Opinion Do you actually think that CNN is "fake news"?

No I'm a huge fan of the squad. I wish the squad had taken over congress(if you're referring to AOC, Pressley and those other 2 congresswoman whose names escape me right now). Progressive movement was a big part of getting them elected through justice democrats and they were the few that broke through last cycle. That was a hope long before though.

And no the rational person would draw in moderates cause sadly the left, right divide has made Americans identify the center as reasonable. When the center really means probably the most morally flexible and the most willing to sell out cause one doesn't actually have a world view of their own except straddling a fence to not piss people off.

So, you’re totally ok with Talibs blatantly racist comments about white cops?

Omar’s multiple instances of fraud?

I get it, you like the policies, not the people. Just don’t get too attached, they will all lose their next election.

No I'm a huge fan of the squad. I wish the squad had taken over congress(if you're referring to AOC, Pressley and those other 2 congresswoman whose names escape me right now). Progressive movement was a big part of getting them elected through justice democrats and they were some of the few(there are a handful more who did not receive that label for stupid identity politic reasons) that broke through last cycle. That was a hope long before though. They ran out some horrible conservative Dems to get those seats.

And no the rational person would draw in moderates cause sadly the left, right divide has made Americans identify the center as reasonable. When the center really means probably the most morally flexible and the most willing to sell out cause one doesn't actually have a world view of their own except straddling a fence to not piss people off.

stop being wrong. It’s not a good look

Highest % of liberals watch CNN. But but but liberals hate CNN lol

The poll shows that liberals get their news from a variety of sources while half of conservatives stare at Fox News all day.

So if conservatives got their news from a variety of shitty sources that means they would magically be more educated? The issue with Fox is not it being the only source(and it really isn't, Fox wasn't even a majority on your poll, there's many other conservative sources that are typically worse) it's the content. Corporate media isn't good just because they spread their misinformation through more platforms. How tf does that make any sense?

There's a lot of grey area in there.

Some of what CNN does is straight up fake news.

Some of what they do is grey-area super biased.

And some of what they do is great journalism.

I've seen plenty of examples of all 3, and I've seen FOX and MSNBC do all three, too.

The question I find more poignant is where does entertainment end and journalism begin? That's a line that we've seen continually blurred over the years.

Short answer: Yes.

That answer applies to every media outlet that is considered mainstream.

There's a lot of grey area in there.

Some of what CNN does is straight up fake news.

Some of what they do is grey-area super biased.

And some of what they do is great journalism.

I've seen plenty of examples of all 3, and I've seen FOX and MSNBC do all three, too.

The question I find more poignant is where does entertainment end and journalism begin? That's a line that we've seen continually blurred over the years.

This is very similar to what my long answer would be. Thanks for articulating it.

So, you’re totally ok with Talibs blatantly racist comments about white cops?

Omar’s multiple instances of fraud?

I get it, you like the policies, not the people. Just don’t get too attached, they will all lose their next election.

I don't think Talibs comments were racist.

And see the Omar allegedly marrying her brother stories as typical swiftboating.

But yes policies not the people is the point. If we start focusing on people, leaves room for identity politics, "who you'd rather have a beer with" etc which is a huge danger.

Probably 3 out of 4 win. Over under(all 4 win or 2-2 wouldn't surprise me). AOC and Omar are insanely popular in their districts(AOC didn't win with many votes now that prolly gets brought up saying she's very popular NOW and that in NYC those conditions people cite are the norm, that wasn't an aberration just winning usually never requires a lot of votes). Pressley and Talib. Maybe. We'll see.

And when I say CNN is conservative fake news their bias comes across in very different ways than say Fox does. Fox will report stories with blatant conservative bias. CNN shows their conservative bias with their story selection and the omission/suppression of liberal stories from the news cycle.

And see the Omar allegedly marrying her brother stories as typical swiftboating.

But yes policies not the people is the point. If we start focusing on people, leaves room for identity politics, "who you'd rather have a beer with" etc which is a huge danger.

Probably 3 out of 4 win. Over under(all 4 win or 2-2 wouldn't surprise me). AOC and Omar are insanely popular in their districts(AOC didn't win with many votes now that prolly gets brought up saying she's very popular NOW and that in NYC those conditions people cite are the norm, that wasn't an aberration just winning usually never requires a lot of votes). Pressley and Talib. Maybe. We'll see.

RIP Minneapolis

Hate to go OT,

You don’t think talib saying “white cops can’t tell black people apart”, is racist?

Cuz, that’s racist.

Hate to go OT,

You don’t think talib saying “white cops can’t tell black people apart”, is racist?

Cuz, that’s racist.

I mean it really isn't.

Racism is prejudice plus power. And sterotypes (thus not being able to tell people apart) is at the core of this issue. Nothing remotely controversial about those comments.

I mean it really isn't.

Racism is prejudice plus power. And sterotypes (thus not being able to tell people apart) is at the core of this issue. Nothing remotely controversial about those comments.

Wow, and just when I thought you were a sane person.

Racism, is when you hate someone because of the color of their skin. You’ve clearly wasted you money having your head filled with nonsense by nutty progressives.

Literally, the only people that think that is the definition of racism, are the bottom feeding, do nothings who profit off racial divisions.

Plus, news flash, the last president was black.

They’re not going to be able to answer this they just like shouting fake news. If it’s mean to daddy, then it’s fake.

Fake News is the pedestrian term for propaganda. Fox, CNN and MSNBC are the three biggest culprits of producing propaganda based content.

There is a definitive science used by all three to illicit an emotional response from viewer watching the wall screen.

Sadly a large majority of the active posters on this forum are victims to this technology, and they don’t even know it.

Go ahead, quote me. You are the case in point.

MSM seems biased to the left on social issues and to the right on economic issues to me.

Maybe but what do you think about this?

Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again

Wow, and just when I thought you were a sane person.

Racism, is when you hate someone because of the color of their skin. You’ve clearly wasted you money having your head filled with nonsense by nutty progressives.

Literally, the only people that think that is the definition of racism, are the bottom feeding, do nothings who profit off racial divisions.

Plus, news flash, the last president was black.

That's prejudice.

Half black. And that's just some identity politics stuff you'd expect to hear out of a neolib. Racial progress in this country isn't qualified by simply counting the amount of people of an identity to hold a certain position. By that logic we were as far in the 1870s as we are today, as we had just as many if not more black U.S senators. Many establishment Dems seem to certainly think this though and seem to think that x amount of people of certain identities in government is all that matters.

Back