Opinion Do you actually think that CNN is "fake news"?

I've seen his show a few times, and it's lightweight, inoffensive stuff. He seems like a good guy. Then I see you and others expressing incredibly ugly sentiments about him, and I just ask why, and you refer to me as a white knight for him? It seems like pure hatred of the left has totally warped you guys' minds.

I think the same about Hannity, to be honest. I've seen his show a few times, and he seems very well mannered and respectful, and clearly has integrity as his number one focus at all times. I don't get these ugly and hate filled attacks on him by Liberals. It's probably because he's white, and Liberals hate white people. That's gotta be it. It's sad watching the left's mind get warped by pure hatred of the right(and white people in general), that they would go after such a stoic and noble figure such as Sean Hannity.

@LogicalInsanity, OK, saw the first clip, and I am seriously at a loss here. He has a fascist guest on who comes in super hot, and Lemon is trying hard to calm him down and to turn it to a respectful, decent conversation, which Clarke is resisting, while spewing hateful, dishonest rhetoric. Lemon comes off extremely well in that one. I'll check the other ones.

The second clip is very short, and it's pretty bad of you to characterize that as racist. He's saying that the bigger terror threat in America is right-wing racists, which is something the FBI will confirm. That's simply a factual statement.

Is the third just a bunch of clips of Lemon condemning racism with no context? So your objection to Lemon is that he doesn't like racism?

I think the same about Hannity, to be honest. I've seen his show a few times, and he seems very well mannered and respectful, and clearly has integrity as his number one focus at all times. I don't get these ugly and hate filled attacks on him by Liberals. It's probably because he's white, and Liberals hate white people. That's gotta be it. It's sad watching the left's mind get warped by pure hatred of the right(and white people in general), that they would go after such a stoic and noble figure such as Sean Hannity.

Yeah, I predicted that you would attempt no substance.

Here's Hannity last night:

LOL!

@LogicalInsanity, OK, saw the first clip, and I am seriously at a loss here. He has a fascist guest on who comes in super hot, and Lemon is trying hard to calm him down and to turn it to a respectful, decent conversation, which Clarke is resisting, while spewing hateful, dishonest rhetoric. Lemon comes off extremely well in that one. I'll check the other ones.

The second clip is very short, and it's pretty bad of you to characterize that as racist. He's saying that the bigger terror threat in America is right-wing racists, which is something the FBI will confirm. That's simply a factual statement.

Is the third just a bunch of clips of Lemon condemning racism with no context? So your objection to Lemon is that he doesn't like racism?

no, the third clip is attempting to race bait a pastor into following his narrative.

like @bobgeese said, watch how they introduce this black pastor....and then when the convo doesn't go as Lemon plans, watch how he treats him.

Obviously CNN isn't fake news but this forum is jam packed with uneducated white men at the bottom of the socioeconomic barrel. Of course the majority opinion here is going to be grunting of "fake news". Meanwhile they also don't know the difference between entertainment opinion news and investigative journalism, so their opinions aren't informed enough to have any gravity. Most Trump loving respondents do get their news from entertainment blogs and don't actually know what constitutes journalism, so how can their opinion ever be informed when they choose feel good "news" over critical thinking?

{<jimmies}

no, the third clip is attempting to race bait a pastor into following his narrative.

like @bobgeese said, watch how they introduce this black pastor....and then when the convo doesn't go as Lemon plans, watch how he treats him.

Prepare to have the mention of my name used as an excuse to duck the question.

Heretic is going to Heretic, but I thought you were trying to set a higher bar for yourself.

OK, I saw past the weird montage. I'm still not seeing what's supposed to be so objectionable.

i think both Fox and CNN are the propaganda arms of their parties, with some news thrown in sometimes, too.

c'mon, that was a little funny.

Note that I just took Hannity's most recent show, and he's ranting and lying. While in your attempt to demonstrate what you hate so much about Lemon, you posted three old clips of him, and none of them had anything even remotely comparable to just Hannity's most recent thing. I really can't see what you disliked about the first clip. And the second I think is deliberately misinterpreting his comment (also taking it out of context). In the third, he's expressing a point of view that you might (oddly) disagree with--that Trump is a racist. But he's doing it in a way that I don't see how you can consider objectionable.

In general, the false equivalence game is destroying the country. Trump can't convince anyone that he's a good person or that he's acting in the best interest of the country, but he can convince many people to wrongly believe that everyone else is the same as him. Likewise for Hannity. And Fox.

Also, you went beyond false equivalence. You said you 100% agree with this:

"(Hannity is) not a dishonest, petty, race baiting, spiteful, unprofessional hack like lemon"

Not fake but definitely very biased, much like Fox News is very biased and msnbc is very biased and so on. They can even report the same story and they will each spin it differently. It’s sad really, and if I want to get decent unbiased news I have to go international.

I don't see the problem. Seemed like an objective fair and balanced take on the situation.

keep in mind you’re dealing with morons here

ppl who think a halfwit like lemon is doing a good job n is a good journalist can’t be much smarter themselves

for example here’s a take of a law professor n a true liberal (not the phony regressive bozos masquerading as liberals):

That pretty much tells you all you need to know n shows you a difference between reality n a spin on msm

Last edited:
I think CNN as well as plenty other big media outlets are bias. They have their own agendas but for the most part they report the truth even if they twist it and sometimes explain it in a certain way to push their agenda. That doesn't mean mistakes dont happen.

What's weird to me is the amount of effort put in to make CNN look bad. Fox News is just as bias yet go check your average Fox comment section than go check a CNN comment section. They're both overwhelming filled with hatred towards the left. Its like every few comments in CNN there someone saying "fake news" or complaining about liberals "the left" "sjw's" etc. Dont get me wrong plenty liberals to complain about but these trolls are working overtime trying to paint the left with the same brush. You rarely see comments saying "some on the left". Its just "the left". Most on the left go after Trump or make fun of trump supporters but you rarely see them go after conservatives as a whole and paint them with the same brush (not saying it doesnt happen. just not as much).

The left also tend to attack other liberals whereas the right doesn't attack others on the right (as much). They seem to be more tribal. Candace Owens was interviewed on Joe Rogan and she admitted to not knowing about climate change yet still called it fake simply because many on the right believe its fake so therefore she must. People on the left do this also but its such a ignorant way of thinking.

I created a thread on this subforum a few months ago titled "why are the right so obsessed with the left" and it got put in the wasteland subforum which left me confused. I wasnt trolling. I wasnt trying to be bias. I'm not as lost within this "left vs right" crap like many others tend to be. I just pay attention and genuinely see right wing trolls all over comment sections (mainly YouTube) just complaining about the left. People are automatically gonna get defensive reading all of this but im not trying to be bias.

Even Joe Rogans page is overwhelmingly infested with Far Right trolls as if they're getting paid to manipulate people who read those comment sections. Like they're posting from some troll farm somewhere.

Also look how much energy goes into hating Antifia. Yes Antifia have bad people. Every group is gonna have some bad apples. Its human nature. A bad apple does something that makes a whole group and the meaning behind that group look bad and trolls take advantage like children in a playground: "look look see antifa are bad" yet some of the bad apples on the other side resembles Nazi Germany. You have dudes literally walking into shopping malls and killing Mexicans. Antifa stands for anti fascists but not everyone represents it well. Some act like fascists themselves but the reason why SOME on the far right put so much effort into hating them is because they are fascists and they see groups like antifa as a threat.

They made Keith Olbermann the star well after this phase when the war was reaching Vietnam levels of unpopularity...In 2003 and 2004, the story was entirely different than in say 2006 and 2007.

hiya ferrisjso,

Mr. Olbermann's "Countdown" show debuted in march 2003, when support for the Iraq war very high among american folks.

MSNBC slotted Olbermann's show at 8:00 PM. the heart of prime time.

*shrugs*

- IGIT

Back