 6 years ago.

Carwin could always catch Overeem but no one knows how good Carwin actually was.

Carwin only has 1 career top 10 win (against Mir)

His only other good win was against Top 15 Gonzaga who hurt him in the fight

The rest of his wins were against low level guys

Overeem would be the favorite...clearly

Anyone knows if he got his shit fixed up or what? That makes a difference. 5 or 6 years can do a lot for a body if he was smart. If he actually spent that time healing and actually staying somewhat in the gym and avoiding wars I'd say it's more plausible. There is the Colorado connection. Perhaps Abu Schaubi knows something we don't.

Hell no
A lot has changed in the UFC since Carwin left.
The last time he fought in the UFC, Palhares was still a top contender in the MW division and TJ Grant was next in line for the LW belt.
That's right! TJ Grant! Remember him?

Back