Do you agree the Jones cocaine story is the most overblown non-story in mma history?

To me it is a non story. To me drugs like pot and cocaine are no different than a fighter having a beer or something. Shouldn't be done probably during a camp but doesn't help the fighter at all so who cares?

If they dont do anything about JJ's positive coke test, they shouldnt do anything about, and reimburse/apologize/etc., fighters who tested positive for marijuana metabolites in the after fight test. If it is just metabolites, not active ingredients, they werent using it "in competition", which seems to be the reason why most people think JJ's coke bust is a non-story.

Moral police, much ado about nothing. MMA blogers just have nothing else to talk about and want clicks. Yes/No

Except the real purpose of the cocaine addiction was to cover up the potential PED use.

no but diaz getting suspended for some weed was.

You literally look more retarded with every comment you make, when he attacked and beat senseless his girlfriend and goes prison for it, how is that overblown?

I literally don't know if you're a troll or just a flat out moron.

It's a horrible thing, but War Machine is nothing in the MMA world.

But, yeah, TS, Jones partying a little isn't a story at all. If he really has a problem (and isn't just checking in to rehab to manage the publicity), that's a little bit of a story.

Yeah it probably is. I bet you Chuck did tons of blow....WITH Dana.

Moral police, much ado about nothing. MMA blogers just have nothing else to talk about and want clicks. Yes/No

Who would've thought a good boy like Jones would be doing coke? Lol at moral police.

The story isn't just his cocaine use.

It's the shadiness behind the tests in general and several weeks of his tests coming back with extremely depleted testosterone levels.

And this

It goes to show how boring MMA's scandals are compared to other sports.

These guys seem to mostly just train and fight.

Im just glad he didnt do any of the hard drugs like marijuana, or else he could have been suspended.

Agreed. I believe that's because cannabis is a toxic plant, that makes you go insane.

But cocaine is synthetic drug, much like medicine we take, so it's no big deal.

This would be font page national news in any other sport

Not unless it was a bag of coke a hotel room and a dead stripper other than that nobody really cares about a rich athlete doing booger sugar in their off time. Accept his haters and even they really don't care, but because it's Jon it's a issue that needs to be blown-up.

Yep, I think that's dropped off the news now though.

People have very short attention spans. Jones and the UFC just aren't big enough news that people care that much in the first place. Meanwhile we're still talking about the two bad calls for and against Dallas in this year's playoffs.

Not unless it was a bag of coke a hotel room and a dead stripper other than that nobody really cares about a rich athlete doing booger sugar in their off time. Accept his haters and even they really don't care, but because it's Jon it's a issue that needs to be blown-up.

Lol, you believe that bullshit?

If Crosby or LeBron got nailed with a random test for coke it would be 100x the story. There would be pull out sections in your local news papers on it.

aye dont care in the slightest. He was clean when he fought.

the question is, after one day of rehab, is Bones over blow?

One of the top 2-3 names in MMA gets popped on a test for coke and some people don't think that's newsworthy? K.

No, not even close. The only legit reason to say that is because you dislike that Jones is getting some heat for something that's a fact.

I don't follow, how is a MMA fighter beating the ever-loving shit out of a woman, and going to jail, an "overblown non-story"?
It's a nobody beating the ever-loving shit out of a nobody. Domestic violence is never a good thing, but it's only national news-worthy when a real celebrity is involved.

Back