Opinion Do you actually think that CNN is "fake news"?

I will concede

hey again bobgeese,

good stuff. concession accepted.

i have a dinner reservation that i'm late for, maybe we'll talk more later.

adios!

- IGIT

Last edited:
Again, that is an absurd, ugly, dishonest characterization of Lemon.

But more than that, Lemon leans a little left but has open discussions and isn't a political hack. Hannity doesn't even really have an ideology and just blindly defends his party. Even the Coulter said that if Trump decided to embrace communism, Hannity would go along with it.
NYT banned its reporters from appearing on his partisan hack of a show. Sounds a bit more than "leans a little left"

NYT banned its reporters from appearing on his partisan hack of a show. Sounds a bit more than "leans a little left"

Why? The Times doesn't want its reporters appearing on opinion shows that have a leaning. How that translates to him being a Hannity-like hack or all the nasty stuff @LogicalInsanity was saying about him is a mystery. Again, it just seems like you guys hate anyone to the left of Hitler, especially if they're not white.

Why? The Times doesn't want its reporters appearing on opinion shows that have a leaning. How that translates to him being a Hannity-like hack or all the nasty stuff @LogicalInsanity was saying about him is a mystery. Again, it just seems like you guys hate anyone to the left of Hitler, especially if they're not white.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/05/the-times-gives-maddow-the-cold-shoulder?verso=true
The Times has come to “prefer,” as sources put it, that its reporters steer clear of any cable-news shows that the masthead perceives as too partisan, and managers have lately been advising people not to go on what they see as highly opinionated programs. It's not clear how many shows fall under that umbrella in the eyes of Times brass, but two others that definitely do are Lawrence O’Donnell’s and Don Lemon’s, according to people familiar with management’s thinking. Hannity’s or Tucker Carlson’s shows would likewise make the cut, but it's not like Times reporters ever do those anyway.

Dude, you've descended into agree with grimballer. If you've ever seen Lemon's show, I'm really not seeing how you can hate the guy so much.

Some people hate Lemon because he's black and gay.

Of course, those who do (hate him for those reasons) would never admit it.

Also, some people hate ANYONE who doesn't like Trump.

Lemon is soooooooooooooooooo respectful compared to...anyone on Fox News, etc, etc.

Lemon is soooooooooooooooooo respectful .

Not is you’re a black pastor unwilling to tow the line...

95rr.jpg

Notice how they introduced him very respectfully, but when he didn’t tow the line, he magically became a “controversial pastor”...

Further details below.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnns-...ump-during-interview-journalistic-malpractice

hiya LogicalInsanity,

ohhhh, i see.

is that why they made Keith Olbermann the star of their network?

they didn't remove all the dissenting opinions, but they learned that Americans didn't want to hear, 24 to 7, news that many Americans felt wasn't "supporting our troops" and "unpatriotic".

the Americans spoke.

- IGIT

They made Keith Olbermann the star well after this phase when the war was reaching Vietnam levels of unpopularity a time when even Fox viewers would have been tiring of hearing pro war talking points. This was before their five or six year stint where they actually were left of center before they took a super hard 180. In 2003 and 2004, the story was entirely different than in say 2006 and 2007. People forget but the war was so unpopular that if Nancy had done impeachment in 2007 Bush would have very likely been the first President removed from office. Supporting the man was a political liability regardless of party perhaps more so than any President since Herbert Hoover.

And you know there was also them promoting the war on the pretense of false information.

All news is fake when it comes with a hefty dose of bias and slant.

I don’t think they’re fake news but they are so biased that i don’t trust them, same as Fox.

Most big medias have lost their impartiality a long time ago.

i can deal with bias as long as you dont intentionally try to mislead the public. I mean you can present the facts and then spin it the way you want it to be spun. But i have come across occasions where news outlets full on dont care about the facts.

worst ive ever seen was cnn and how they covered sherrelle smith who was the sister of a black man who was shot by police in milwaukee. Sherrelle is on video urging a group of protestors "dont bring the violence here. Stop burning down shit we need."...cnn showed that portion of video and stopped it there and then the news anchors gave her credit for her pleas for compassion. They also covered the story in print media as well online in the same fashion praising her. Except they actually edited out the part where Sherrelle then says "take that shit to the suburbs. Burn they shit down!". They later admitted to "mischaracterizing" her statements but only after they were called out on it by people who saw the the parts cnn cut out of the video. I mean if thats not fake news then i dont know what is.

Another recent one is the case of ismael lopez who was an illegal in mississippi. Headlines were all over such as by ABC : "After Police shot the wrong man, city's attorney says he didnt have constitutional rights"...huffingtonpost: "cops at wrong house kill undocumented man, city claims he doesnt have constitutional rights"...etc there were headlines all over like this. I read that and thought what the hell?!?! Cops can shoot an innocent man and get away with it if hes here illegally?!?!

But then I read the details and those headlines were so misleading. The cops went to the wrong house while searching for a criminal in the area. Ismael pointed a gun at the cops and the cops opened fire killing him. the investigation concluded no fault of the police officers based on the circumstances. The family of Ismael filed a civil suit against the city for 20 million. The civil suit pointed out how they illegally searched his home. Thats when the city responded that ismael didnt have a constitutional right for privacy of his home since he was an illegal immigrant with felonies who had been deported twice and was in illegal possession of a fire arm which he drew on police. The constitutional rights thing had nothing to do with the actual act of him getting shot, just the circumstances surrounding the wrongful search of his property. But you had to dig through articles to get to all of that stuff.

I mean, seriously, all ANY news org has to do is point out Trump saying and doing dumb dumb dumb things as he lies and lies and lies all over the place, including lying and lying about his own lies.................

Right now, it's all about Turkey invading Syria RIGHT AFTER Trump went back on our word to help allies there. Even Lindsay Graham is trying to plead with Trump to help said allies before it's too late............

I fear, it is too late, and simply because Trump is a dumb dumb dumb dumbfuck, ISIS may be reinvigorated, etc, etc now.

Anyway, If you deem CNN as fake, do you alternatively think that FOX News is legit...?
You sound like a dumb dumb dumb dumbface...

Congrats on making it to 4th grade ts

Back