Do yall personally know any famous or semi famous muscians...

JAderholt

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Or have any personal stories of musicians or other famous/semi famous people?

My wife was good friends with jason isbell in hs, and we've hung out a good bit. We made the rounds in the local music scene here in muscle shoals together. Not sure if yall are familar with him or not.

I frequented a bar in bakersfield called 'charlies'. This band, Adema, hung out there a lot. My buddy went to hs with some. Anyway, hung out with those guys some.

Smoked weed with Jurassic 5 guys after a show. It came on the radio later that night that they crashed their touring bus.

My wife pulled fat mike (nofx) out of a crowd to talk to me b/c I didn't want to bother him but she knew I was a big fan.

Non musician story.
I talked to and was filmed by Lloyd Kaufman (prez of troma) at an event called tromapalooza. I was drunk and told him my life story n he filmed it. At least 30 min. long. Its probably in a special feature on some troma dvd.

Anybody got any interesting stories similar?

one of my childhood friends

My wife was good friends with jason isbell in hs, and we've hung out a good bit. We made the rounds in the local music scene here in muscle shoals together. Not sure if yall are familar with him or not.

I frequented a bar in bakersfield called 'charlies'. This band, Adema, hung out there a lot. My buddy went to hs with some. Anyway, hung out with those guys some.

Smoked weed with Jurassic 5 guys after a show. It came on the radio later that night that they crashed their touring bus.

My wife pulled fat mike (nofx) out of a crowd to talk to me b/c I didn't want to bother him but she knew I was a big fan.

Non musician story.
I talked to and was filmed by Lloyd Kaufman (prez of troma) at an event called tromapalooza. I was drunk and told him my life story n he filmed it. At least 30 min. long. Its probably in a special feature on some troma dvd.

How famous? I have a friend that played in a band in the early 80's and signed to Major. Nothing big tho. But I know alot of people in punk bands that are semi big in the DIY area.

Michael Jackson touched my penis once when I was 9

mostly just local punk bands like naked raygun and pegboy. A friend of mine who frequently commissions custom guitars from me is a touring musician working his way up the ladder in the blues/roots world as well.

Hung out with The Clarks a few times. They are from my hometown.

These dudes:

Sum 41

The winner of Rockstar: Supernova

A guy in a pretty popular punk band.

I play bridge with Tom Waits on the third Tuesday of every month. He likes to be called Tommy Boy.

i grew up on the same block as the lead singer of Thrice. used to hang out and play n64 everyday

they were big for awhile but they weren't even semi famous when they broke up, and are just getting back together

i still get nostalgia when i watch always sunny reruns, because their bar is/was covered in thrice stickers
tumblr_lzggvzRDx21qbukhpo1_1280.png

MY CHILDHOOOOOD

My best friend growing up was in a band that got to be semi big around the Hampton Roads area. The band was AOD (Art of Destruction)

My ex wife hung out with the band Train and Splendor before they both got big/semi big on the Va Beach oceanfront/strip.

My grandfather made it semi big in the 30s playing upright bass with a band known as the Phelps Brothers. They actually toured with Tex Ritter, Gene Autry and Ray Whitley (not that many here would know who they are/were)

Non musician story.

I grew up in northeastern Pennsylvania and we used to always go into New Jersey to go to punk and hardcore shows. Bands would rent out a local hall or American Legion and have concerts. We'd travel all over North Jersey on weekends going to them and partying. At one show a new band called My Chemical Romance was playing, and my friend Ted who was in another band introduced us to them. This was WAY before they were famous they were just regular kids like us back then. After they played their set we partied with them all night getting high. I kept calling the lead singer Gerard Way "Gerry" instead of Gerard which seemed to get on his nerves a bit, but we were so high by then I kept doing it anyway

A friend of mine played in Say Anything. I never head of them until we met though and he had just left the band. He introduced me to the singer of Glassjaw. Nice guy.

I used to rent in the same studio as a band called Dragpipe who signed to Interscope but after an album and touring were dropped.

Played a show with Letters to Cleo who went on to have a hit and a song on Melrose Place, I think. Drummer who was really nice went on to sing for All American Rejects.

Non musician story.

Never heard of any of the band or people you listed.

If we're name dropping on bands then my cousin is/was the lead singer of Violence (Sean Killian). So yeah, I know Phil Demmel and Rob Flynn from Machine Head as a result. I've met Chuck Billy from Testament a few times too a few decades ago. I used to work on his BMW's audio system.

Never heard of any of the band or people you listed.

If we're name dropping on bands then my cousin is/was the lead singer of Violence (Sean Killian). So yeah, I know Phil Demmel and Rob Flynn from Machine Head as a result. I've met Chuck Billy from Testament a few times too a few decades ago. I used to work on his BMW's audio system.

Hummanah hummanah.

My cousins father is Freddie Leon. Famous ny jazz pianist. Her mom is my moms younger sister. I still call him tio even tho they've been divorced for ages. He's the one who drove my mom to the hospital when she was in labor and I wanted out

Back